Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone really struggling with wanting to get stuff done but not being able to?

I desperately want the nursery somewhat complete (I’m almost 22 weeks so know there isn’t a rush, but trying to work around busy times at work etc) but we’ve got so much to sort out in the room as it’s currently just a dumping ground.

Lots of the sorting needs a tip run, and I can’t move the big items of furniture myself, even pre-pregnancy (we’re talking big wardrobes, bookcases etc) but then I feel bad nagging at my partner to do it because he doesn’t have the same sense of urgency. But then if I asked my dad to help, my OH would worry that my parents thought he wasn’t doing enough. But then if my OH’s parents help, mine feel pushed out.

I feel like I’m trying to please everyone and would normally be fiercely independent and find some way to do it but I feel useless and a nag.
I feel a lot like this!

Already feel like I am “nesting” and I am only 25 weeks tomorrow! I find it hard to believe it’s going to get worse 😂

Reactions: 1
Is anyone really struggling with wanting to get stuff done but not being able to?

I desperately want the nursery somewhat complete (I’m almost 22 weeks so know there isn’t a rush, but trying to work around busy times at work etc) but we’ve got so much to sort out in the room as it’s currently just a dumping ground.

Lots of the sorting needs a tip run, and I can’t move the big items of furniture myself, even pre-pregnancy (we’re talking big wardrobes, bookcases etc) but then I feel bad nagging at my partner to do it because he doesn’t have the same sense of urgency. But then if I asked my dad to help, my OH would worry that my parents thought he wasn’t doing enough. But then if my OH’s parents help, mine feel pushed out.

I feel like I’m trying to please everyone and would normally be fiercely independent and find some way to do it but I feel useless and a nag.
Yea! What will be the nursery is full of my father in laws stuff that he is storing until he gets a new house and it’s really stressing me out. I know baby wouldn’t sleep in it to begin with anyway but I just want it done before he arrives cause I’m sure we won’t be up for building cot beds etc when we’re sleep deprived to hell.

Omg yes 🤣 I could have literally wrote this. I’m in the process of getting a new car too and it’s been a massive ass ache because I lost my V5, then the nursery was also our dumping ground/ my office so that’s upside down. We did manage to do a tip run last week which helped! My husband has until Thursday to finish painting as that’s when the ikea order with the wardrobes is coming 😅 I feel the same I’ve been saying to him I just want to nest but I can’t because I don’t have anywhere to put the baby’s things, I’m 31 weeks Sunday so have less time than you but time has just flown so completely understand where you’re coming from! Hopefully you can start making some slow progress over the coming weeks and it will start coming together 🤞🏽

Reactions: 3
Have any first time Mum’s (past or present) felt really really terrified towards late pregnancy? I’m in my third trimester now and I’m so petrified. Scared of birth, scared of having a little human to take care of! I don’t have any immediate friends or family with babies either so I just have absolutely no clue what I’m doing or how I’m going to cope.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Have any first time Mum’s (past or present) felt really really terrified towards late pregnancy? I’m in my third trimester now and I’m so petrified. Scared of birth, scared of having a little human to take care of! I don’t have any immediate friends or family with babies either so I just have absolutely no clue what I’m doing or how I’m going to cope.
Yep😊
Felt overwhelmed and terrified with both pregnancies!
It's completely normal, and honestly as annoying as it is hearing it, you all of a sudden just seem to know and pick things up along the way

• Heart
Yep😊
Felt overwhelmed and terrified with both pregnancies!
It's completely normal, and honestly as annoying as it is hearing it, you all of a sudden just seem to know and pick things up along the way
I’m glad to hear it honestly because I’m so lost!

I got to 38 weeks and all of a sudden felt like this, I was induced and labour wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, the pain didn't ramp up as much as I thought it would as I felt in a lot of pain at 4cm and thought how will I get to 10cm but it didn't ramp up as much as I expected. Baby is now eleven days old, I still feel clueless and baby blues has hit but every day I get a bit better at knowing what to do so will get there

• Heart
Reactions: 8
it’s normal to feel like that but birth sounds worse than it actually is don’t worry! The minute you hold your little bundle of joy it’s all forgotten☺

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yess I cried myself to sleep the other night but more about the actual physical act of birth/epidurals freak me out/the thought of being in hospital for days if I have a section. I’m sure it’s normal, you’re not alone ❤.

• Heart
Is a small suitcase ott to use as a hospital bag? Like it’s smaller then a typical cabin suitcase.

Is a small suitcase ott to use as a hospital bag? Like it’s smaller then a typical cabin suitcase.
I think that sounds sensible (y) They don't take up too much space and it's easy enough to find stuff in a suitcase when you need it x

---

Just thought - random hospital bag tip :LOL: I got some really big zip up freezer bags and used them to roll up things small so I had little packing cubes for stuff.. e.g. a change of clothes for me for straight after the birth once I'd had a shower, a little pod of newborn clothes and one of upto 10lbs because I wasn't sure how big they'd be etc. Meant that when I was ordering my husband about to get me stuff out of the bag he could just grab the correct packing cube instead of rummaging through and lobbing it all about on the floor!

Reactions: 6
Plus if you end up with a c section, you can roll a suitcase rather than lifting it! (Though hopefully your birth partner would take it for you anyway haha).

Reactions: 2
Still here 🙃
Labour and delivery has been busy with emergencies today so not had the hormone drip at 4 like they said. They’re handing over to the night shift staff so hopefully find out what’s happening soon.

to anyone that hasn’t fully/or is the process of packing your hospital bags: ear plugs 😂
also bring something to do that isn’t just your phone, I didn’t think I’d need anything at all (didn’t expect to be here this long before baby!) but I’ve been so bored 🙃 and I did bring my phone charger but they said I couldn’t plug it in here, could only use their pat tested ones which you could borrow for a £10 deposit !

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Still here 🙃
Labour and delivery has been busy with emergencies today so not had the hormone drip at 4 like they said. They’re handing over to the night shift staff so hopefully find out what’s happening soon.

to anyone that hasn’t fully/or is the process of packing your hospital bags: ear plugs 😂
also bring something to do that isn’t just your phone, I didn’t think I’d need anything at all (didn’t expect to be here this long before baby!) but I’ve been so bored 🙃 and I did bring my phone charger but they said I couldn’t plug it in here, could only use their pat tested ones which you could borrow for a £10 deposit !
Quick FYI and in my experience, they don’t allow you to eat on the hormone drip, so eat! I was not told this (with baby 3) until they gave me the drip and I had ordered lunch 😂

Quick FYI and in my experience, they don’t allow you to eat on the hormone drip, so eat! I was not told this (with baby 3) until they gave me the drip and I had ordered lunch 😂
Yeah in my experience also I was NBM the second I was put on the hormone drip, so I'd have some food if you can manage to, right up until they hook you up!

All of this is making me think I need everything for my hospital bag!! 😂

I’ve even been watching the good old “pack my hospital bag with me” YouTube videos!

I ate an Easter Egg whilst they broke my waters cos they warned me that after 2hrs I’d have to go on the drip if I didn’t start contracting myself and I’d be NBM. My mum was absolutely horrified in the first place that I was eating it at 7am, even more so when I told her to put it back when she tried to move it away. I wasn’t wasting a second 🫣😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I ate an Easter Egg whilst they broke my waters cos they warned me that after 2hrs I’d have to go on the drip if I didn’t start contracting myself and I’d be NBM. My mum was absolutely horrified in the first place that I was eating it at 7am, even more so when I told her to put it back when she tried to move it away. I wasn’t wasting a second 🫣😂
Amazing, I love it! I had to be nil by mouth from midnight for an operation once and was so worried about being hungry that the nurses brought me a huge supply of biscuits that I ate right up until 11.59pm 🤣 I'll definitely pack a lot of biscuits in my hospital bag ready for potential nil by mouth in labour!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.