Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ohh I hadn’t thought of those! That’s a good shout, thank you 🙏
This is the problem, when I do wear clothes the clothes get stuck to it then the skin pulls. I’ve tried gauzes / breast pads / tissue etc but all the same.
Will get some of those as even if they don’t work I’m sure they’ll feel better on them than clothing, and help to keep the area cool
Bless you that sounds painful, I hope the cups help!

Reactions: 1
Does anyone have any experience with either the Nuna leaf or maxi cosi cassia?
Love the fact that the Nuna is suitable upto 60kgs but it seems pricey when you consider that it isn’t motorised like the maxi cosi is.
I brought the nuna leaf second hand barely used for about £30 on market place. Hoping to find the wind attachment second hand too!

Has anyone on here suffered pregnancy eczema just on 1 areola?
It’s been 4 months now and some days I just cry with the pain & thought of it affecting my chance at breastfeeding.
I have yet another doctors appointment tomorrow and going to push for swabs / biopsy now as I’m now worried it’s something more as none of the creams are working.
I’ve tried absolutely everything, it’ll crust over & some *parts will heal then a day or 2 later it’s all red raw again 😭
Not the same but when I had cracked nipples the Jelonet stuff was a miracle. It's a gauze meant for burns so it's treated with something and it doesn't stick. You can get them in pharmacies or on Amazon.

Yes, my nephew used to nap in his pram all the time. Also some are suitable for overnight sleep and some aren't, mine (Bugaboo Fox 3) says it's not but my SIL's pram was. The assistant when we were looking at it said it was something to do with ventilation. We will probably use it for somewhere cosy to put him when we are downstairs during the day, we have a Purflo nest thing but he doesn't like it.
yeah, I’m getting the uppababy vista and it’s suitable for occasional overnight sleeping, the bottom of it has a flap that velcroes open and closed so if baby is sleeping you can open it and it allows for ventilation.

Bless you that sounds painful, I hope the cups help!
Thank you 🙏 🤞🏼

Not the same but when I had cracked nipples the Jelonet stuff was a miracle. It's a gauze meant for burns so it's treated with something and it doesn't stick. You can get them in pharmacies or on Amazon.
Oh I will order some of these thank you! I’ve been trying to find these in shops with no luck so an Amazon order it is!

Is it normal for baby movements to change? I’m 27 weeks and baby normally kicks the living daylights out of me on a night and then when I wake up on a morning. There wasn’t much last night, and not loads this morning either just more like gentle tapping. Still moving, but not as much as usual.

Is it normal for baby movements to change? I’m 27 weeks and baby normally kicks the living daylights out of me on a night and then when I wake up on a morning. There wasn’t much last night, and not loads this morning either just more like gentle tapping. Still moving, but not as much as usual.
In my experience, not normal no, call your maternity unit and go and get checked

Reactions: 2
Call your triage straight away if there’s any sort of change. Always get it checked!

Reactions: 3
In my experience, no.
Always get checked.
You're told constantly if movements change/decrease/anything then to go get checked.
If your hospital is anything like mine, there are signs everywhere telling you to call and get checked.

Reactions: 2
Bloody hell the anti-d stings like hell doesn’t it 😂
I didn't find the first that bad but the midwife was great & spoke to me nonstop throughout which I think took my mind off it 😂 Have another tomorrow and hoping this midwife is just as chatty!

Does anyone know much about statutory maternity pay…. I’m waiting on my workplace to let me know if they are sorting out my statutory pay… my manager sent forms away january 4th. From what I can see they have 28 days to respond. I emailed start of week and they said they were working on it.
I work part time & variable hours but I think I earnt over the £123 a week to get statutory off my workplace… I just would like a answer as I assume if it’s a no I have to apply for maternity pay from
Goverment which says it can take 20 days to apply. My last working day should be 5th match… just getting abit impatient.
Am I being unreasonable to email again maybe start of next week and ask for a response!
I hate not knowing what’s going on!

Does anyone know much about statutory maternity pay…. I’m waiting on my workplace to let me know if they are sorting out my statutory pay… my manager sent forms away january 4th. From what I can see they have 28 days to respond. I emailed start of week and they said they were working on it.
I work part time & variable hours but I think I earnt over the £123 a week to get statutory off my workplace… I just would like a answer as I assume if it’s a no I have to apply for maternity pay from
Goverment which says it can take 20 days to apply. My last working day should be 5th match… just getting abit impatient.
Am I being unreasonable to email again maybe start of next week and ask for a response!
Definitely not being unreasonable, I find companies take the piss when it comes to money.
I’d email and remind them of the 28 days to respond (they’ve already gone over it), and you need to know what you’ll be getting.

Definitely not unreasonable, you need to know what you're entitled to and some places just take the absolute piss in getting back to you about these kind of things. I always think if you owed them 50p from your wages they'd have you hounded so never be scared to keep at them x

22 weeks tomorrow and already feeling fed up of being pregnant! I'm full of a cold, proper blocked nose and can't take anything decent. My hips are aching really badly and then the rest of my body and shoulders has been aching too and I've got heartburn as well. Wish I was one of these women who just breezes through pregnancy and loves every minute but nope! I had PGP in my last pregnancy so hoping I don't get that again but it's looking likely. Only 17 more weeks to go 😫 just needed a rant!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Is pelvic pressure likely to be PGP or just a normal later 3rd trimester thing? It kinda feels like my pelvis as the front and back is shifting 😭 34 weeks on Saturday!

No you’re not being unreasonable, if it’s only statutory you're entitled then I’m almost positive it doesn’t come from them anyway it comes from the government. It’s if they top it up with additional maternity pay that it would come from them.
I’m in a really similar position and my workplace were being very slow about it too, so I worked it out for myself and basically told them I was entitled and enclosed my average earnings, and asked them to proceed with the application as I was unsure what the hold up was.
If you want to work it out yourself, it’s the average amount you earned in the 8 weeks prior to your qualifying week. Qualifying week is 15 weeks before expected due date, so to work it out you:
Find the Sunday before your due date, count 15 back from then. Then count 8 back from that date and that’s your window (so effectively weeks 16/17-24/25 is your qualifying window)
---

By the way thank you to everyone who recommended to call triage this morning when I had different movements. They gave me all the usual advice (that’s i’d already been doing) like cold water, lay on your side, drink something sugary etc and literally as I was on the phone he started a tap dancing party and has been going pretty much every hour since 😂 I do yoga on a Wednesday evening so I’m wondering if there’s any link with him being more chilled afterwards? Although probably not 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
No you’re not being unreasonable, if it’s only statutory you're entitled then I’m almost positive it doesn’t come from them anyway it comes from the government. It’s if they top it up with additional maternity pay that it would come from them.
I’m in a really similar position and my workplace were being very slow about it too, so I worked it out for myself and basically told them I was entitled and enclosed my average earnings, and asked them to proceed with the application as I was unsure what the hold up was.
If you want to work it out yourself, it’s the average amount you earned in the 8 weeks prior to your qualifying week. Qualifying week is 15 weeks before expected due date, so to work it out you:
Find the Sunday before your due date, count 15 back from then. Then count 8 back from that date and that’s your window (so effectively weeks 16/17-24/25 is your qualifying window)
---

By the way thank you to everyone who recommended to call triage this morning when I had different movements. They gave me all the usual advice (that’s i’d already been doing) like cold water, lay on your side, drink something sugary etc and literally as I was on the phone he started a tap dancing party and has been going pretty much every hour since 😂 I do yoga on a Wednesday evening so I’m wondering if there’s any link with him being more chilled afterwards? Although probably not 😂
In my experience...

Exercise/walking ect sends them to sleep.
I'd still make sure you contact someone if it happens again though

---

By average amount do you mean what was earned weekly during that period? I’m curious to work it out myself! I’ve been doing a lot of overtime so I think that may affect how much I am entitled to?

By average amount do you mean what was earned weekly during that period? I’m curious to work it out myself! I’ve been doing a lot of overtime so I think that may affect how much I am entitled to?
Yep!

It's quite common for nurses for example to work out when this window is and pick up as many extra or night shifts as they can to boost their pay ;)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.