Pregnancy #43 4am Club bring your own cheese and biscuits

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The amount of junk food I’m eating cos it’s Christmas and clients keep delivering food hampers to work is unbelievable 🐷 🥴 this baby is going to come out addicted to ferrero rochers

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The amount of junk food I’m eating cos it’s Christmas and clients keep delivering food hampers to work is unbelievable 🐷 🥴 this baby is going to come out addicted to ferrero rochers
there's definitely worse things to be addicted to! Mines gonna come out the shape of a Pringle tube tbh! X

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Some days I sleep right through until 8am and others I wake up at 5 :( feeling low too, trying to embrace not being in control but it’s really hard, in a few months she’ll be here and I’m so scared I won’t be good enough for her :(

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Some days I sleep right through until 8am and others I wake up at 5 :( feeling low too, trying to embrace not being in control but it’s really hard, in a few months she’ll be here and I’m so scared I won’t be good enough for her :(
Just the fact you're worried you won't be good enough, already shows you will be.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Just gone twenty weeks an cannot sleep past 3.30am. Heartburn is slowly killing me and I’m so miserable. 20 weeks left 🥲

I’ve had one of those evenings where I think I must be crazy for having a third 😂🙈 less than 4 weeks to go… 🤪
Pretty much every day I think, bloody hell I chose to have a 4th, what planet was I on?? 😂😂

Also think we're due date twins (15th Jan) but baby will be born on 3rd Jan at latest for me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
For you and @Rdogk24 and anyone else who needs to see this today - this cartoon IS motherhood
D4140589-FF1E-46A7-8A69-F9E12D8A4582.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Hoping I can get some advice please! I'm a back sleeper and currently 15w5d pregnant and been advised it's best to sleep on my side going forward. Been trying it for the last week and I just cannot get comfortable 😫 can anyone recommend a good pregnancy pillow please? Just cannot get comfy and I want to get as much sleep as I can before baby is here 😂

Hoping I can get some advice please! I'm a back sleeper and currently 15w5d pregnant and been advised it's best to sleep on my side going forward. Been trying it for the last week and I just cannot get comfortable 😫 can anyone recommend a good pregnancy pillow please? Just cannot get comfy and I want to get as much sleep as I can before baby is here 😂
I’m 32 weeks now and I got the bb hug me in 2nd trimester, it wasn’t cheap but I use it all the time….not just sleeping, it’s great just sitting up etc and I’ll use it as a nursing pillow and to do tummy time when baby is here.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m a very dedicated back sleeper too - I loooove sleeping on my back.

I have two cushions I use, this one:https://www.dreamgenii.com/

And also a knee cushion from Dunelm for about £12 which helps even out your hips, try putting a bolster pillow behind your back before you go to sleep to try and help keep you in position. I wake every hour to change sides and I hate it… just nine more weeks to go though.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thanks so much all! I'll take a look at these :) got a longgggg way to go before I can back sleep again so better get comfy asap!

Reactions: 1
Thanks so much all! I'll take a look at these :) got a longgggg way to go before I can back sleep again so better get comfy asap!
Don’t worry about taking the odd night still to sleep on your back if it helps you get some sleep. Research suggests 28w+ for side sleeping, so I tried to implement it as much as I could up until then but I didn’t worry too much if sleeping on my back meant I got a few hrs sleep. As hard as I tried even in the third tri I’d always find a way onto my back but I just used to be conscious about going back to sleep on my side x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Don’t worry about taking the odd night still to sleep on your back if it helps you get some sleep. Research suggests 28w+ for side sleeping, so I tried to implement it as much as I could up until then but I didn’t worry too much if sleeping on my back meant I got a few hrs sleep. As hard as I tried even in the third tri I’d always find a way onto my back but I just used to be conscious about going back to sleep on my side x
The NHS website said from 28 weeks but suggested avoiding back sleeping ASAP, so I tried to do exclusively side sleeping in early pregnancy but was so uncomfortable! I asked my midwife about it at my 16 week appointment and she said to try to avoid back sleeping from 24 weeks if possible, and that back sleeping is fine before that (unless someone's been given specific medical advice for a reason of course!)

I'm 22 weeks now and going to make the most of rolling onto my back in the night while I can haha!

On a separate note - we've had a few Christmas cards over the past couple of days that are addressed to me, my husband and "bump" 🥺🥰 my hormonal emotions can't cope with lovely things like this!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The NHS website said from 28 weeks but suggested avoiding back sleeping ASAP, so I tried to do exclusively side sleeping in early pregnancy but was so uncomfortable! I asked my midwife about it at my 16 week appointment and she said to try to avoid back sleeping from 24 weeks if possible, and that back sleeping is fine before that (unless someone's been given specific medical advice for a reason of course!)

I'm 22 weeks now and going to make the most of rolling onto my back in the night while I can haha!

On a separate note - we've had a few Christmas cards over the past couple of days that are addressed to me, my husband and "bump" 🥺🥰 my hormonal emotions can't cope with lovely things like this!!
Apparently ending up on your back is fine, so if you wake up like that in the morning it’s nothing to worry about as long as you start off on a side. I read left is best but I’ve always preferred sleeping on my right, and never liked sleeping on my back but typically in pregnancy I’ve woken up loads on my back!!!

Reactions: 4
I’ve just had my 12 week scan and it was perfect! They said I need a face to face consultant appointment after my 20w scan and another scan at 28 weeks as my first birth it was traumatic and little one had shoulder dystocia. Anyone else had this? What will they discuss and how can a scan at 28w predict it’ll happen again?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.