Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ro98

VIP Member
Came in for reduced movements this evening & been offered induction as they’re worried about it happening again and what’s going on with baby.
I feel soooo underprepared and was so against it but they’ve said 48hrs of 2 pessary then if nothing has happened I can choose what happens next. I hope it stays that way but ultimately feel so nervous/excited/scared to finally be meeting him at some point this week 😬 I get to go home after the pessary so hopefully can sleep.
Any tips or advice please shout my way!!! 🙏🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Dianne

Chatty Member
I’m always stunned when I read mother / mother I’m law posts on here (Tattle in general). It disturbs me how much influence and control they think they’re entitled to have over an individual’s life.

As shite as having a baby in 2020 was, at least you had the valid excuse of 1 birth partner allowed!

• Heart
Thank you everyone!! Best of luck with your labour's and meeting your new babies when the time comes!! ❤❤❤

I am leaving the thread now but just wanted to say that hypnobirthing helped me massively to handle to sudden changes that occurred in my labour and helped me handle things as they unfolded. If you can at all please do consider it ❤❤❤

• Heart

Ro98

VIP Member
At triage because I couldn’t tell if my discharge was discharge or slow leak of waters, the midwife made me feel like a fool as though “you’re only 36+4” as if waters can’t go before 40 weeks.
Cried all the way here thinking I’m worrying for nothing, hopefully I am! But I’d never forgive myself if I didn’t get it checked & something happened to him. And considering it was only this morning at my scheduled MW appointment I was told “if you’re ever unsure then ring & they’ll be happy to check!” 😒

• Heart

Tifastrife

VIP Member
I think the thing I’m looking forward to most post pregnancy is the ability to breathe through my nose again.

• Heart
Does anyone feel like they’ve ate quite unhealthy in their pregnancy and feel a bit bad about it? I’m not crazy unhealthy I drink my fair share of water, don’t drink much caffeine I haven’t been eating takeaway every night but I have enjoyed sugar and chocolate maybe a bit too much 😂

Tifastrife

VIP Member
I’m really taken aback. Like, I’m probably being hormonal and dramatic but I was discussing with my partner should I be more open about induction and he basically was like HE can’t be arsed with all the waiting about that can happen after it, HE will be bored and could he just come home until things start. Honestly after being so open about how scared I am RE induction and birth/being in hospital in general I feel like somebodies ripped my stomach out through my chest. Didn’t realise I was marrying such a selfish ass and I’m so surprised I can’t work out where this has come from.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Random one ladies .. but has anyone had an issue with their mother absolutely kicking off because they haven’t been asked to be at the birth.. apparently “every daughter has their mother” and I’ve been made to feel super guilty… I don’t know if I’m in the wrong or not 🥺😔
I haven't had that issue (haven't spoken to my mother in 4 years) but no one I know has ever had their mother at their birth. Not any of my friends, not any of my work colleagues, not any of my relatives, not any of my husband's relatives.

Personally I think it's a special moment between the mother and father of the baby unless your circumstances are that you don't have a relationship with the father or he cannot be there for whatever reason. Then in that case your birthing partner should be someone else of your choosing, not someone who is guilting you into having them there.

Personally, again, I find that weirdly invasive.

• Heart

Tifastrife

VIP Member
I’m next in line. Been a long day of waiting and I’m absolutely starving but a couple hours and it’ll be over 🫠😂

• Heart

Ro98

VIP Member
Hey, I’m new to this thread but have caught up and can totally sympathise with you, inductions are long and exhausting and feel like they might never end! If you feel like a c-section is the right decision for you then be assertive and push for it.

They might push back a bit but they can’t say no.

Im 28 weeks and I’ll be requesting a c-section this time!
Thank you! The midwife came round this morning to ask what I had decided and I said no more of the induction process, I’d like a C-section.
She was more than happy & said she would speak to the consultant to get him to come round today to make a plan 🤞🏼
I’m glad you have also been able to go for what you want this time! Hope they don’t give you a hard time when asking for it!

• Heart

Tifastrife

VIP Member
I'm so sorry, that must be so stressful after preparing for it 🙁 I hope you can have a relaxing evening and enjoy being in comfortable surroundings before you have to go back ❤
It’s just been such a rollercoaster couple of days. I feel so drained. I think I might call the mental health team tomorrow cos I don’t feel like I am coping right now and I’m worried it will get worse once baby comes. I just feel so messed around 😮💨

• Heart
  • Sad

themuffinwoman

VIP Member
Well I think somethings happening. Started losing the mucus plug yesterday, annoyingly the hospital insisted I go in when I rang because there was a pinkish blood, then I got there and they said “oh yeah you didn’t need to call” 🙄 they checked baby over at least and she’s fine.

Woke up at 5am and had what I would call mild period pains that come in waves. They don’t seem to be massively frequent but there’s a pattern. Got a midwife appointment today anyway so assuming they don’t get any worse I’ll see what she says. Maybe baby Muffin will be one of the 4% to actually come on her due date today!

• Heart

Spencerskates

VIP Member
I’m home now after spending the night/day in hospital. Baby Skates is still on board for now and my contractions have stopped. His heart rate was quite erratic at time so they kept me on a monitor for a while. Hoping that all will be fine leading up to my next midwife appointment and growth scan and they’ll reassess from there:

• Heart

Tifastrife

VIP Member
Due date today. Feeling really fed up can’t help but thinking I’d have been home by now if my section had gone ahead as planned the other day! Have a had a few twinges today and thought maybe my mucus plug was coming away. Either way he’ll be here by Monday, trying no to dwell on it!

• Heart

fudgebox

VIP Member
Hi everyone can I join? Just found out I’m pregnant I did early detection tests so I’m only 3 weeks 1 day apparently🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Ditto247

Hi all. I've just found out I'm pregnant. I am absolutely terrified of labour. I'm only around 4 weeks so long road ahead of me but the thought of labour is really worrying me! (which I guess is absolutely normal but the fear completely consumes me, hence why it has took me and my partner of 11 years until our 30's to try)
I'm 31 and we have fell in our first month trying so it's been a shock and I'm feeling extremely lucky. Will be ringing the gp on Monday and I know after speaking to a midwife it may help with my worries.

• Heart

Pontiac_Bandit

VIP Member
40+1 today, just had a midwife appointment and she said baby is 4/5 engaged and my cervix is softening 🎉 she tried to do a sweep but my cervix was too far back to complete it, but from what she could feel she said things are moving the right way and her trying to reach it might help bring on labour. Back to bouncing on the ball this afternoon to try to encourage baby out!

• Heart

Nosysamsie

VIP Member
Reading some of these posts, I find it so sad that there are actual adults out there who have such little respect for boundaries that you have to hide when you’re in labour and keep it a secret because they won’t just respect your boundaries and behave like decent humans.
Whats makes it scarier in my eyes is that these people have had children and have been in our position and still continue to disrespect boundaries.

Nosysamsie

VIP Member
Random one ladies .. but has anyone had an issue with their mother absolutely kicking off because they haven’t been asked to be at the birth.. apparently “every daughter has their mother” and I’ve been made to feel super guilty… I don’t know if I’m in the wrong or not 🥺😔
You're definitely not in the wrong. I think some mums/MIL assume they have the right to be present. Personally, I've asked my sister to be my second birth partner because we are close and she's been amazingly supportive throughout my diagnosis of infertility and then our miracle pregnancy. She asked my mum the other day about babysitting her kids if I go into labour and she's needed and my mum said "ill have to see about that, or I can go to the hospital instead". So my sister has said she doesn't know if she'll be able to come now because my mum won't give a straight answer (my mum isn't joking about coming instead). Also my MIL googled the hospital visiting rules and said 'you can have 2 birth partners can't you, who you having' and got upset when I said my sister and my hubby. I know for a fact I wouldn't want my mum or MIL there. They'd make it about them. My MIL despises any intervention and my mum would snatch the baby out my arms the moment its born. So I wouldn't want them there.
You do what's best for you!

• Wow