Pregnancy #43 4am Club bring your own cheese and biscuits

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't know if it's any reassurance but I had a 3c tear with my second and only a 1st degree with my 3rd. Although it was an up and down tear šŸ˜‚ but the upwards was nothing to do with the previous tear haha
Thank you that is reassuring. The consultant wasnā€™t too bothered about it, just obviously had to tell me thereā€™s a risk. My only concern is I can feel the scar tissue a bit more now but Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s because of the pressure of the baby etc. Should probably do some perineal massage but I did it religiously with my first and made no difference so cba this time šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ x

Reactions: 1
Thank you that is reassuring. The consultant wasnā€™t too bothered about it, just obviously had to tell me thereā€™s a risk. My only concern is I can feel the scar tissue a bit more now but Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s because of the pressure of the baby etc. Should probably do some perineal massage but I did it religiously with my first and made no difference so cba this time šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ x
I was the same šŸ˜‚ I did perineal massage with my second... 3c tear.
Didn't do it with my first... 1st degree.
Didn't do it with my 3rd... 1st degree šŸ˜‚

My consultant didn't even tell me I was increased risk. I'd actually asked for a csection because of that, and got refused and my consultant said "It's not really a reason for having one."
I said I'm worried it'll happen again and she said "it might, it might not. You don't know"
šŸ™„šŸ˜‚

• Wow
40 +6 and still no massive signs of any progress. Had some quite intense period like cramping over the weekend but that seems to have calmed down again. Booked in for a second sweep later this week.

I was hoping to get to the end of this thread with a baby but it's not looking promising šŸ˜‚šŸ™ˆ

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I was the same šŸ˜‚ I did perineal massage with my second... 3c tear.
Didn't do it with my first... 1st degree.
Didn't do it with my 3rd... 1st degree šŸ˜‚

My consultant didn't even tell me I was increased risk. I'd actually asked for a csection because of that, and got refused and my consultant said "It's not really a reason for having one."
I said I'm worried it'll happen again and she said "it might, it might not. You don't know"
šŸ™„šŸ˜‚
She said it was a 10% chance, and that I could risk more damage and have incontinence problems throughout life so thatā€™s whatā€™s made me worry a bit. She also said ā€œhe could be 9lbs by the time of my due date which isnā€™t necessarily a problemā€. My daughter was 9lb2 and it definitely was a problem šŸ¤£

Had my growth scan today. Theyā€™ve measured him as 6lb9 at 36+1 weeks and he is head down now šŸ™ŒšŸ» Happy for me to carry on for now, but to consider how I want to deliver as I had a 3a tear with my first and is an increased risk of that happening again.

Im booked in for another growth scan on 11th Jan, due date is 15th. I wanted earlier but there arenā€™t any appts before then. So feel like I didnā€™t get many answers but equally happy not to be told I have to have a c section as thatā€™s not my preferred birth option.
Is an elective episiotomy an option? I know some people who had a planned episiotomy for their second birth. I donā€™t know how common it is but may be worth checking. I had to have an episiotomy with my first and it was ok, healed well and didnā€™t have any complications.

Is an elective episiotomy an option? I know some people who had a planned episiotomy for their second birth. I donā€™t know how common it is but may be worth checking. I had to have an episiotomy with my first and it was ok, healed well and didnā€™t have any complications.
I think episiotomy increases your chances of tearing worse

She said it was a 10% chance, and that I could risk more damage and have incontinence problems throughout life so thatā€™s whatā€™s made me worry a bit. She also said ā€œhe could be 9lbs by the time of my due date which isnā€™t necessarily a problemā€. My daughter was 9lb2 and it definitely was a problem šŸ¤£
šŸ˜‚ Yeah, my second was 11lb.
I convinced them for an induction instead as I wasn't doing that again and she was predicted around 10lbs šŸ˜‚

I had an episiotomy with my first. The consultant did say that wouldnā€™t change the risk of tearing again. I will ask my midwife as I want to talk it all out with her soon, thank you x

I think episiotomy increases your chances of tearing worse

šŸ˜‚ Yeah, my second was 11lb.
I convinced them for an induction instead as I wasn't doing that again and she was predicted around 10lbs šŸ˜‚
Yeah I wanted to have a scan in two weeks to see how much heā€™d grown and get induced before he gets to 9lb but thatā€™s the best they can do. Im hoping he comes on his own before the new year but I wonā€™t count on it šŸ˜‚
Fair play to you doing an 11lber!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Have you found out what you are and arenā€™t offered in theatre? Like a playlist/skin to skin/ being talked through whatā€™s happening?

Take your biggest knickers that go over your belly so theyā€™ll be well away from your scar. Also take slip on footwear like sliders or crocs or flip flops as youā€™re not going to want to bend down especially not for the initial few days.

Stand up straight when youā€™re up and about, it might be uncomfortable but itā€™s the best for recovery.

Be patient with yourself, I was surprised how much everything felt bruised and I could only take little steps everywhere. Itā€™s major surgery so remember that whenever youā€™re beating yourself or feeling down! But it doesnā€™t last for too long x

If you have a car get someone to take it for a spin for you every now and then as mine sat on the drive and I had to get a new battery!

good luck!! Xxx
No I havenā€™t, I did chat briefly with my midwife at last appt about potentially c section and we agreed skin to skin but havenā€™t spoken about any of the other bits. I am hoping for my own music etc, will perhaps check with midwife at my appt this week?

Thank you for the advice, all great tips!! I have never had any major surgery before so all feels very overwhelming but am so excited to meet her ā¤

• Heart
Update: husband rang the maternity helpline again and it sounds like I am over the worst (although as soon as the midwife answered I threw up again, amazing timing there). The pins and needles were most likely from dehydration/electrolytes being out of balance, thankfully they are mostly gone now. The midwife was so kind and reassuring šŸ˜­ and baby is still wiggling away although he seems to have tucked himself away down really low which feels so odd because 90% of the time he's wedged in his favourite position and really easy to find.

Tomorrow is meant to be my last day before mat leave and there's still things I haven't done but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it! šŸ˜¬

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Is anyone around 12 weeks? I have my 12 week scan this week and feel so anxious, itā€™s spoiling my excitement šŸ˜£ Iā€™ve seen this baby 3 times with a perfectly healthy heartbeat but after having two losses this year, Iā€™m a nervous wreck. I canā€™t remember feeling this nervous with my toddler?!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
havenā€™t spoken on the thread for a while as Iā€™ve been feeling really weird :( Iā€™m a bit overcome with negative emotions and Iā€™m really struggling with it. I donā€™t know if itā€™s just the unknown or worry about whether Iā€™m going to be good enough, but Iā€™ve been having days of feeling really low and hopeless to the point of sobbing. I was so excited and it seems to have just gone away.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
havenā€™t spoken on the thread for a while as Iā€™ve been feeling really weird :( Iā€™m a bit overcome with negative emotions and Iā€™m really struggling with it. I donā€™t know if itā€™s just the unknown or worry about whether Iā€™m going to be good enough, but Iā€™ve been having days of feeling really low and hopeless to the point of sobbing. I was so excited and it seems to have just gone away.
Iā€™m so sorry to read this

have you thought about reaching out to anyone? Self-referring to the well-being team at all? It could be hormonal and hopefully it will pass soon but if you think it might help self referring could be an idea as Will provide you with some support?

Sending you much love xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Pregnancy is a stressful time with lots of hormonal/emotional changes so it's not uncommon to feel things more strongly or experience emotions that don't feel like "you". It'd be worth speaking to your midwife about it as they can refer you for maternity mental health support and give you the opportunity to talk through your emotions/fears and be supported at a really difficult time. Look after yourself, you're doing amazingly šŸ™‚

• Heart
Ladiesā€¦. This (I.e. ME) absolute whale of a pregnant woman let out the loudest fart in late night Tesco tonightā€¦. Apparently last Christmas I gave you my fart šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ part of me is mortified but also I AM PREGNANT and Iā€™ll fart if I want to šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 18
WHY am I awake at 4am every morning the last few days? Itā€™s a joke, itā€™s like clockwork and I canā€™t get back to sleep!

Midwife rang me yesterday about my diabetes testā€¦ ITS COME BACK INCONCLUSIVE šŸ˜­ Iā€™m so annoyed. Iā€™ve gotta back tomorrow and redo it! Apparently one of the samples dried up, Iā€™ve never heard of that before. The only positive is she said the other bloods they took, all results came back normal etc. So back to the midwives tomorrow for a 2 hour appointment šŸ˜­

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Is anyone around 12 weeks? I have my 12 week scan this week and feel so anxious, itā€™s spoiling my excitement šŸ˜£ Iā€™ve seen this baby 3 times with a perfectly healthy heartbeat but after having two losses this year, Iā€™m a nervous wreck. I canā€™t remember feeling this nervous with my toddler?!
me! I have my 12 week scan today actually! I havenā€™t had any losses but took us a while to fall pregnant and required fertility treatment and I had an early scan which showed twins! I am 39 and feel like there is so much to worry about and being told high risk etc etc that all I do is worry! I have a 3 year old who currently has a sickness bug so another thing to worry about him getting better and washing sick covered clothes and cushions haha! It has helped distract me a bit from worrying about the scan though!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Had my first midwife appointment last night ā˜ŗ felt very surreal! Canā€™t wait for the first scan now.
The nausea has fully kicked in for me this week (8 weeks) I havenā€™t been sick but just feel motion sick all day, Iā€™ve tried everything ginger and not much is helping, anyone got any tips? I just want to enjoy Christmas week without being horizontal 24/7 šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Midwife rang me yesterday about my diabetes testā€¦ ITS COME BACK INCONCLUSIVE šŸ˜­ Iā€™m so annoyed. Iā€™ve gotta back tomorrow and redo it! Apparently one of the samples dried up, Iā€™ve never heard of that before. The only positive is she said the other bloods they took, all results came back normal etc. So back to the midwives tomorrow for a 2 hour appointment šŸ˜­
Sorry I know this is pregnancy and not MIL but I have to ventā€¦

So everyone was aware I was anxious about this test last week, and then these results came back and Iā€™ve gotta do them again, my MIL who I saw on Sunday and my partner speaks to every few days, hasnā€™t asked me once how the appointment went, what my results were, didnā€™t even question why I needed to retake itā€¦ she never ever asks me how I am or just checks in with meā€¦

I donā€™t know whether itā€™s because my mum likes to know things and asks questions and is really interested, thatā€™s making me think that itā€™s odd?
But that time I was called in to hospital with potentially pre eclampsia she messaged me and she messaged my mum to see how I wasā€¦ irs like she only cares when there is a dramaā€¦ anyone else had this?!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.