Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone 👋🏻
New to this thread. Im currently 32 weeks pregnant with my 2nd and im absolutely terrified of going into labour naturally 🙈
I went 12 days overdue with my daughter and was induced. I think with your first you don't know what to expect so you don't overthink as much. But second time round im thinking all kinds like what if my waters go in the middle of the night or in public 🙈 I would rather go over and know I have to go the hospital on a certain date. That being said has anyone been induced both times or is natural labour more likely with your second?

Reactions: 1
Feeling a bit teary after my growth scan. He’s measuring in the 94th centile. They said not to worry it was too early to be concerned (28 weeks) but feel guilty.
My boy is currently measuring big too. For context, my BMI put me ‘just’ into normal, marginally underweight pre-pregnancy and I’ve had HG so been sick constantly, but he’s still managed to grow! I don’t think there’s much you can do to control it.

• Heart
Going to hit my due date this week and am due to have a sweep with the midwife. Haven’t had one before, has anyone else? Just wondering what to expect in terms of pain etc and whether it worked?

I am so fed up of being pregnant, it’s beginning to get me down as i just want the baby to be here and am fed up of feeling uncomfortable and huge 😩
In my experience, I've had 9 over 3 pregnancies.
Only 1 has ever hurt. And that was because she tried to get 2 hands in 🤣
They feel different for every person, and with each different midwife that does it too.

None have ever worked for me though.

They say they only "work" if you were already going to go into labour in the next couple of days

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Sweeps are uncomfortable but they shouldn’t be particularly painful. The first one I had they gave me gas and air which tit the life out of me expecting pure torture :LOL: but it was fine. They’re similar to cervical screening and will only work if you’re already ‘stretchy’ and ready to dilate.

Reactions: 2
Going to hit my due date this week and am due to have a sweep with the midwife. Haven’t had one before, has anyone else? Just wondering what to expect in terms of pain etc and whether it worked?

I am so fed up of being pregnant, it’s beginning to get me down as i just want the baby to be here and am fed up of feeling uncomfortable and huge 😩
In my experience, also be prepared for them to not be able to do it. Your cervix has to be slightly open and not too far back.
I know a lot of people go in expecting one and come out disappointed they couldn't have one

My midwife made a comment after she was done ‘I thought I’d only get one finger to your cervix and I got two!’ Didn’t know if it was a good thing or not but it felt like her entire arm was in there 😂
It didn’t hurt it’s just uncomfortable like a smear almost, I lost my mucus plug the day after but my sweep was on the Thursday I went into labour early hours Tuesday so I couldn’t say if it’s that that started my labour or the long walk I had on the weekend

Be prepared for it not to work. I wouldn’t say they hurt. Uncomfortable. I had sweeps with 1,2&4 and none of those worked, and ended up being induced with all of them

For you ladies who are suffering with suspected UTI's, if you're getting pain regularly please go get checked.
I was 32 weeks and was having mild pains every hour for 4 days. My useless midwife brushed it off as a UTI, however it was not. I was in early premature labour, she missed it, it was my first and only baby so I trusted her advice. After 4 days pains ramped up to every 3 minutes and I was blue lighted to hospital.
Divvy woman saw me outside the maternity unit next morning after he was born, I'd gone out for some fresh air, 'Oh hello, what you doing here?'. Me: 'There's a 4lb premature baby upstairs in an incubator, water infection you say?'
Useless.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Thanks for all the advice re: sweeps. Knowing my luck they won’t be able to do it and I’ll have to end up being induced!!

• Heart
I just want this day to be over. After stressing about the scan I’ve had a crappy call from my work saying basically they don’t think they will have a job for me at my current setting after maternity (I want to drop down to part time and they’re saying that doesn’t suit them) so I’ll be getting moved to another office. Obviously glad I still have a job but sad as I’ve worked at current place over a decade and have friends there. They have been accommodating up until now and said they would never do that to me, but since my GP signed me off they’ve totally changed their attitude towards me. Too many emotions and hormones for one day. I never normally cry and I feel like all I do is cry these days 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
When did everyone start to struggle with sleep? I’m 24 weeks now and find I can sleep okay for the first few hours then I’m waking up a lot mainly to turn over but my belly feels heavy now so feel like a doze (if I can) after that rather than sleep ha the back ache doesn’t help either

When did everyone start to struggle with sleep? I’m 24 weeks now and find I can sleep okay for the first few hours then I’m waking up a lot mainly to turn over but my belly feels heavy now so feel like a doze (if I can) after that rather than sleep ha the back ache doesn’t help either
I am exactly like this also! 25 weeks and my belly already feels like a bowling ball when I am trying to turn and get comfortable 😂

Started around then…. Hip and leg cramps have started for me around 28 weeks and it’s now making it harder to sleep! 4/5 trips to loo a night doesn’t help much either!

Yeah 22 weeks now and notice over the past few nights it's getting harder, bump is def getting bigger now for turning round in bed but once I wake to do the obligatory pee that's it for me as regards sleep!

28 weeks now and feel the last week it’s got worse, he always decides it’s party time when I’m close to falling asleep 😆 Goes absolutely mental kicking away.
I tend to turn a few times a night, although I have noticed my right hip/lower back starting to really hurt after sleeping, so I’ve started to make my pregnancy pillow into a bit of a nest to take some of the weight off 😅

• Heart
28 weeks and it’s also party time in there are bed time apparently. Can be anything from 2-5 times in the night and my hips etc get sore I think from all the extra weight. The joys! At least we’re not alone 🙏

I'm 21 weeks, 22 on Friday, and the same if it makes you feel better! Just feel big and awkward and uncomfortable 😂

*edited cause I can't remember how pregnant I am apparently!

Last edited:
That's what I love about this thread, there's always someone who has experienced the same or similar to you so you never feel like you're alone with your symptoms or how you're feeling ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thanks for all the replies makes me feel slightly better when I’m tossing and turning that it’s not just me 😂 hoping we all get so tired we get a good nights sleep soon 🤞

• Heart
I started to get like this at 22 weeks. I’ve got a pregnancy pillow which I sleep with between my legs which helps but it’s such a pain trying to turn over 😣 just feels like a solid lump attached to my body now 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.