Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Growth scan was all good. Looking like 65th percentile so nothing to worry about and it was happily wiggling about again during the scan! I must say though, the late scans are really weird to look at xD

Reactions: 8
Has anyone else had carpal tunnel? I'm not sure if it's that, but I'm noticing I'm getting pain in my hands/fingers and my hands keep going numb (more so at night, it's really weird 😬 ) I will mention it to the midwife when I next see her, just wondering if anyone else had it or had any suggestions of what helps. I'm trying to keep them warm and read online wrist splints at night can help... not sure if that will just contribute to the already bad nights sleep I'm getting!

I did with my first pregnancy as I was working full time at a computer with a mouse. The splint at night helped but I also got a mouse mat with a wrist rest.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone else had carpal tunnel? I'm not sure if it's that, but I'm noticing I'm getting pain in my hands/fingers and my hands keep going numb (more so at night, it's really weird 😬 ) I will mention it to the midwife when I next see her, just wondering if anyone else had it or had any suggestions of what helps. I'm trying to keep them warm and read online wrist splints at night can help... not sure if that will just contribute to the already bad nights sleep I'm getting!
I had the numbness/tingling at night - waking up with completely numb hands was really weird - but I'd also had it for a few months before I got pregnant so I'm not 100% sure if it was pregnancy related. It got a lot better towards the end for me. However it has now been replaced with different pain in my thumbs/wrists which might be down to lots of middle of the night scrolling in my last couple of weeks when I hardly slept. I got a wrist support from Boots which helps although I can't find it since getting back from hospital 🤦‍♀️ and one from Amazon with a metal thumb splint. Sorry not sure how helpful this is!

Ladies, can any of you give me some hope for Lactolose? I’ve been on fybogel for 4 days and nothing. I’m in so much pain and just need “an evacuation”! Please god, someone give me hope.

Ladies, can any of you give me some hope for Lactolose? I’ve been on fybogel for 4 days and nothing. I’m in so much pain and just need “an evacuation”! Please god, someone give me hope.
I was just prescribed Lactolose today by the GP and have taken 10ml which has worked already. Fingers crossed you get some relief soon, it's a horrible feeling x

I was prescribed lactulose after giving birth it took about 3 days to work initially (thank god cause I was in hospital for 2) then after that it would work within an hour or so. I was on 15ml a day
I’ve also given it to my baby when he’s constipated and it works within a couple of hours for him.

Are there any questions people have asked at the 28wk midwife appointment? Or wished they had?
I have a few but wondered if there were any general ones people asked?

I had it with my 3rd. I used to put a splint on but would unintentionally take it off at night time. It started in pregnancy and stopped a day after I had him
Also random, but with my last pregnancy, pjs of my eyes flickered through out. As soon as I had him it went completely
Pregnancy is wild

I was just prescribed Lactolose today by the GP and have taken 10ml which has worked already. Fingers crossed you get some relief soon, it's a horrible feeling x
I was prescribed lactulose after giving birth it took about 3 days to work initially (thank god cause I was in hospital for 2) then after that it would work within an hour or so. I was on 15ml a day
I’ve also given it to my baby when he’s constipated and it works within a couple of hours for him.
Thank you both! TMI alert… Can I ask a very personal question?! How painful was the first “evacuation”? I’m so sore down there!

Thank you both! TMI alert… Can I ask a very personal question?! How painful was the first “evacuation”? I’m so sore down there!
Make sure you keep having plenty of water with fybogel and lactulose or it can make things worse! Good luck, bit of practice for birthing the baby :LOL:

Reactions: 2
I've had this with both my previous pregnancies (weirdly not this one!). It does get worse at night, mostly because you're not moving your hands a lot and the circulation can be affected by weird positions etc. I ended up wearing wrist bands during the day and wristbands with metal pole support each night. With my first I eventually had steroid injections around 7 months pregnant as it was that bad. Apart from to the injections I don't think there is much they can do unfortunately, but the wrists support made a huge difference to my pain levels.

I’ll be honest I don’t remember really so it mustn’t have been as bad as people say! I had a third degree tear so I remember being terrified of the first wee as well and it was fine!
I’d recommend drinking loads of water as well it 100% helps with making it easier to pass

Thank you both! TMI alert… Can I ask a very personal question?! How painful was the first “evacuation”? I’m so sore down there!ot
It wasn't too bad thankfully, but by that stage I had around 2L of water drank. GP also told me to continue to drink lots of water over the next few days to make it easier. Pregnancy is a glamorous old game!

Early pregnancy bloating….
Can anyone relate? I’m six weeks and the past 2 days I’ve been so bloated (and a bit windy!) what’s going on?
The bloat is also causing pains, which is now scaring me that it could be ectopic related pains! So much anxiety right now!

Can anyone relate? I’m six weeks and the past 2 days I’ve been so bloated (and a bit windy!) what’s going on?
The bloat is also causing pains, which is now scaring me that it could be ectopic related pains! So much anxiety right now!
Yes I really struggled with bloating at around 5-6 weeks! Not really got any advice for you (sorry) but it is completely normal x
---

Please can someone give me an idea of what I can expect at my 26 week midwife appointment?

I had the same, it was so uncomfortable and the trapped wind was making me feel quite hot/unwell at times! It might be worth popping to a pharmacy for advice - one particularly painful lunchtime I rushed to Boots and got myself some Deflatine as the packet said it's safe in pregnancy, and sucking on one of those every time I felt poorly seemed to help 🙂

Yes I really struggled with bloating at around 5-6 weeks! Not really got any advice for you (sorry) but it is completely normal x
---

Please can someone give me an idea of what I can expect at my 26 week midwife appointment?
I got my MATB1 form at my 26 week appointment which was good. Just general checking in otherwise (wee sample and baby’s heartbeat listened to) and mental health checks (how’re you etc)

---

I think it can differ depending on your NHS trust, but at my 25 week appointment she tested my urine for infections, checked my blood pressure, listened to baby's heartbeat and then answered any questions I had 🙂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.