• Full term!

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Get this baby out of me!!!!

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I’ve had my baby 👩‍🍼

Votes: 19 13.6%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love the title 😂 woke up at the usual having had a nightmare I misplaced my baby, found her in a box 🤷‍♀️ and my fingers are officially too fat for my rings. Did have a minor meltdown as I left the house this morning, ringless and wanting to put a tracker on the baby when she gets here.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Love the title 😂 woke up at the usual having had a nightmare I misplaced my baby, found her in a box 🤷‍♀️ and my fingers are officially too fat for my rings. Did have a minor meltdown as I left the house this morning, ringless and wanting to put a tracker on the baby when she gets here.
Oh yes I should have said: title inspired by you and @fairylights2000 😂

• Heart
Fame at last! 😂

Before I got pregnant I used to have dreams I'd had a baby and kept putting it down and losing it because it was like thumb sized 😅

Hi all…

Pregnant mamas who are further then, say 18 weeks… did anyone have a high chance combined screening result for Down’s and have the NIPT and all was ok?
I had my 12 week scan yesterday and nuchal measurement was 3.6mm and my result came back at 1 in 5 chance for Down’s and 1 in 24,827 for Patau’s and Edward’s. I’ve opted to have the NIPT test and I’ve read lots of stories online where women have had a high chance for the combined screening and low chance for the NIPT and just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Just replying here as the old thread is closed...@fairylights2000 I did ask the midwife about the possibility of online classes. Apparently they have stopped those with a view towards reintroducing in-person classes again but she doesn't think they will be up and running before I've had my baby 🤦🏻‍♀️

@calmyourritas that's a great shout so thank you!! I hadn't heard of these before now, just from a quick glance it seems to be UK and northern Ireland only but I'll just put down I'm in northern Ireland, can't see there being an issue considering it's a free class 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
Thanks for those who replied in the last thread about having a birth plan. Reason I asked was because I was hoping for a water birth (all being well) and I wasn’t sure how soon my hospital would need to know. I should have really asked at my 34 week midwife appointment this week but you know pregnancy brain and all.

Thanks for those who replied in the last thread about having a birth plan. Reason I asked was because I was hoping for a water birth (all being well) and I wasn’t sure how soon my hospital would need to know. I should have really asked at my 34 week midwife appointment this week but you know pregnancy brain and all.
I never had a birth plan really I always said I just wanted to go with the flow. When I arrived at the hospital in labour they asked me then if I wanted a water birth so they knew whether to find a room with a pool or not.

Reactions: 4
For those of you who saw my post about being called into hospital regarding protein in my wee… All is well, they did 3 blood samples and 2 pee samples, I was in the maternity assessment ward for 4 hours! And the results all came back as normal… nurse thinks the sample I gave to my midwife was contaminated (potentially from my shower gel!!!!) that’s why it showed protein!

But this will make you all laugh, my mum took me to the hospital, on the way there we got stuck in bad traffic and I genuinely thought I was gonna wet myself, I was in such a state!!! I ended up getting out of my mums car whilst we were in traffic and knocked on a strangers door and asked to use their loo… it was sheer panic and I genuinely didn’t care 🤣 the lovely lady let me in her house, god knows what she must of thought, I was hysterical 🙈🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
For those of you who saw my post about being called into hospital regarding protein in my wee… All is well, they did 3 blood samples and 2 pee samples, I was in the maternity assessment ward for 4 hours! And the results all came back as normal… nurse thinks the sample I gave to my midwife was contaminated (potentially from my shower gel!!!!) that’s why it showed protein!

But this will make you all laugh, my mum took me to the hospital, on the way there we got stuck in bad traffic and I genuinely thought I was gonna wet myself, I was in such a state!!! I ended up getting out of my mums car whilst we were in traffic and knocked on a strangers door and asked to use their loo… it was sheer panic and I genuinely didn’t care 🤣 the lovely lady let me in her house, god knows what she must of thought, I was hysterical 🙈🤣
Omg you’re so brave for that I would’ve wee’d on the side of the road 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m so sure in the last week Iv started to feel baby movement. Like a popping bubbles/fidgeting kinda feeling… like gas that never comes….
But it’s fairly inconsistent. Today I don’t think Iv felt them at all! 21 weeks with anterior placenta… was told I likely wouldn’t feel them at all till a few weeks later…. Is the inconsistent movement quite normal at first? Thanks.

Hi all…

Pregnant mamas who are further then, say 18 weeks… did anyone have a high chance combined screening result for Down’s and have the NIPT and all was ok?
I had my 12 week scan yesterday and nuchal measurement was 3.6mm and my result came back at 1 in 5 chance for Down’s and 1 in 24,827 for Patau’s and Edward’s. I’ve opted to have the NIPT test and I’ve read lots of stories online where women have had a high chance for the combined screening and low chance for the NIPT and just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience?
My last pregnancy my babies NT measurement was 3.5mm. 1 in 7 for downs. But NIPT came back all clear. NIPT is a lot more accurate! The wait is Hell for results so hope they come back quickly for you xxxx

Reactions: 1
Yes. Our NT measurement was 3.6 too, we were referred to fetal medicine to check it who again measured at 3.6, my result came back as 1 in 150 ish for downs and I think 1 in 100,000 for Edwards and Pataus. We went ahead with the NIPT and it came back as low risk. They’ve kept us under fetal medicine to keep an eye on everything, the NT measurement is now where it should be for the gestation and they did additional heart scans etc as sometimes the increased NT can be an indicator for heart defects but everything has come back clear. They did offer an amino to know 100% after the low risk result but we declined it as for us the risk of miscarriage was too high when the result wouldn’t have affected how we proceeded.

I’m 25 weeks this week and had my last fetal medicine appointment last week, everything looks fine and they’re happy with my scans, they want me to go back in 3 weeks with a view to signing me back over to normal care.

I hope you’re ok, I know it’s a really scary time and you don’t expect to leave your 12 week scan feeling worried. I think we build the 12 week scan up in our minds as an announcement milestone and for it to not go to plan is upsetting and scary. Try not to worry too much (easier said than done I know) but you’re in good hands and hopefully your NIPT will come back quickly with good news xxx
Hi all…

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m so sure in the last week Iv started to feel baby movement. Like a popping bubbles/fidgeting kinda feeling… like gas that never comes….
But it’s fairly inconsistent. Today I don’t think Iv felt them at all! 21 weeks with anterior placenta… was told I likely wouldn’t feel them at all till a few weeks later…. Is the inconsistent movement quite normal at first? Thanks.

My last pregnancy my babies NT measurement was 3.5mm. 1 in 7 for downs. But NIPT came back all clear. NIPT is a lot more accurate! The wait is Hell for results so hope they come back quickly for you xxxx
If you're worried, give them a call just for reassurance.
But at the start when I first started feeling them, I could go 2 or 3 days without feeling them again. At one point, it was a week!

Movements didn’t really start being consistent for me until about 25 weeks. I remember before that feeling like you, he would go 1-3 days without me feeling him at all and I would worry but then all of sudden he was active again. I don’t know if it’s because they are still small so can put themselves in a position where you don’t feel them as much.

Has anyone ever had a 6 week scan? I booked for when I will be 6 and a half weeks, and they emailed asking if I would like to move it to 7 weeks due to the heart beat being stronger from then, thus being able to provide more reassurance
Unfortunately I can’t as we’re due to go away the day after I’ve booked, and we’re hoping to get enough reassurance from the 6 week scan to tell our best friends who were due to go away with(they’ll spot a mile off as soon as I turn down a drink anyway!)
I’m now worried it won’t provide any reassurance at all and make me more anxious

Has anyone ever had a 6 week scan? I booked for when I will be 6 and a half weeks, and they emailed asking if I would like to move it to 7 weeks due to the heart beat being stronger from then, thus being able to provide more reassurance
Unfortunately I can’t as we’re due to go away the day after I’ve booked, and we’re hoping to get enough reassurance from the 6 week scan to tell our best friends who were due to go away with(they’ll spot a mile off as soon as I turn down a drink anyway!)
I’m now worried it won’t provide any reassurance at all and make me more anxious
I booked for when I thought I was 7+5, but only measured 5+6. We were lucky enough to see the heartbeat but she said if we had gone the day before; we probably wouldn’t have done. You may be lucky but if just depends if your dates are out you may be too early xx

I had a scan at 6+5 and we had a heart beat then, surely there would be a heart beat then for you? But then again if it’s too early you don’t want to be worried and anxious when you’re away! 💕💕

I booked for when I thought I was 7+5, but only measured 5+6. We were lucky enough to see the heartbeat but she said if we had gone the day before; we probably wouldn’t have done. You may be lucky but if just depends if your dates are out you may be too early xx
Thank you, that actually makes me feel better! I’m certain I’ll be 6+3. My cycle is like clockwork so I have all the dates worked out but I’ve seen so many people say they got theirs wrong that now worries me too🤣 X

I had a scan at 6+5 and we had a heart beat then, surely there would be a heart beat then for you? But then again if it’s too early you don’t want to be worried and anxious when you’re away! 💕💕
I think there would be too, from everything I’ve read. She wasn’t necessarily doubting there will be a heartbeat, just that it may not be very strong therefore may not provide the reassurance I/they’d like. Why is this stuff all so hard 😅❤

• Heart
Booked in for my first scan on Friday to hopefully work out how far along i am! told my boyfriend he was freaked out and shocked but supportive. I don’t know how to tell my own dad though think he will massively judge me lol

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thank you, that actually makes me feel better! I’m certain I’ll be 6+3. My cycle is like clockwork so I have all the dates worked out but I’ve seen so many people say they got theirs wrong that now worries me too🤣 X

I think there would be too, from everything I’ve read. She wasn’t necessarily doubting there will be a heartbeat, just that it may not be very strong therefore may not provide the reassurance I/they’d like. Why is this stuff all so hard 😅❤
so I booked for 6 weeks on the dot because I was an eager beaver 😂 but they rang me and suggested to push it back, and we were going on holiday the next day and she said sometimes they don’t always see the heartbeat and didn’t want it to ruin my holiday so we ended up going on 7+2 (I know the days I ovulated and given the situation the day of conception 😂) and was put forward to 7+4. 6+3 should be ok from what I remember about reassurance scans so 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.