Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tifastrife

VIP Member
Just dawned on me this is my last weekend ever before becoming a mum. I’m spending the time well… binging the sims 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

themuffinwoman

VIP Member
Hi everyone, finally got home with baby muffin last night around 11pm after 5 days in hospital. I’m going to pop the experience in a spoiler as it maybe triggering for some, it certainly is for me and I don’t think I’ve wholly processed it yet.

will be gradually transitioning to the new baby thread, this thread was a godsend whenever weird crap happened during pregnancy so thanks to each and everyone of you for your advice.

after getting mild contractions last Thursday, my waters broke on the Saturday morning. This was confirmed by the hospital, and I was booked in for an induction for Sunday morning 24 hours after the waters broke due to infection.
I had quite painful cramps overnight, went in on Sunday morning and was already 4cm dilated. They broke the rest of my waters and things ramped up, ended up having codeine, gas and air, pethidine and an epidural.

got to 10cm dilated after 9 hours in labour, and after pushing for an hour, was told she was stuck behind some bend in the cervix? They assured me I was pushing fine and nothing to do with the epidural. The only things left were instrumental or c section, and she was so far up instrumental wouldnt reach her so I had to have sn emergency section, which was really really the worst thing as I preached being miss flexible but I just did not want it. It went fine and beautiful baby muffin was born. However, since then my pulse was high and I picked up several infections. My legs and feet are also incredibly swollen which concerned doctors. Baby Muffin is the saving grace in all this, I found 5 days in hospital the worst of my life, although those days gave me the best thing in my life.

I’m pretty immobile atm with the scar the way it is, and I don’t think I’ve properly processed exactly what has happened to me. I just thought I would share and say if anyone wants to discuss then I’m happy to, the midwife is coming over later and I might have a chat with her about PTSD as I don’t feel I can process exactly what happened.

• Heart

Tifastrife

VIP Member
Section rebooked for Monday, round two 🤞🏼 I’ll be 40+2 by then so who knows he might make an appearance on his own beforehand 😬

• Heart

Dianne

Chatty Member
I wish Penn Badgley would do a hypnobirthing podcast to listen to while in labour. He has a very calming voice. Just my thought of the day.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

HinchesSousChef

VIP Member
I hope I’ve put this correctly in a spoiler. My intention was to so I’m very sorry if it’s not and upsets anyone.
third baby - for me this was a positive birth story. I was 40&5 days. Had a sweep. My waters broke and meconium present so admitted to labour. I laboured for 14 hours with hormone drip. Opted for no epidural and was able to use gas and air to manage contractions.
pushed baby out. They got stuck but she was manoeuvred out by amazing midwife. First degree tear. Allvery happy. I think that might have been terrifying for my first baby but I wanted to say you can manage hormone drip on gas and air. It is doable. Don’t feel pressured into epidural if you don’t want it. If you want it. Have it though!

• Heart

Ro98

VIP Member
Who would’ve thought someone who isn’t carrying my baby could have such an opinion over whether he comes out vaginally or the sunroof!
Wasn’t aware that when induction isn’t working I should ignore doctors advice (and my own gut feeling) & wait to go into labour potentially endangering us both! 🤯
I’d LOVE a beautiful water birth but it isn’t likely to happen. That’s life and I’m glad I’m taking some control back over his birth.
Why are some mother in laws like this??
“the recovery will be horrific” “she won’t be able to do anything” “why don’t you just wait longer”
thank U!! For the support and encouragement dear MIL 🙂🙂👍🏼👍🏼

• Heart
  • Sad

justonemorepage

VIP Member
Having a bit of a rant so putting behind a spoiler so people can just scroll past if not interested 😂

So basically I decided to tell my one close friend that I'm pregnant because she has children so I thought she'd understand and I could chat to her openly with no judgement. Found out today that I was wrong. I have a lot of confusion over how far along I am. The first day of my last period puts me at 11 weeks but my emergency scan put me back to 8 weeks so until my scan in May I have no idea where I am in this pregnancy. This week I've started getting proper nausea that lasts all day. I don't feel the need to physically be sick but the feeling is there of queasiness. I mentioned this to her today and she shut me down and told me I wouldn't be this nauseous this early and that she didn't have any nausea until she was almost at her 2nd trimester so I felt very invalidated. To add to that I've had a particularly stressful few months and it all got on top of me today and I ended up in a full blown panic attack, sobbing etc and then started getting dragging pains in my ovaries and across the middle section between my ovaries. Obviously started panicking more so I'm trying to calm myself down. I fear having a MC so much that it consumes my every thought. I know I need to just chill out but I can't wait for this pregnancy to progress just to know that everything is going okay. Sorry for the rant if you've read this far, just needed to get it all off my chest 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 16

emisixo

Wow congratulations!! Will they be your first babies? X
Yes! At the age of 38. Talk about getting 2 for 1!! Here’s me not believing I’m pregnant for the last 8 weeks 😆 They are non-identical and I was told that’s lower risk so I’m relieved about that. Just waiting for my bloods to come back in a few days to check them both for DS etc. I’m already a big girl as well 🙈 a bit panicky about how large I’ll be in a few months time.

• Heart
Omg congratulations!!! How are you? How is baby?
The baby is good, she's a decent weight for a premi so that give me confidence. Was hand expressing for her today and will be on the pump tomorrow, funnily enough I had already decidedly I was not breastfeeding this one after doing it the last 2 times 🙈. Haven't met her yet cause it was bit of an emergency situation (my first c section after two natural births) but look forward to seeing her later ❤

• Heart

LilyRose1234

VIP Member
Reading some of these posts, I find it so sad that there are actual adults out there who have such little respect for boundaries that you have to hide when you’re in labour and keep it a secret because they won’t just respect your boundaries and behave like decent humans.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Tifastrife

VIP Member
I’ve just sat and listened to my MIL downstairs berate and slag off my desire to have a section over being induced. I’m shaking with rage right now. I was going to go down and offer her coffee but I’m just going to ducking stay in bed until she leaves now. Honestly, feel like I could strangle her.

• Heart
  • Wow
  • Sad

Pontiac_Bandit

VIP Member
My midwife appointment today went well - she had another go at a sweep and was able to complete it this time, and said my cervix is starting to move forward and is softer than last week, and I'm 1cm dilated. I'm booked for another sweep on Saturday, and if there's still nothing happening I'm booked to start the induction process on Monday (41+6). I've been feeling quite uncomfortable and had some period-like feelings since the sweep which she said is normal, and I'm hoping they'll progress into something more soon! 🤞

• Heart

Kaylarina

I don’t want anyone visiting me in hospital other than my husband and maybe my mum! I don’t know why people need to see a new born baby INSTANTLY
When we had out daughter last year, we didn't tell anyone she was born until we were home from the hospital. Doing the same with this one as well. Sorry, but no. Just me and my husband for this.

tattle420

VIP Member
Oh my goodness. I couldn't imagine anything worse. I've had to specify 2 birth partners (one incase the first can't get there for some reason) and then the visiting is restricted to one person of my choice, so will be baby's dad. It's been a nightmare passing that information on because noone wants to believe that they aren't entitled to come and see baby, as surely working at the hospital I'm giving birth in gives me special privileges 🤣🤦‍♀️

I'm sorry you've had that with you FIL. I've had the same issue tbh. How did you get round it?
the good thing is that my husband absolutely cannot stand his own dad so he deals with his bullshit 😂 i swear my husband spent the whole pregnancy screaming at his own dad & sister at least once a week for being weird and crossing boundaries.

one thing i regret is letting people come over so early on while i was still recovering. baby was born on the 15th, 19th was my birthday so i had my in laws over (husband and i were staying with my family). imagine being 4 days pp and having to pretend to care about anything else other than ur baby - i couldn't care less about my birthday, felt like my entire perineum was numb & on fire at the same time (couldn't sit at all), and ended up crying in my room bc i felt like my baby was getting taken away from me and got hit with the worst pp blues.

ladies, pls stand up for yourselves bc you and your baby are the only ones that matter. no one else's feelings or thoughts should come before yours.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Spencerskates

VIP Member
Been having braxton hicks and lower abdominal pain so have been in hospital, now admitted to a ward. My cervix is closed but the hormone test/swab they did indicated a possibility of early labour. I’ve just been left and nothing has been explained to me. In a room with four other women, haven’t had anything to eat since breakfast. Just want my partner and my bed ☹

• Heart
  • Sad
Hi everyone so just thought I’d pop a message in in case anyone else was in doubt (like I was). I’m 38 weeks, and today baby’s movement have been different/reduced. Not stopped completely but a drastic change from the norm. I ummed and ahhed all day about what to do and finally when husband got home decided to call and the midwives were very encouraging for me to go in, made the decision for me. I went in and even though baby was clearly absolutely fine straight away they were so nice, said I’d totally done the right thing and if I was at all worried again to call back. So if anyone was in two minds about what to do, always trust your gut!

• Heart

Dianne

Chatty Member
I don’t want anyone visiting me in hospital other than my husband and maybe my mum! I don’t know why people need to see a new born baby INSTANTLY

Reactions: 13