Pregnancy #43 4am Club bring your own cheese and biscuits

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry I know this is pregnancy and not MIL but I have to vent…

So everyone was aware I was anxious about this test last week, and then these results came back and I’ve gotta do them again, my MIL who I saw on Sunday and my partner speaks to every few days, hasn’t asked me once how the appointment went, what my results were, didn’t even question why I needed to retake it… she never ever asks me how I am or just checks in with me…

I don’t know whether it’s because my mum likes to know things and asks questions and is really interested, that’s making me think that it’s odd?
But that time I was called in to hospital with potentially pre eclampsia she messaged me and she messaged my mum to see how I was… irs like she only cares when there is a drama… anyone else had this?!
Tbh, even my partner is like this.
His Mum is the same.
My Mum is the same most of the time too tbh.
Made me feel quite lonely as nobody ever asked how I was🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Tbh, even my partner is like this.
His Mum is the same.
My Mum is the same most of the time too tbh.
Made me feel quite lonely as nobody ever asked how I was🤷🏻‍♀️
Aww I’m so sorry!

I don’t think people realise how much ‘how you feeling’ ‘how did that appointment go’ can make you feel better ❤

Sadly I think the reason my MIL doesn’t ask is because she doesn’t care/doesn’t think, which is fine by me but in front of people or on Facebook she’s all over me 🤢

Reactions: 3
Aww I’m so sorry!

I don’t think people realise how much ‘how you feeling’ ‘how did that appointment go’ can make you feel better ❤

Sadly I think the reason my MIL doesn’t ask is because she doesn’t care/doesn’t think, which is fine by me but in front of people or on Facebook she’s all over me 🤢
This is my Mum pretty much.
She rarely sees the kids but based on her Facebook posts, things she shares, you'd think she sees them all the time

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m really at the end of my tether with my sciatica. I can barely walk, I’m having to hold on to the side a lot as I move. Every step is excruciating. Does anyone have any advice if what to do? It’s really deep in my bum cheek and I can’t seem to massage it deep enough to loosen up the muscle/nerve. I’m close to ordering some crutches tbh just to help my movement a bit.

• Heart
Does anyone else have days where babies movement is more like they are flip flopping around in there then kicks….. assume it all counts as movement, prehaps he’s changed postion!

Reactions: 4
I’m really at the end of my tether with my sciatica. I can barely walk, I’m having to hold on to the side a lot as I move. Every step is excruciating. Does anyone have any advice if what to do? It’s really deep in my bum cheek and I can’t seem to massage it deep enough to loosen up the muscle/nerve. I’m close to ordering some crutches tbh just to help my movement a bit.
I’ve had sciatica a few times (pre pregnancy) and am dreading it flaring up. A doctor once told me that replacing your mattress can help (I did and this actually worked but appreciate it’s not a fix probably now!) I find moving more helps me, and heat - maybe try a hot water bottle or something in the area in addition to the massage? Could try using a tennis ball/foam roller in the affected area with your body weight against it?

• Heart
Has anyone had ligament pain near their right hip but very low almost bottom of the bump?
Feels like stretching whenever I move / walk / bend a certain way.
Before when I’ve had it it’s because he’s been right wedged in 😂 but today I’ve felt him moving right near my belly button so guessing it’s more stretching pains
Yes! Sometimes it almost feels like a stitch but it’s right underneath on the right.

Finally feeling movements at almost 23 weeks. Wee bugger woke me up at 4am doing some sort of gymnastics routine. Such a weird feeling!!

I’ve had sciatica a few times (pre pregnancy) and am dreading it flaring up. A doctor once told me that replacing your mattress can help (I did and this actually worked but appreciate it’s not a fix probably now!) I find moving more helps me, and heat - maybe try a hot water bottle or something in the area in addition to the massage? Could try using a tennis ball/foam roller in the affected area with your body weight against it?
Thank you for replying!

We had a new mattress in March! Its a really good one too…

I have ordered a lacrosse ball from amazon… and I think I’m going to try a bath tonight once little madam is in bed…. It’s making me feel miserable and want t cry!

• Heart
Does anyone else have days where babies movement is more like they are flip flopping around in there then kicks….. assume it all counts as movement, prehaps he’s changed postion!
Yes, it isn't just kicks that you look out for, it's movements in general 😊 as you get further on, it tends to be less kicking and more rolling, moving and whatever else 😊

Yes, it isn't just kicks that you look out for, it's movements in general 😊 as you get further on, it tends to be less kicking and more rolling, moving and whatever else 😊
Thankyou!! First days Iv had lots of rolling movements… Thankyou, few like your getting me though this pregnancy with all your advice 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Had my first midwife appointment last night ☺ felt very surreal! Can’t wait for the first scan now.
The nausea has fully kicked in for me this week (8 weeks) I haven’t been sick but just feel motion sick all day, I’ve tried everything ginger and not much is helping, anyone got any tips? I just want to enjoy Christmas week without being horizontal 24/7 😂
I'm STRUGGLING with constant all day nausea. I went to the gp and they gave me some cyclizine, which has definitely helped along with travel sickness bands.
I don't know how I did the nausea with my first 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thank you for replying!

We had a new mattress in March! Its a really good one too…

I have ordered a lacrosse ball from amazon… and I think I’m going to try a bath tonight once little madam is in bed…. It’s making me feel miserable and want t cry!
I had sciatica early on in pregnancy and I’m lucky it went away. It’s so painful! Have you got a bump band? That could help keep some of the pressure off? Acupuncture or a pregnancy massage might help too.

• Heart
I’ve had one of those evenings where I think I must be crazy for having a third 😂🙈 less than 4 weeks to go… 🤪

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m getting really nervous about the birth now 😭 my due date is the 1st Jan and the unexpected is scaring me. It’s my first baby but the nervousness has only come over me in the last week or so 😫

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I would be cautious with rolling for sciatica - it's caused by a nerve getting trapped, which rolling could make more painful. There are sciatic nerve glides that you can do - this video is pretty comprehensive!

I’m getting really nervous about the birth now 😭 my due date is the 1st Jan and the unexpected is scaring me. It’s my first baby but the nervousness has only come over me in the last week or so 😫
I feel you, my emotions seem to change by the minute. C section booked for 30th December and it’s now very much dawning on me I will be responsible for a tiny human in just over a week. I still can’t get my head around it!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have this on and off, mine is a shooting pain down my left leg and it feels like I can't walk and it goes all tingly and numb. What helps me is hot water bottle/gel pack and making sure my posture is correct. I definitely find it creeps up more often of I've been sitting/lounging incorrectly. Often breaks during the day to stretch and lie down on the floor etc. It's awful isn't it

I’ve had one of those evenings where I think I must be crazy for having a third 😂🙈 less than 4 weeks to go… 🤪
10 weeks to go for me and I feel the same. In the madness of house move I think I've been just dismissing the fact that there is a another little person coming 🤣

Will I ever be able to sneeze/cough again without a little bit of wee coming out? 😭
I've given up and now permanently live in my cheeky pants 🙄

My induction became a c section, and baby is here! See you all soon on the other thread!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.