Pregnancy #43 4am Club bring your own cheese and biscuits

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Constipation is absolutely having my life! I’m in so much pain and just cannot go, then feel like I’m snapping at my partner but it’s just because I’m really uncomfy. ☹
It is awful! I use Fybogel, can buy it from boots (or get a prescription because it’s about £10 for 30 satchets I think) and it really, really helps.

Reactions: 1
On the topic of constipation…. If you have one of those fold up plastic steps most people have to reach down things from high cupboards etc I recommend putting them under your feet when you go to the loo…position helps a lot when you’re constipated and the steps raise your legs and lower your pelvis to a better position. It’s basically the same as having a squatty potty that people recommend…

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Constipation is absolutely having my life! I’m in so much pain and just cannot go, then feel like I’m snapping at my partner but it’s just because I’m really uncomfy. ☹
Is there anything that would make you go normally when you’re not pregnant? Grapes for me normally go through me so I’ve been having half a pack of grapes each day which is keeping me regular ish (still slow for me) but I dread to think what I would be like without them

Had D&V about 10 times since last night so I guess it's a bug or something I ate 😑 Feel completely wretched but also can't sleep because my hands and feet are full of pins and needles which is new

Just double checking but Imodium/loperamide isn't allowed in pregnancy is it

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Had D&V about 10 times since last night so I guess it's a bug or something I ate 😑 Feel completely wretched but also can't sleep because my hands and feet are full of pins and needles which is new

I think it's one of those things where you're supposed to contact the doctor first as it's not really been tested in pregnancy

Sending you well wishes! I had a D&V bug last weekend at 35 weeks and it was rough ☹

• Heart

Nope, sorry! I’ve been told to not use it. Prior to pregnancy I took it daily because of IBS.

Reactions: 2
Had my growth scan today. They’ve measured him as 6lb9 at 36+1 weeks and he is head down now 🙌🏻 Happy for me to carry on for now, but to consider how I want to deliver as I had a 3a tear with my first and is an increased risk of that happening again.

Im booked in for another growth scan on 11th Jan, due date is 15th. I wanted earlier but there aren’t any appts before then. So feel like I didn’t get many answers but equally happy not to be told I have to have a c section as that’s not my preferred birth option.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Had my growth scan today. They’ve measured him as 6lb9 at 36+1 weeks and he is head down now 🙌🏻 Happy for me to carry on for now, but to consider how I want to deliver as I had a 3a tear with my first and is an increased risk of that happening again.

Im booked in for another growth scan on 11th Jan, due date is 15th. I wanted earlier but there aren’t any appts before then. So feel like I didn’t get many answers but equally happy not to be told I have to have a c section as that’s not my preferred birth option.
Don't know if it's any reassurance but I had a 3c tear with my second and only a 1st degree with my 3rd. Although it was an up and down tear 😂 but the upwards was nothing to do with the previous tear haha

• Heart

Due date twins! 👶🏼🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thank you for the constipation advice, pregnancy is so glamorous isn’t it?!🤣

For those of you who have felt baby move, what did those first movements feel like and how far pregnant were you? I’m 16 weeks and feeling occasional quick, sharp pains low in my stomach but I’m not sure if it’s babymoving or just my uterus stretching.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thank you for the constipation advice, pregnancy is so glamorous isn’t it?!🤣

For those of you who have felt baby move, what did those first movements feel like and how far pregnant were you? I’m 16 weeks and feeling occasional quick, sharp pains low in my stomach but I’m not sure if it’s babymoving or just my uterus stretching.
It shouldn't be painful. That sounds more like round ligament.

Movement is more like a popping feeling. A bit like when your stomach rumbles

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have had my c section date confirmed for 30th December due to little miss still being breech! Can’t quite believe I will have a baby next week!! Any tips/advice from mummas that have had sections before??? I am nervous!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Has anyone had ligament pain near their right hip but very low almost bottom of the bump?
Feels like stretching whenever I move / walk / bend a certain way.
Before when I’ve had it it’s because he’s been right wedged in 😂 but today I’ve felt him moving right near my belly button so guessing it’s more stretching pains

I have had my c section date confirmed for 30th December due to little miss still being breech! Can’t quite believe I will have a baby next week!! Any tips/advice from mummas that have had sections before??? I am nervous!
Have you found out what you are and aren’t offered in theatre? Like a playlist/skin to skin/ being talked through what’s happening?

Take your biggest knickers that go over your belly so they’ll be well away from your scar. Also take slip on footwear like sliders or crocs or flip flops as you’re not going to want to bend down especially not for the initial few days.

Stand up straight when you’re up and about, it might be uncomfortable but it’s the best for recovery.

Be patient with yourself, I was surprised how much everything felt bruised and I could only take little steps everywhere. It’s major surgery so remember that whenever you’re beating yourself or feeling down! But it doesn’t last for too long x

If you have a car get someone to take it for a spin for you every now and then as mine sat on the drive and I had to get a new battery!

good luck!! Xxx

• Heart
Has anyone had ligament pain near their right hip but very low almost bottom of the bump?
Feels like stretching whenever I move / walk / bend a certain way.
Before when I’ve had it it’s because he’s been right wedged in 😂 but today I’ve felt him moving right near my belly button so guessing it’s more stretching pains
I get similar if I walk around too much quickly, I think it’s just everything stretching and moving. There’s a lot of real estate structural changes going on! 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.