Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
Update: baby wood is not coming today, and the logic isn’t sound. I’m having contractions, my waters have gone and have blood in them, yet they want me to stay here at least another night to see if they need to give me a section if I’ve got an infection, which they will do in a week. I’ve had the steroids, I’m here, just cut me open and get him out.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

Fearne

Chatty Member
Got the call today that c section is Thursday. Felt like I'd found out I was pregnant again and not sure how to feel. She's going to be here on Thursday 😳 not sure I can be anymore prepared but still hasn't sunk in 😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

kayefeluu20

VIP Member
Had a very crampy day yesterday which has amounted to nothing. She's head down and engaged but I guess just not interested in coming out. I'm giving up now - no more ball, no more pumping, just going to relax and enjoy my last two days of pregnancy before induction. I'm going to make a dent in my sofa and in a bar of Cadburys marvellous creations and play the Sims 😆

• Heart

amyy

VIP Member
Just found out I'm having a girl!! I'm so shocked, I've never had a preference and obvs it's a boy or girl but I'm just so shocked haha!! There was nothing between the legs at all 🙈

Wanting a unique name, nothing stupid, but something that is not as common in nursery. I don't like classic girl names, I'd have something unisex or would have something girly but not common. Any suggestions ?x

• Heart

Hashtagnotspon

Chatty Member
Cautiously rejoining the thread after a positive test this week. Very early days so hoping things stick!

Had a miscarriage at 11 weeks in September so feeling particularly nervous

• Heart

Elisha97

Chatty Member
Just joining this thread as I’ve just found out I’m pregnant after a very long wait for this baby! Is it normal to feel this overwhelmed and desperate for confirmation/ health checks? I must have done 30-40 tests to make sure I really was pregnant 😂

• Heart

cmcdb

Chatty Member
Mucus plug definitely came away 🙈 been kept in for the night now and even tho section is booked for 29th, I’d say I’m here for awhile! Twin A is oblique transverse and twin B is head down with a lot of fluid around him.. plus side no pain, waters haven’t gone and partner is allowed to stay for the night 🙏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 13

sodit

VIP Member
Just coming to officially park myself in these threads after a bit of skimming in the first miserable tri, hiya!

Feels a bit surreal as I went through these threads with my first and even though I swear no time has passed, that baby is now two and I'm here going again.

kayefeluu20

VIP Member
I'm one "any sign of the baby?" message away from snapping and deleting WhatsApp 😅 my 'mother' who I'm not close to at all has been messaging me saying things like "Tell her Nannas waiting!"... please just go away and leave me alone thanks, I don't enjoy talking to you at the best of times.

• Heart
  • Haha

jolly_parsley

Chatty Member
Had my 20-week scan today and found out Baby Parsley is a boy! I had a feeling that they were a boy for the last couple of months so not much of a surprise (but my husband was sure we were having a girl), but naturally it’s boys names we’re struggling with! Our girls names were sorted!

• Heart
Reactions: 12

kayefeluu20

VIP Member
So according to the monitor I've been having contractions every 10-12 mins and just... had no idea 🤷🏼‍♀️ midwife said they're too regular to be braxton hicks but not quite proper labour contractions. May not be able to have the gel as planned and may have to skip some steps 😬 baby is very happy and wriggly and has no idea her departure from the warmth of my body is imminent 🙃

• Heart
  • Wow

givemethegossx

Hello 👋 got my positive pregnancy test today! I’m surprisingly calm about it (my first pregnancy was a surprise and I was terrified lol) maybe because I’ve done it before I feel a little bit more relaxed this time! Looking forward to the next 8 months!

• Heart

Renegade

After reading this thread, and with relentless vomiting and nausea, I decided to skip my Pregnacare tablet for the last 3 days and I finally feel back to myself with zero vomiting and minimal nausea!!! 🤯🤯

My husband asked a pharmacist and he confirmed it could well have been the supplement causing my sickness and to revert to folic acid & vitamin D. So happy to feel human again 🥲🥲. I am 13.5 weeks.

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
Morning ladies. Worse night sleep I’ve ever had - I hate hospitals. Woke up at four with the “I’m too tired to have a baby today” mantra and now I’ve got slight contractions happening, so baby may end up coming today anyway 😆

• Heart

Lioness1

Chatty Member
Hello all! Jumping on this thread now I got my positive test yesterday on Christmas Day. Baby #2 and can’t believe our luck that we’ve conceived both first time trying. I’m anxious to wait until 12 weeks for a scan so will probably book in for an early one, also had HG my first pregnancy so I’m really hoping it’s not as bad this time round, I’m not sure how I will cope with a toddler this time!

• Heart

kayefeluu20

VIP Member
40 week appointment went well - she's fully engaged, heart rate perfect and FH exactly 40 cm ✨️ we love a bang average baby! Declined a stretch and sweep bc I feel like it'd undo all my efforts to be relaxed and just let labour come when it comes. Midwife was lovely about it and said it probably wouldn't work if I was tense anyway 😅 will probs continue to decline them for that reason. Induction will be scheduled by 14/12 if she decides not to show up 😬

• Heart
Well ladies, still in hospital. Been here since Monday. As I need to have 24 hours with no bleeding before they can look to discharge me. Happy that baby is well and healthy. Having lots of monitoring on her. Just so frustrating that there’s no explanation as to where the bleeding is coming from and a couple of times they’ve thought I’m
Having contractions but then I haven’t felt anything!
Had a wobble this morning, up since 4:30am, and panicking about it all. But cannot praise the midwives here highly enough. They’re so kind and reassuring and if I want to hear baby they will put me on monitoring straight away.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hey, I am new to this thread! Found out last night I am 5 weeks pregnant so feeling a range of emotions! Hoping this thread will give me some comfort and advice especially where it is only me and my partner that knows at the moment so apart from him I have no one to talk to or ask questions :ROFLMAO: was wide awake at 3am this morning googling all sorts of things! Does anyone have any tips early on in the pregnancy? Do's and don't?
We are tempted to book an early scan to check everything is ok and as it should be. Just feels very surreal at the moment x

• Heart
Reactions: 11