Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gidget00_

VIP Member
My little girl was born at 2.26am, four weeks early and weighing 5lb 11oz. She’s perfectly healthy but we will be staying in the hospital for a few days. I have never felt overwhelmed by happiness before until now 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 44

A Real Fake

So, after a traumatic experience on Tuesday, baby girl was born at 23:53 by emergency c section, a tiny 5lb13, I didn’t get to spend the first 4 hours of her life with her and was worried I wouldn’t bond, but she is perfect 💖 x

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Motherofpugs

Chatty Member
Baby Pug (my second bub and rainbow) arrived on Tuesday at 4.49pm after a quick labour and birth at home 🥰 the birth could not have gone any better. Waters went around half 12. Established labour by 3, managed with my TENs machine on my ball. Midwives arrived by 4 with gas and air (the best). Got in the pool at 4.40 and started pushing straight away and he was out 9 minutes later 🤯. He’s a big chunky boy too - 9lb8oz and not a single tear or graze, I couldn’t believe it! After pushing for 2 hours with my 6lb11oz first born and ending up with episiotomy and ventouse my mind is blown.

Currently on postnatal ward though as baby kept breathing a bit fast so he’s on antibiotics as a precaution but hopefully we can go home very soon 🤞🏻. He’s just gorgeous and I’m loving the newborn snuggles. So excited for all you pregnant ladies to meet your babies soon 🥰 have loved reading this thread from the start. Hope you don’t mind if I stick around for a bit longer x

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Pontiac_Bandit

VIP Member
Had our 20 week scan this morning and I was incredibly nervous beforehand, preparing myself in case something had gone wrong. Luckily little one was perfectly healthy and measuring well although a little on the smaller side. And we found out they're a little boy ❤ I'm so happy that they're healthy and doing well, and I'm also absolutely exhausted from all the nervous energy before the scan (and quite sore from all the digging around trying to view them!). Having a sit down with a big cookie and a decaf coffee now to try to boost my energy and let the good news sink in!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
So sorry you’re having a tough time especially ttc for so long and with your losses, I really feel like things won’t feel ‘safe’ until baby is actually here eh! Hopefully you wont be waiting much longer for your results xxx sending you hugs 🤗
Had the call earlier and was told it came back as “high chance” so still 1 in 5. I’m not going to do the amniocentesis as I’m too scared of miscarriage so we shall just wait and see what happens. Regardless of it all, this baby will be so incredibly loved and is so incredibly wanted. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Spencerskates

VIP Member
I ended up spending most of yesterday in hospital - extremely high ketone levels and just dropping in and out of consciousness. We went to the walk in centre first and was rushed through as an emergency, but they were so busy that even that took three hours. Then sent to the hospital - Mr Skates wasn’t allowed with me which I wasn’t expecting. Couple of bags of IV fluid, anti sickness injection (in my bum which wasn’t the most fun experience) and an injection in my thigh to help stop blood clots. Safe to say my extreme phobia of needles is very much being tested while pregnant! Most importantly, baby Skates is fine and I’m home now.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

GlennCoco

VIP Member
First day of mat leave today! 🎉 currently tucking into a leisurely, uninterrupted breakfast 😋

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Had my 20 week scan today and we are having a baby boy! 💙 looks like all is well and no concerns were raised. They didn’t mention anything about his weight, I’m guessing that will be monitored more closely within the next couple of months? I have been feeling a few movements and it turns out it’s because my placenta is posterior which I know seems to be less common than anterior judging by this thread 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 18

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
Ladies…. This (I.e. ME) absolute whale of a pregnant woman let out the loudest fart in late night Tesco tonight…. Apparently last Christmas I gave you my fart 🤣🤣🤣 part of me is mortified but also I AM PREGNANT and I’ll fart if I want to 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Juststopit

VIP Member
Due date tomorrow and baby shows no sign of wanting to come out...I reckon he knows its -7 degrees out here and is in no rush

• Heart
Reactions: 16

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
I went to my works Christmas party tonight and mentioned I was 6 months pregnant and a woman looked at me and said she thought I was 9 months pregnant. I want to laugh it off but it’s honestly the stupidest thing to say to someone. I feel so pissed off about the whole thing!

• Sad
  • Angry

Rdogk24

haven’t spoken on the thread for a while as I’ve been feeling really weird :( I’m a bit overcome with negative emotions and I’m really struggling with it. I don’t know if it’s just the unknown or worry about whether I’m going to be good enough, but I’ve been having days of feeling really low and hopeless to the point of sobbing. I was so excited and it seems to have just gone away.

• Heart

themuffinwoman

VIP Member
Does anyone else just have major freak outs about being a parent? I’m worrying about her growing up into the big wide world and can’t believe how horrendous the world is and by creating to her I’m exposing to everything awful and know this is me being hormonal but I’m already worried about her 😭😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 15