Pregnancy #44 The 3am Club

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could a bilateral ear infection and feeling run down impact on my blood sugar's? Today's readings have been a mess but I'm completely exhausted been rushing about all day and my ears are killing and I'm so tired... Literally just sat down and cried.
Ear infections are the worst! Hope you feel better soon. I was doing some blood sugar readings while I had an awful cold and they were a bit all over the place although partially due to self medicating with chocolate as I couldn't have decongestants

Reactions: 1
Hands up if you've turned into an overly emotional mess this week 🙋🏻‍♀️ I've cried at the most ridiculous things to the extent where I'm even annoying myself, never mind anyone else that comes into contact with me !

Also on a different note- colostrum expressing is HAAARRRD work. Will keep perservering with it but I (naively) thought it would be slightly easier 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Does anyone have suggestions for healthy snacks and lunches for on the go?

Now I'm into second trimester I really want to make the effort to eat a bit healthier rather than eating what's convenient. Healthy eating is not my strong suit at the best of times so would love to know what works for other people.

Also stressing because my due date puts me ONE DAY shy of the length of service required for 4 months full pay whilst on mat leave. Literally if my due date was a day later it would work out!
I take a pottle of nuts to work or some nut butter to have with an apple or banana. Generally I try and eat eggs before work and then take a yoghurt/blueberrie/chia seed/flaxseed/oat mix thing to work for lunch as I can’t stand taking eggs into work 😂😂 it’s really filling too! Or some toast and avocado. I ate hardly any veggies in the first trimester so am trying my hardest now to eat more nutritious food!

• Heart
Does anyone have suggestions for healthy snacks and lunches for on the go?

Now I'm into second trimester I really want to make the effort to eat a bit healthier rather than eating what's convenient. Healthy eating is not my strong suit at the best of times so would love to know what works for other people.

Also stressing because my due date puts me ONE DAY shy of the length of service required for 4 months full pay whilst on mat leave. Literally if my due date was a day later it would work out!
I would be very politely asking my midwife to put that date on my MAT B 1… don’t ask, don’t get! X

Reactions: 5
I would be very politely asking my midwife to put that date on my MAT B 1… don’t ask, don’t get! X
So you’d ask a registered professional to lie on a government form for you, risking their entire career?!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So you’d ask a registered professional to lie on a government form for you, risking their entire career?!
This is what I'd be uncomfortable with - not to say it didn't cross my mind but it's a huge ask and while it probably wouldn't cause any issues it's still a risk for a midwife.

I'll speak to my HR department about it to ask if there's any flex from their side of things!

Reactions: 3
In case anyone needs a laugh…. I’ve always thought that when they check how dilated you are, it meant your vagina, not that they get their hand up there and it’s actually your cervix they check.

I’m a 31 year old woman with multiple masters degrees but apparently not a single brain cell.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
In case anyone needs a laugh…. I’ve always thought that when they check how dilated you are, it meant your vagina, not that they get their hand up there and it’s actually your cervix they check.

I’m a 31 year old woman with multiple masters degrees but apparently not a single brain cell.
Errr 😶😳 me too?!

Reactions: 2
Unfortunatley your vagina doesn't dilate.
Might be a bit easier if it did tbh 😂
Might not have had the 3rd degree tear 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Unfortunatley your vagina doesn't dilate.
Might be a bit easier if it did tbh 😂
Might not have had the 3rd degree tear 😂
And this is why I have ordered some books from the library that are about the process of birth (not hypnobirthing or techniques) 😂

OMG. I didn’t realise that either and I did biology to an ok level.

To add to this, I thought for the fundal measurement they measured around the stomach, and was concerned my massive ass would over inflate the size, whereas she measured from top of my uterus to my pubic bone (also had no idea where that was when she pressed so just said yes) 😂.

• Haha
I beg your pardon? Well I never knew that!!!! I am utterly clueless!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
These may help 😂
It's the cervix that dilates
Which is what they check.
This just made me close my legs, how is a baby coming out of there in a few months 🤣 Do they put their arm up there? The speculums they use to find the cervix are always so long 🫣 Must do more research in the next 15 weeks 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
This just made me close my legs, how is a baby coming out of there in a few months 🤣 Do they put their arm up there? The speculums they use to find the cervix are always so long 🫣 Must do more research in the next 15 weeks 😂
Their whole arm goes up, yep 😂
Feels that way at least.
Midwife tried to use 2 hands for one of my sweeps 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.