Pregnancy #44 The 3am Club

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You’re being poorly managed and unfairly treated. I don’t know how big your HR is but can you talk to someone above the person who copied her in? It sounds a bit like you’re being bullied tbh. A phone call or a face to face meeting maybe? Does your manager have a manager and do you get on with them?
Everyone’s posts about how horrible their employers are when they’re pregnant makes me really unhappy - I’ve been really lucky but I don’t think it’s about luck I think it’s about following the bloody legislation and treating you like a human being (who is growing another human being and all that entails). All you’re trying to do is have a safe pregnancy, that’s what antenatal appointments and risk assessments are for 🙄
I will see if I can find out who’s above the person In HR who copied her in. The email I sent was just confirming a question I had asked because my manager had been abit dismissive and unconcerned about it. But not sure if she’s taken me doing that personally, I just wanted to make sure I was getting the correct infomercials. Unfortunately my managers direct Boss they are really chummy and I just don’t trust things won’t get back to her.
She’s really changed since I said I was pregnant, even things like messaging me on my personal WhatsApp and 9:30/10pm at night with lists of jobs for the following day and if I don’t reply by the morning I have emails to my personal email address with messages like “are you still alive, are you ignoring me”. Its bizzare.
Tbh it’s really making me not want to go back, can already feel myself dreading returning and Iv not even left yet 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I will see if I can find out who’s above the person In HR who copied her in. The email I sent was just confirming a question I had asked because my manager had been abit dismissive and unconcerned about it. But not sure if she’s taken me doing that personally, I just wanted to make sure I was getting the correct infomercials. Unfortunately my managers direct Boss they are really chummy and I just don’t trust things won’t get back to her.
She’s really changed since I said I was pregnant, even things like messaging me on my personal WhatsApp and 9:30/10pm at night with lists of jobs for the following day and if I don’t reply by the morning I have emails to my personal email address with messages like “are you still alive, are you ignoring me”. Its bizzare.
Tbh it’s really making me not want to go back, can already feel myself dreading returning and Iv not even left yet 🤣
Your definitely not being treated fairly she clearly has an issue with Pregnancy but that shouldn’t change how she is with you in her role and I would definitely try and take it up with someone else if you can. Even if they are not who you should go to but it’s not fair how you are being treated the laws were put in place so that people weren’t discriminated or treated differently for being pregnant which is exactly the opposite to what she is doing with you

Reactions: 4
Does anyone ever feel weird after eating? Like tingly almost? I’ve got diabetes test tomorrow, but worried that’s what’s causing it.
I came here to say this! Just ate two pieces of toast and sat down again and my whole body feels numb/tingly 🤢

Reactions: 1
Does anyone ever feel weird after eating? Like tingly almost? I’ve got diabetes test tomorrow, but worried that’s what’s causing it.
Not just eating but if I’m sat like forward a bit on the toilet or at a table etc then I have a tingling feeling under my breasts/top of my uterus. Midwife wasn’t concerned as it’s not pain and I googled and it’s probably nerves being pinched from baby growing, not sure if it’s in the same place for you!

I’m updating the wiki… does anyone have any suggestions for what to include?

So far I have
- @calmyourritas hospital and baby bag list
- UK employment law re pregnancy link to government website
- car seat insurance (checking your small print)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Explain the situation to hr, not her direct boss. It’s blatant bullying and unfair treatment and advise them if it doesn’t stop that you will be going to take it further outside, eg employment rights tribunal. Contacting you outside work hours is not allowed either. She sounds like an utter c*$t.

Reactions: 9
Hi guys, I've just found this thread at 31+4 weeks... My question is.. I had a breast augmentation some years ago (insecurities after an ex bullied me about them for years). Has anyone here had the same - over the muscle and been able to breastfeed?

Did anyone have a bishop score of 0 and the induction still work?
As you're not over due, inductions can take a while.
Sometimes they do 3, sometimes 4 rounds of the 24 hour pessaries before going for down the csection route

I just wanted to add to the hospital bag suggestions, my Auntie Barb (god rest her soul she is dead) always SWORE by keeping wheetos in a sock and she got her husband to waft it infront of her face during labour. Apparently it kept her going during those tough contractions.

Sorry, bit weird, but she was just the best and her advice was always 👌

• Haha
Reactions: 6
A soft cheese dressing in a sandwich from M&S should be fine right? Google says it’s ok but obviously I’m doubting my reading/understanding ability after so little sleep 🤣

This is also not ok behaviour, as a line manager myself I would never contact my team at that time of the day with requests for work. If I desperately needed to ask them to complete something the next morning I would send it to their work email address stating I don’t expect them to be responding until they’re at work. You really need to raise this higher, they shouldn’t be doing things like that.

Also, especially if it’s to a personal phone number!!

Reactions: 6
A soft cheese dressing in a sandwich from M&S should be fine right? Google says it’s ok but obviously I’m doubting my reading/understanding ability after so little sleep 🤣
You'll be fine 😊 Its such a small quantity anyway!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.