Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had lots of checks and confirmed it was my waters (was no chance it was anything else 🙃)
Do they ever stop leaking? 😭
I’ve soaked through so many large maternity pads and several underwear changes
Im so tired of it constantly leaking 😭

Because I’m 36+5 they’re keeping me in, the monitor showed contractions but I honestly haven’t felt too much, just some tightenings and tiny bit of pain.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Had lots of checks and confirmed it was my waters (was no chance it was anything else 🙃)

Because I’m 36+5 they’re keeping me in, the monitor showed contractions but I honestly haven’t felt too much, just some tightenings and tiny bit of pain.
From my experience.. Eventually it kind of... Pops.
And then it mostly stops. Until that point
. It's very annoying 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Any further forward?

lucky if I’ve had four hours sleep tonight, but the last week or so once I wake up bursting on a pee my body refuses to go back to sleep 🙃

Reactions: 2
Midwife called this morning and said the hospital didn’t want to do a growth scan in the end as it’s not been long since my last (10 days)
But baby boy has other plans for us to still get seen anyway I guess as my waters have either broken or are leaking - well they haven’t stopped leaking but I have no other labour signs 🙃
As I’m only 36+5 we’ve been told to go to hospital to be seen now 😳
This happened to me with my first just slightly earlier than you. My contractions had started, but they put me on a drip to speed up the labour and he was born very quickly. They broke my waters (hind waters maybe because they'd already broken once!) while I was in labour. I hope it's going well - good luck!! x

• Heart
Got a growth scan on Tuesday as bump is now very much over the top line 👍🏻 feels like it’s expanding at a rate of knots daily!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Did not really get any sleep overnight. Too many snoring on the ward 😂 but when it quietened down I had so many pains and tightenings that it’s just been impossible to sleep without being woke up 😭

Sounds like the plan is to wait today to see what happens today and if things don’t speed up they’ll put me on a hormone drip later.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It’s world breastfeeding day today so if anyone was wanting to buy pumps it might be a good day to, I’ve seen lots of brands on Instagram offering % off etc ☺

Reactions: 3
Congratulations! How have you found the first trimester?
Thank you! Congratulations to you too.
I’ve been very nauseous but it’s not been too bad compared to my previous two, fingers crossed it stays that way! How are you feeling?

---

Does anyone know if you can buy baby aspirin without a prescription somewhere?
My midwife told me to buy some for my blood pressure but pharmacies have told me she should have prescribed it. I can’t get through to her so I’m a bit lost for answers.

I’ve been very nauseous but it’s not been too bad compared to my previous two, fingers crossed it stays that way! How are you feeling?

---

My midwife told me to buy some for my blood pressure but pharmacies have told me she should have prescribed it. I can’t get through to her so I’m a bit lost for answers.
I ran out and was going to just buy some but my midwife said no she should prescribe

Wish she’d told me that! Prescriptions take forever here. Is it safe to take ordinary aspirin for now do you know?
From my experience, its better to wait because you don't know what dose you need.
It should be prescribed to you as others have said

---

It seems to just depend on the pharmacy! Luckily my local one have just sold it to me no issue, as it barely costs anything and I couldn’t be bothered sorting the prescription each time.

---

I used to buy the 75mg tablets and take 2. They always said they could do me a prescription but I never bothered because they’re not that expensive. I used to get mine mainly from Boots or just the local coop used to have some. Pharmacies normally wouldn’t sell any due to the fact it’s only recommended in pregnancy in certain circumstances (all my experiences obviously)

Reactions: 4
Hi I was also advised to take 150mg of aspirin. I got mine from Superdrug and they’re 300mg but with that line down the middle so it’s easy to break it in half with your fingers. And just take one half a day X

Thank you to those who mentioned the love hearts - I bought some this morning and was munching them on the drive home from the supermarket and they really helped!
I’ve been through so much gaviscon this pregnancy! I did mention to midwife and she never suggested anything but if I’m still going next week (I’ll be overdue my next appointment) I’ll say again.

• Heart

---

Can buy packets of 75mg in boots. It’s beside all the other pain relief. In a yellow box.

Is anyone really struggling with wanting to get stuff done but not being able to?

I desperately want the nursery somewhat complete (I’m almost 22 weeks so know there isn’t a rush, but trying to work around busy times at work etc) but we’ve got so much to sort out in the room as it’s currently just a dumping ground.

Lots of the sorting needs a tip run, and I can’t move the big items of furniture myself, even pre-pregnancy (we’re talking big wardrobes, bookcases etc) but then I feel bad nagging at my partner to do it because he doesn’t have the same sense of urgency. But then if I asked my dad to help, my OH would worry that my parents thought he wasn’t doing enough. But then if my OH’s parents help, mine feel pushed out.

I feel like I’m trying to please everyone and would normally be fiercely independent and find some way to do it but I feel useless and a nag.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.