Pregnancy #44 The 3am Club

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
24 hour pessary didn’t work 0 progress! Now had the 6 hour one 😩
I don’t know which pessary I had (deffo wasn’t the 24 hour one) but when I had mine I started to progress quick quickly after that so fingers crossed for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Updates:
1) WE’VE GOT A LINKED WIKI BUTTON!

2) my non-maternity pants that were managing over-the-bump status have checked out and checked back in as under the bump pants. GREAT.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Does anyone have suggestions for healthy snacks and lunches for on the go?

Now I'm into second trimester I really want to make the effort to eat a bit healthier rather than eating what's convenient. Healthy eating is not my strong suit at the best of times so would love to know what works for other people.

Also stressing because my due date puts me ONE DAY shy of the length of service required for 4 months full pay whilst on mat leave. Literally if my due date was a day later it would work out!

Reactions: 1
I just wanted to add to the hospital bag suggestions, my Auntie Barb (god rest her soul she is dead) always SWORE by keeping wheetos in a sock and she got her husband to waft it infront of her face during labour. Apparently it kept her going during those tough contractions.

Sorry, bit weird, but she was just the best and her advice was always 👌
Like... the chocolate cereal Wheetos?!

I will see if I can find out who’s above the person In HR who copied her in. The email I sent was just confirming a question I had asked because my manager had been abit dismissive and unconcerned about it. But not sure if she’s taken me doing that personally, I just wanted to make sure I was getting the correct infomercials. Unfortunately my managers direct Boss they are really chummy and I just don’t trust things won’t get back to her.
She’s really changed since I said I was pregnant, even things like messaging me on my personal WhatsApp and 9:30/10pm at night with lists of jobs for the following day and if I don’t reply by the morning I have emails to my personal email address with messages like “are you still alive, are you ignoring me”. Its bizzare.
Tbh it’s really making me not want to go back, can already feel myself dreading returning and Iv not even left yet 🤣
As an HR Business Partner, this is absolutely shocking and I’m a bit lost for words! I’m so sorry you’re being treated like this 😞 I fully agree with speaking to HR directly and raising some of your concerns. You absolutely don’t have to take a day off for an appointment, let alone a 10 minute blood test and have the right to be treated no differently just because you’re pregnant! This has made me so angry 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m updating the wiki… does anyone have any suggestions for what to include?

So far I have
- @calmyourritas hospital and baby bag list
- UK employment law re pregnancy link to government website
- car seat insurance (checking your small print)
Since you've already included car seats in there, I'd personally just throw in some car seat safety.
No prolonged use, Inc lie flat car seats. No big bulky coats, always use the manufacturers stuff never add externally bought accessories onto it.

Reactions: 5
Since you've already included car seats in there, I'd personally just throw in some car seat safety.
No prolonged use, Inc lie flat car seats. No big bulky coats, always use the manufacturers stuff never add externally bought accessories onto it.
Also maybe something about leaky nips

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’ll link to a decent website about car seat safety

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Could a bilateral ear infection and feeling run down impact on my blood sugar's? Today's readings have been a mess but I'm completely exhausted been rushing about all day and my ears are killing and I'm so tired... Literally just sat down and cried.

I have the health visitor coming next week.
They’re coming because I previously self referred on my mental health.

So tonight I was in Asda with my daughter, she tried to turn the trolley and I bent down to cuddle her and she (WHY I DONT KNOW) suddenly started jumping excitedly….. which hit my chin in turn which made me bite my lip so hard I’ve split the bloody thing - I thought I’d bitten into my tongue too. There was SO MUCH BLOOD and I was absolutely sobbing (out of shock, and hormones I think). I have ice on it at the moment but god I feel sorry for myself. I had food poisoning last night too after my friends treated me to a fancy dinner in town.

Soooooo I can’t wait to open the door to the health visitor 34 weeks pregnant with a massive fat lip.🤦🏻‍♀️ I might call my daughter out of school to explain herself!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Could a bilateral ear infection and feeling run down impact on my blood sugar's? Today's readings have been a mess but I'm completely exhausted been rushing about all day and my ears are killing and I'm so tired... Literally just sat down and cried.
Yes! I was ill between Xmas and new year and getting higher readings from stuff I know I'm fine with. If you have any sort of infection the body naturally releases more glucose into the bloodstream

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.