Pregnancy #43 4am Club bring your own cheese and biscuits

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just had my 12 week scan and it was perfect! They said I need a face to face consultant appointment after my 20w scan and another scan at 28 weeks as my first birth it was traumatic and little one had shoulder dystocia. Anyone else had this? What will they discuss and how can a scan at 28w predict it’ll happen again?
Was your first a big baby? I think that can often cause shoulder dystocia, so I’d imagine the 28 week scan would be a growth scan to see how big they’re likely to be.

Reactions: 1
I’ve just had my 12 week scan and it was perfect! They said I need a face to face consultant appointment after my 20w scan and another scan at 28 weeks as my first birth it was traumatic and little one had shoulder dystocia. Anyone else had this? What will they discuss and how can a scan at 28w predict it’ll happen again?
Lots of people are consultant led. Usually just means you're more high risk. Which yours is from your previous birth.
It'll be a growth scan, and you may have them every 4 weeks from 28 weeks to keep an eye on growth, make sure baby doesn't get too big 😊

Convinced baby is doing this

is there a point at which they can move too much?!

I'm glad he is ok post stomach bug but I still feel v weak and he's got me like

I've been stuck in bed since Sunday night and only just started eating food again, and starting to feel a bit overwhelmed at the thought of having an actual baby in the house. Next door have a 2yr old (and another on the way) and the walls are quite thin (and they're also quite loud) so for most of this week I've just heard the toddler crying (his bedroom shares a wall with ours), dog barking, the dad shouting at the toddler/dog/his wife. I know part of this is just the nature of sharing a wall and I don't expect the toddler to be quiet as that's just not reasonable. But I'm worrying about how the extra noise from next door will feel on top of trying to deal with a newborn.

Lots of people are consultant led. Usually just means you're more high risk. Which yours is from your previous birth.
It'll be a growth scan, and you may have them every 4 weeks from 28 weeks to keep an eye on growth, make sure baby doesn't get too big 😊
Thank you, I guess it’ll be nice to see baby so often! 🙊

Thank you, I guess it’ll be nice to see baby so often! 🙊
I've got consultant involvement due to having MS, and will be having growth scans just as a precaution - I'm more than happy to get to see baby more often, although yesterday I got 8 appointment letters in the post (5 scans, 3 consultant reviews) which felt a little excessive and overwhelming!! I rang up to check as some of the appointments were for after my due date, but apparently they set everything up in case you go overdue - so just to warn you, you might be inundated with letters soon! 😂

I have this pregnancy pillow and it’s so good, brilliant for like laying on and hugging at night but also propping me up to watch tv or read or resting my laptop on, it’s been so good that non pregnant relatives have bought them for themselves 🤣🤣

I have this pregnancy pillow and it’s so good, brilliant for like laying on and hugging at night but also propping me up to watch tv or read or resting my laptop on, it’s been so good that non pregnant relatives have bought them for themselves 🤣🤣
I have this one too it’s amazing, hubby even uses it 🤣

Okay so a totally random one from me tonight 😂 but I didn’t realise how bloody hideous my ultrasound scan was until I seen my friends tonight with his cute little button nose. Anyone else’s baby had a massive pointy nose on the ultrasound then came out not looking like Pinocchio?🤣 just looks odd to me!

Attachments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.