Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At labour and delivery now but my husbands on his way back from feeding our cats, they won’t start the drip til he gets back so said if I wanted to eat something do it now, at least I’ve got some warning from them too!

pack all the snacks! Learned you can never have too much in your bags 😂 leave a bag or 2 in the car if you feel like you’re bringing too much in the hospital. The cafes and shops are a rip off and I regret not thinking more about what snacks I wanted to bring, everything we packed was in case my partner got hungry, not quite to my tastes

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Is a small suitcase ott to use as a hospital bag? Like it’s smaller then a typical cabin suitcase.
Nope! We had a massive duffle bag plus several bags for life (thanks to frantically packing at 1am then doing lots of top up visits home - I ended up being in hospital for 10 days). I also saw people with varying size of suitcase.

Reactions: 2
I got to 38 weeks and all of a sudden felt like this, I was induced and labour wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, the pain didn't ramp up as much as I thought it would as I felt in a lot of pain at 4cm and thought how will I get to 10cm but it didn't ramp up as much as I expected. Baby is now eleven days old, I still feel clueless and baby blues has hit but every day I get a bit better at knowing what to do so will get there
i agree with this! It was about 38 weeks for me too. I think you’ll find my comment a few weeks back saying the same thing about being so scared. I’m now 3 weeks PP with my little one here. Labour was quick for me and baby blues kicked in between day 2-4 but honestly I’ve had more trouble with PP haemorrhoids more than anything which have been horrendous! Worse than the damn labour 😒

• Heart
Reactions: 3
i agree with this! It was about 38 weeks for me too. I think you’ll find my comment a few weeks back saying the same thing about being so scared. I’m now 3 weeks PP with my little one here. Labour was quick for me and baby blues kicked in between day 2-4 but honestly I’ve had more trouble with PP haemorrhoids more than anything which have been horrendous! Worse than the damn labour 😒
Hey - how are you doing now? Are you still feeling low? You know it’s totally normal to feel that way but it’s also something to speak to your health team about because it can also be really well managed x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Speaking of hospital bags…. What snacks are people going with?
I took loads! Snack a jacks, cereal bars, fizzy sweets, crisps, the skinny whip bars, Belvita biscuits and Jammie Dodgers. Just didn’t know what I would fancy 😁 I also took some dried fruit in an effort to be healthy which was left untouched.
Drinks Lucozade sports and the small squash drops.
In my experience 😊

I couldn't bring myself to eat anything when I was in labour! :LOL: I've never inhaled toast so quick in my life as I did afterwards though haha

Reactions: 3
Is a small suitcase ott to use as a hospital bag? Like it’s smaller then a typical cabin suitcase.
I’m planning to use a cabin suitcase. Partly for the added convenience of being able to wheel it rather than having to lift/carry a heavy bag.

Just wondering if anyone else is struggling with family members shoving their ideals about raising a child on to you?
I've got my brother in law telling me to make sure that his parents get to babysit and have baby overnight (he has kids but they never stay at their grandparents), my in laws nagging about getting the nursery finished & telling me I need to make sure I breastfeed & I need to avoid a c-section & folk saying I need to be ready for the guests straight after I'm out of hospital coz they'll be coming round.

I'm 28 weeks & already wondering if I can disappear after I give birth to somewhere remote 🤦‍♀️.

Starting to feel like when you get pregnant your opinions, feelings & choices are irrelevant.

Sorry for the rant, just do not know where else to turn without causing drama.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Just wondering if anyone else is struggling with family members shoving their ideals about raising a child on to you?
I've got my brother in law telling me to make sure that his parents get to babysit and have baby overnight (he has kids but they never stay at their grandparents), my in laws nagging about getting the nursery finished & telling me I need to make sure I breastfeed & I need to avoid a c-section & folk saying I need to be ready for the guests straight after I'm out of hospital coz they'll be coming round.

I'm 28 weeks & already wondering if I can disappear after I give birth to somewhere remote 🤦‍♀️.

Starting to feel like when you get pregnant your opinions, feelings & choices are irrelevant.

Set your boundaries now. As somebody who didn’t and was continually disrespected in the immediate postpartum period, make it clear what you want and stick to it x

• Heart
Reactions: 11

I had my baby 10 days ago and had alllll this before I gave birth…in the end, I was 4 weeks early, was an emergency c-section and breastfeeding is proving tricky due to various things I won’t bore you with. When they’re here, you’ll feel SO protective that you’ll do things your way cos they’re your baby and you know best. For now, I would try and smile and give a non-comital “we’ll just need to see how things go.” Then when baby is here, it’s easier to say “we’re figuring out what works best for us/we’re taking things one day at a time/that’s great that worked for you, we’re still getting to know each other.” Good Luck 💗💗💗💗💗💗

Reactions: 9

Yes! From MIL already telling me to ignore advice about feeding every 2-3 hours and leaving him for four to “establish routine” to people telling me not to bother with this or that. I didn’t ask for your advice and I’ll do what is best for my son thanks 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yes! From MIL already telling me to ignore advice about feeding every 2-3 hours and leaving him for four to “establish routine” to people telling me not to bother with this or that. I didn’t ask for your advice and I’ll do what is best for my son thanks 😕
From my experience,
My mil did exactly this. And my partner insisted she was right 😑

From my experience,
My mil did exactly this. And my partner insisted she was right 😑
My partner and his mum had a very stunted relationship until recently, she’s never shown him much affection etc so luckily he’s not up for listening to her parenting advice 🤣

Hi ladies,
Please could anyone share some advice regarding early pregnancy?
I’m around 6 weeks (I had a miscarriage at this point last October) and I constantly feel “wet” (sorry TMI!!) down below. I’ve read that it’s normal to have an increase in discharge in early weeks but I find myself going to the toilet all the time to check it’s not the sign of another miscarriage!
Any advice greatfully received!

Hi ladies,
Please could anyone share some advice regarding early pregnancy?
I’m around 6 weeks (I had a miscarriage at this point last October) and I constantly feel “wet” (sorry TMI!!) down below. I’ve read that it’s normal to have an increase in discharge in early weeks but I find myself going to the toilet all the time to check it’s not the sign of another miscarriage!
Any advice greatfully received!
In my experience, as you say, it is completely normal.
I don't really have advice though really because I did exactly the same, throughout the whole of pregnancy.
But you're not alone

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.