Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ladies, can any of you give me some hope for Lactolose? I’ve been on fybogel for 4 days and nothing. I’m in so much pain and just need “an evacuation”! Please god, someone give me hope.
Lactulose is amazing honestly. I bought some around 32 weeks after I was put on iron tablets after about 3 days things were almost 100% back to normal. I also got a huge bottle when I was discharged :D #value

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Reactions: 1
If you’re getting a splint for your carpal tunnel, make sure you bend the metal bar in it to fit your natural curves of your wrist ladies! Otherwise it’ll be really uncomfortable.

Carpal tunnel in pregnancy is normally caused by the extra fluid we gain. The carpal tunnel itself is really narrow so it doesn’t take much to irritate it - if you find yourself waking up with a numb thumb through to the *inside* half of your ring finger then it’s almost definitely that. Best thing for it is to reduce the swelling with a splint and avoid putting your wrist in positions that aggravate it if possible (extreme flexion down to your forearm, extreme pushing back so your palms are at a right angle).

Reactions: 3
I’ve had carpal tunnel for a while now too! Thought it was such a random symptom but can’t believe how common it is!

I really wish I could turn my emotions off, the hormones must be playing havoc. I’ve cried for two days about my job situation. I just feel tossed aside after ten years of service because I dared get pregnant. I’ve spent the last couple years moaning about the place and wondering if I actually enjoyed it but now I know I might not ever go back as it doesn't sound like they are willing to accommodate me dropping hours after having my child I feel so weird. Maybe it’s because I’ve not said a proper goodbye, I was signed off. Or because I’m not leaving on my terms but I can’t stop crying and obsessing over it and I wish I could bleeping stop 😂 I’m sure it’s not good for baby haha.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Are there any questions people have asked at the 28wk midwife appointment? Or wished they had?
I have a few but wondered if there were any general ones people asked?
Came here to ask the same - I don't really have any questions that I can't find out on my own 😅

I find my midwife appointments a bit useless tbh. She does my blood pressure and urine test at each appointment though. This week I had a question about citalopram, she usually just asks about my well-being and if I’m feeling baby move etc. im 31 weeks so I think as time goes on they will probably be more useful as I have more questions about birth etc.

Reactions: 5
I find my midwife appointments a bit useless tbh. She does my blood pressure and urine test at each appointment though. This week I had a question about citalopram, she usually just asks about my well-being and if I’m feeling baby move etc. im 31 weeks so I think as time goes on they will probably be more useful as I have more questions about birth etc.
From my experience, that's all midwife appointments are.
They're not exactly useless though as if they weren't checked, you wouldn't know fo any utis, or possible preelamsia ect ect
That's pretty much all the appointments are though right to the end, unless you have questions yourself 😊

Reactions: 4
Yes sorry I’m glad they check those of course but it was more for the people above asking about specific questions to ask at appointments ☺ mine isn’t going to do the fundal measurement either anymore as I’m having regular scans so she said there was no need which I’m quite glad about. I think that started around the 28 week apt!

Has anyone on here suffered pregnancy eczema just on 1 areola?
It’s been 4 months now and some days I just cry with the pain & thought of it affecting my chance at breastfeeding.
I have yet another doctors appointment tomorrow and going to push for swabs / biopsy now as I’m now worried it’s something more as none of the creams are working.
I’ve tried absolutely everything, it’ll crust over & some *parts will heal then a day or 2 later it’s all red raw again 😭

• Sad
Last day at work done. I think I’ve got Stockholm syndrome as I’ve come home, flumped in the bed and I’m trying not to cry at the idea of not going back until next year 😭 I moan about my job to anyone that listens ffs!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Last day at work done. I think I’ve got Stockholm syndrome as I’ve come home, flumped in the bed and I’m trying not to cry at the idea of not going back until next year 😭 I moan about my job to anyone that listens ffs!
it’s so weird isn’t it!? All I ever do is moan, spent the last two days crying but tbh I’ve woke up today, had nice lunch plans and then got some housework done and I’m like nah, this is great I’m gonna enjoy it 😂. Once our babies come to work will be the last thing on our minds

• Heart
Reactions: 2
This maybe a silly question! Can you use the bassinet part of pushchair for daytime naps?

This maybe a silly question! Can you use the bassinet part of pushchair for daytime naps?
Yeah, as long as its flat and clear, no different to them falling asleep while you're out walking. Mine hated the bassinet so it got used maybe twice 😭 she had plenty of carrier naps tho.

Reactions: 3
We've been told that our Cosatto bassinet is suitable for "occasional over night sleeping" which apparently translates to "max 3 nights". I don't know if the baby combusts after 3 nights or what.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
We've been told that our Cosatto bassinet is suitable for "occasional over night sleeping" which apparently translates to "max 3 nights". I don't know if the baby combusts after 3 nights or what.
Iv just seen The nuna mixx is also sutiable for “occasional over night sleeping”
So sounds like from that and what the others have replied it should be ok for supervised day time naps!

Yes, my nephew used to nap in his pram all the time. Also some are suitable for overnight sleep and some aren't, mine (Bugaboo Fox 3) says it's not but my SIL's pram was. The assistant when we were looking at it said it was something to do with ventilation. We will probably use it for somewhere cosy to put him when we are downstairs during the day, we have a Purflo nest thing but he doesn't like it.

Has anyone on here suffered pregnancy eczema just on 1 areola?
It’s been 4 months now and some days I just cry with the pain & thought of it affecting my chance at breastfeeding.
I have yet another doctors appointment tomorrow and going to push for swabs / biopsy now as I’m now worried it’s something more as none of the creams are working.
I’ve tried absolutely everything, it’ll crust over & some *parts will heal then a day or 2 later it’s all red raw again 😭
So while I’ve never experienced this, I wonder if using silver cups might help? They’re meant to help heal sore nipples caused by breastfeeding problems and I wonder if they might help yours as it could stop your clothes irritating the eczema.
Apologies if this is an unwanted suggestion.

Reactions: 2
So while I’ve never experienced this, I wonder if using silver cups might help? They’re meant to help heal sore nipples caused by breastfeeding problems and I wonder if they might help yours as it could stop your clothes irritating the eczema.
Apologies if this is an unwanted suggestion.
Ohh I hadn’t thought of those! That’s a good shout, thank you 🙏
This is the problem, when I do wear clothes the clothes get stuck to it then the skin pulls. I’ve tried gauzes / breast pads / tissue etc but all the same.
Will get some of those as even if they don’t work I’m sure they’ll feel better on them than clothing, and help to keep the area cool

Does anyone have any experience with either the Nuna leaf or maxi cosi cassia?
Love the fact that the Nuna is suitable upto 60kgs but it seems pricey when you consider that it isn’t motorised like the maxi cosi is.

Does anyone have any experience with either the Nuna leaf or maxi cosi cassia?
Love the fact that the Nuna is suitable upto 60kgs but it seems pricey when you consider that it isn’t motorised like the maxi cosi is.
I had a nuna leaf 🙃 what did you want to know?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.