Pregnancy #44 The 3am Club

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had my growth scan and they said baby is looking to be around 5lb 14 right now. For 34+4 surely that’s on the bigger size? 😳
Nothing abnormal and they’re happy for me to just carry on seeing my midwifes, no mention of other scans for now.

Just had my growth scan and they said baby is looking to be around 5lb 14 right now. For 34+4 surely that’s on the bigger size? 😳
Nothing abnormal and they’re happy for me to just carry on seeing my midwifes, no mention of other scans for now.
I think that’s pretty normal. My daughter was 8lb at 36 weeks and I was induced at 37 and she came out 8lb4

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Mine measured 4lb at 29 weeks 🙈 but the sonographer said they’re not necessarily chunky because their femur is very long they are a long baby

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Can anyone help me with baby clothes sizes I’m so confused! I’m not due for ages but I just want to be prepared and try to spread costs. I’m overwhelmed by all the sizes - tiny baby, newborn, up to 1 month, 0-3 months…. What do I realistically need? I’m just looking to buy some multipack plain bodysuit things online. Of course I don’t know how big the baby is going to be, but I’m just so confused- I just saw a video that said 0-3 months is basically 3 months? Is that correct?

I don’t even mind buying some stuff that won’t end up fitting, just have no idea what I realistically need to buy ready/take to the hospital. Don’t want to be that first time mum with clothes far too big/small for their baby etc 😔
In my hospital bag I stuck to one shop, so for me I tend to get all sleepsuits/vests from next as I find they fit best for the longest. I took 3 first size of each, 3 up to one month and then a 0-3 vest and sleepsuit for both babies to try cover all bases because we weren’t expecting either of them to be really big. Don’t worry yourself about baby having big clothes, it can be so normal that they don’t fit in one size comfortably but the next size up is baggy. Both of mine have always looked a bit lost in a sleepsuit when they’ve needed to move up a size 🫣

I’ve always made sure I have enough sleepsuits/vests initially to cover 7 days with 2 changes a day to allow for washing/drying time. With my 3yo this suited us fine, with my baby I’ve had to buy more as we go through multiple changes a day due to reflux. I don’t buy everything brand new, I buy a lot from vinted/charity shops which means the costs aren’t as high especially when they’re little x

Reactions: 3
Can anyone help me with baby clothes sizes I’m so confused! I’m not due for ages but I just want to be prepared and try to spread costs. I’m overwhelmed by all the sizes - tiny baby, newborn, up to 1 month, 0-3 months…. What do I realistically need? I’m just looking to buy some multipack plain bodysuit things online. Of course I don’t know how big the baby is going to be, but I’m just so confused- I just saw a video that said 0-3 months is basically 3 months? Is that correct?

I don’t even mind buying some stuff that won’t end up fitting, just have no idea what I realistically need to buy ready/take to the hospital. Don’t want to be that first time mum with clothes far too big/small for their baby etc 😔
It depends where you buy them from too as some newborn are up to 10lb. I mostly buy the bigger newborn & up to 1 month so not to have loads that don’t get worn.
My first was 8lb and the small newborn (like up to 7lb) did fit but only for like a week. I think it’s also easier to get them dressed if they’re a bit bigger for them too! X

Reactions: 1
In my hospital bag I stuck to one shop, so for me I tend to get all sleepsuits/vests from next as I find they fit best for the longest. I took 3 first size of each, 3 up to one month and then a 0-3 vest and sleepsuit for both babies to try cover all bases because we weren’t expecting either of them to be really big. Don’t worry yourself about baby having big clothes, it can be so normal that they don’t fit in one size comfortably but the next size up is baggy. Both of mine have always looked a bit lost in a sleepsuit when they’ve needed to move up a size 🫣

I’ve always made sure I have enough sleepsuits/vests initially to cover 7 days with 2 changes a day to allow for washing/drying time. With my 3yo this suited us fine, with my baby I’ve had to buy more as we go through multiple changes a day due to reflux. I don’t buy everything brand new, I buy a lot from vinted/charity shops which means the costs aren’t as high especially when they’re little x
Sticking to one shop for the hospital bag makes so much sense actually! I try to check the labels on everything but it varies so much from shop to shop. Thank you 🥰

I’m 33 weeks tomorrow and I had a growth scan, baby is measuring 5lb 2 currently, they just said babies tummy is on the larger side! They say full term is 37 weeks so you’ve only got a couple of weeks so I’d say that was pretty normal, I might be wrong 😂 it’s just a guess anyway!

You should have a growth chart and it'll show where they plot, if you follow that percentile that's marked, it'll give you a rough estimate of birth weight.
Not that they always follow that curve though

How? I’m sure you’re meant to be 20 weeks or something 😂 I’m totally in denial that I’m 30.4 weeks! Hope it all goes well 🥰
I’m 39+1 I feel like it’s absolutely flown by!

Good luck! What kind of induction method are you having? Fingers crossed for you, lots of keeping calm and breathing and thinking nice thoughts! ♥♥♥
the 24 hour pessary so irs just a waiting game now!💗

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Me moaning again 🙄
Just want your opinions, so I’m due 2nd March and meant to be going on mat leave 17th Feb but feels so far away, I’m having quite a few appointments now because of the bloody diabetes tests, additional growth scans, midwife appointments and I thought my work would be flexible but I’ve got a covering manager now who is just trying to prove a point and wants everyone in the office 3 times a week and 2 days at home, and it’s typical my appointments seem to always be on the days I’m meant to be in the office so I have to go in after or make it up another day and I’m just exhausted from it all. My work, midwives and my house are in 3 opposite directions so lots of driving/catching buses… I haven’t been in this week at all off sick and I feel anxious having to work tomorrow and telling him about the diabetes appointment next week… Basically I just wanna bring my maternity leave forward a week🙄
do you agree?

Me moaning again 🙄
Just want your opinions, so I’m due 2nd March and meant to be going on mat leave 17th Feb but feels so far away, I’m having quite a few appointments now because of the bloody diabetes tests, additional growth scans, midwife appointments and I thought my work would be flexible but I’ve got a covering manager now who is just trying to prove a point and wants everyone in the office 3 times a week and 2 days at home, and it’s typical my appointments seem to always be on the days I’m meant to be in the office so I have to go in after or make it up another day and I’m just exhausted from it all. My work, midwives and my house are in 3 opposite directions so lots of driving/catching buses… I haven’t been in this week at all off sick and I feel anxious having to work tomorrow and telling him about the diabetes appointment next week… Basically I just wanna bring my maternity leave forward a week🙄
do you agree?
Personally for me I would, put you and baba first x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Me moaning again 🙄
do you agree?
I don’t think
You should have to. You will be glad of the time at the other end. I think they should be making reasonable adjustments in these final stages to allow you to work from
Home more and not add to your stresses with all the running about and being in the office for no particular reason.If the role can reasonably be done from home and it benefits your health to do so.. No brainier. Then you start your Mat leave as late as you can so you have more time at the other end. ETA remember there is an element of protection for pregnant mothers and they have a duty of care. You could ask for an updated risk assessment and stress within thst thst the travel to the office is a stressor/ risk factor for you and that you’d like it managed by wfh.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Me moaning again 🙄
do you agree?
Firstly, they legally have to let you have your appointment times off, however many you have. It's not their place or their right to question it and if they're actively making it difficult I would suggest talking to someone higher up.

I am in full support of bringing mat leave forward! I've brought mine forward (miscalculated some annual leave) and I have no regrets about this. I'm so tired when I get in from a day that it seems stupid to try and hang on. We won't get this time back!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I left a month early because people in my job were basically actin the dick and I don’t have the energy or patience for it and didn’t need the stress in the last weeks of pregnancy.

• Heart
Me moaning again 🙄
do you agree?
I'm pretty sure, by law, they have to let you have the time off, paid for for appointments.
I'm not even sure if they're allowed to make you make the time up either.
Not 100% sure on that though.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Me moaning again 🙄
do you agree?
Do it! If it’s causing you stress and discomfort f then. I’ve brought mine forward a whole month just I can’t be arsed with the place anymore. Final straw for me was being questioned on why the diabetes appointment was so long as if I was lying. I’ve got mine Friday, good luck to us both! I’m an over thinker and have convinced myself i have it 😂

• Heart
I've taken my mat leave early and I'm glad I did... I've ended up needing extra scans and appointments and tbh I'd had enough and I'm exhausted... Just got to do what you need to do.

• Heart
Me moaning again 🙄
do you agree?
It would be very reasonable to ask for adjustments due to your appointments (eg reducing the number of days you're in the office because of the impact of travelling, covid exposure etc). My husband has done this through formal arrangements with his line manager (no required in-office days for the final 2 months of pregnancy) and I had informal agreement with mine (caveat: we are both civil servants so there are policies in place and processes to follow if LM is being unreasonable/difficult about appointments etc, HR support etc).

It could be worth pitching it to your boss as 'if I can have flexibility on the number of office days then I can work up until my current finish date, otherwise for my and baby's health I will need to finish sooner' in other words your boss will need to sort out cover sooner than he expects :devilish:

If you do want to bring this up with your LM then Maternity Action has lots of information about rights https://maternityaction.org.uk/advice/health-and-safety-during-pregnancy-and-on-return-to-work/

But depending on your org and what type of HR support it has you may not be comfortable doing that.

To answer your question I would 100% bring your mat leave forward if that will help you mentally and you don't feel able to ask for reduced in-office days. I started mine at 33 weeks (using annual leave)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.