Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Huge congrats neo! Hope baby neo is doing good x

on the topic of BF - can anyone recommend a good baby monitor
(going to reply here too with exactly the same 😂)

I would advise not spending too much. I've never spent more than £60 and have always had good ones!
We have this (first photo) at the moment. It's down to £40 at the minute. And it works perfectly 😊 had it for about 2 and a half years now.

We had the one in the second photo previously and was good too. That one is £60 at the minute 😊

Personal choice but I like having the actual monitor and not on a phone so I can look at it whenever/constantly.
Plus if your WiFi goes down, the ones on the phone won't work 😊

Attachments

Reactions: 5
Had midwife appointment this morning and got to listen to baby’s heartbeat 🥰

Had mentioned at booking appointment about my previous history with cin3 and having a lletz procedure in the past for it but the first midwife didn’t think it was a problem but now another one has decided to send me for a cervical scan. Has anyone had one before and how is it done? Is it just an ultrasound or internal scan?

They’ve said they’re full up on appointments and I need to go in on Monday, it’s the same day we’re having our 4D scan, is that okay?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Had midwife appointment this morning and got to listen to baby’s heartbeat 🥰

Had mentioned at booking appointment about my previous history with cin3 and having a lletz procedure in the past for it but the first midwife didn’t think it was a problem but now another one has decided to send me for a cervical scan. Has anyone had one before and how is it done? Is it just an ultrasound or internal scan?

They’ve said they’re full up on appointments and I need to go in on Monday, it’s the same day we’re having our 4D scan, is that okay?
Is it a cervical length scan? I’ve had a couple. It’s an internal scan where they measure the length of the cervix, I think they are looking to make sure it’s within the expected limits that they have (at 22 weeks I think I was told they have a 35mm threshold is what they look for it to be above.
Shouldn’t affect your 4D scan. But careful on timings as I got held up waiting for a doctor to look at the scan and review it with me - because they had some emergencies come in they had to triage. If you’re left waiting too long ask if it’s normal and get a phone consultation for later x

Reactions: 1
Is it a cervical length scan? I’ve had a couple. It’s an internal scan where they measure the length of the cervix, I think they are looking to make sure it’s within the expected limits that they have (at 22 weeks I think I was told they have a 35mm threshold is what they look for it to be above.
Shouldn’t affect your 4D scan. But careful on timings as I got held up waiting for a doctor to look at the scan and review it with me - because they had some emergencies come in they had to triage. If you’re left waiting too long ask if it’s normal and get a phone consultation for later x

I think it is yes. Thank you for the info x

Appointment is at 9am so should be okay to make it to 4D scan at 2.30 I would hope!

(going to reply here too with exactly the same 😂)

I would advise not spending too much. I've never spent more than £60 and have always had good ones!
We have this (first photo) at the moment. It's down to £40 at the minute. And it works perfectly 😊 had it for about 2 and a half years now.

We had the one in the second photo previously and was good too. That one is £60 at the minute 😊

Personal choice but I like having the actual monitor and not on a phone so I can look at it whenever/constantly.
Plus if your WiFi goes down, the ones on the phone won't work 😊
Thank you! Yes I prefer having stand alone monitor so I can still scroll 😂

I'm 13 weeks tomorrow going off my dates and have our first scan booked in Monday coming, 14th. We had a miscarriage in June at 7 weeks and I am SO ANXIOUS, I even put off going for an early scan to make sure everything is okay because I'm terrified of being told again "sorry, there's no heartbeat". I took 2 Ibuprofen the other day and have since realized they're not the best to take, I'm now panicking and worried I've done something to baby. I still have all my symptoms and belly is getting a bit bigger and bloated, I'm trying to enjoy it and take one day at a time but feel like I've been robbed of the happiness from our previous loss. Have been reading this thread and it's been a lifesaver; I don't know what the point of my comment is, but I know a lot of women are in the unfortunate same boat as me (ie. previous loss) 👼 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Huge congrats neo! Hope baby neo is doing good x

on the topic of BF - can anyone recommend a good baby monitor
We had the BT 6000 last time and I really rated it. So I’m thinking of buying it again but they’re so hard to settle on aren’t they!

I’m strictly no wifi for them too with the hacking reports x

I'm 13 weeks tomorrow going off my dates and have our first scan booked in Monday coming, 14th. We had a miscarriage in June at 7 weeks and I am SO ANXIOUS, I even put off going for an early scan to make sure everything is okay because I'm terrified of being told again "sorry, there's no heartbeat". I took 2 Ibuprofen the other day and have since realized they're not the best to take, I'm now panicking and worried I've done something to baby. I still have all my symptoms and belly is getting a bit bigger and bloated, I'm trying to enjoy it and take one day at a time but feel like I've been robbed of the happiness from our previous loss. Have been reading this thread and it's been a lifesaver; I don't know what the point of my comment is, but I know a lot of women are in the unfortunate same boat as me (ie. previous loss) 👼 💗
I was in a similar boat to you and I'm now 28 weeks. It's completely normal and understandable to feel like that after a previous loss, and there's been quite a few of us both on this current thread and on previous threads that have felt the exact same way. I won't say try not to worry- because I know that's a pointless and stupid thing to say because it feels like all you do is worry. What I will say is try go easy on yourself, take some time every day to do little things that make you feel better. I wouldn't stress about the ibuprofen, lots of women take medication/drink/take drugs etc before knowing they are pregnant, I think a once off is ok, you know now it's best to avoid ibuprofen for the moment and all any of us can do is our best ❤

Sending lots of love for you on Monday, and when you get to see wee baba it will make the stress seem worth it x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It’s honestly a minefield. I’d generally do a good bit of research before buying anything and try and get an nice balance between value for money and price. But iv my hands full now with this bundle of cuteness so happy to trust you lot!!! I didn’t anticipate needing one until I moved him out to his own room but he naps best in his bed up stairs so happy for him to do that while I get jobs done. By jobs I mean Netflix and tattle

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I was in a similar boat to you and I'm now 28 weeks. It's completely normal and understandable to feel like that after a previous loss, and there's been quite a few of us both on this current thread and on previous threads that have felt the exact same way. I won't say try not to worry- because I know that's a pointless and stupid thing to say because it feels like all you do is worry. What I will say is try go easy on yourself, take some time every day to do little things that make you feel better. I wouldn't stress about the ibuprofen, lots of women take medication/drink/take drugs etc before knowing they are pregnant, I think a once off is ok, you know now it's best to avoid ibuprofen for the moment and all any of us can do is our best ❤

Sending lots of love for you on Monday, and when you get to see wee baba it will make the stress seem worth it x
Thank you so much @Married2019 I had a little cry after reading your response, hormones! I can't wait to see little one, I'm excited but I know as soon as I lie down all those horrible memories will come back! So glad to hear you're doing well also 💗

Thank you so much @Married2019 I had a little cry after reading your response, hormones! I can't wait to see little one, I'm excited but I know as soon as I lie down all those horrible memories will come back! So glad to hear you're doing well also 💗
As strange as this sounds, the hormonal cry's are even a good sign so that's even more reassuring! I totally understand in terms of it being a potential trigger for bad memories, but just try focus on the positive aspect of it, i.e getting to see your baba for the first time and how that will make a new memory for you.

Best of luck for Monday lovely and make sure to fill us in on how the scan goes ❤

Reactions: 2
Sending you a massive hug. I am due any day now with my rainbow and the first trimester was hard. All you can do is take things day by day and remain as positive and hopeful as you can. Hope everything goes ok with you scan.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Baby Neo was born last night 🙂 she’s 4lbs 11oz and she was born at 34w5d.
She’s in NICU because she needs help with her breathing but she’s amazing x
Congratulations!! Hope you’re both doing well and enjoy🤗❤

My section is booked for Tuesday, eeeek!! Hoping baby girl comes on her own before then but feels really surreal, it’s only a few days away! Has anyone opted for a section instead of being induced? They tried to do a third sweep today and my cervix is still closed🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Sending you a massive hug. I am due any day now with my rainbow and the first trimester was hard. All you can do is take things day by day and remain as positive and hopeful as you can. Hope everything goes ok with you scan.
Thank you so much @Motherofpugs so nice to hear you'll have your rainbow with you very soon! Wishing you the best with the delivery, let us know when they're here! 💗

• Heart
Currently 29wks and I’m completely over work at this point 🤦🏻‍♀️. I’ll be finishing at Christmas at 35wks and I know it’s only 6 weeks away but it honestly feels like a lifetime.
I really have no reason to complain as work have been really flexible and let me WFH as much as I want. However, this is peak time for my industry and there’s a lot of in-office meetings coming up that I really I want to avoid. I just don’t have anything left to give and want to focus on being horizontal/the baby 🫠🫠

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Currently 29wks and I’m completely over work at this point 🤦🏻‍♀️. I’ll be finishing at Christmas at 35wks and I know it’s only 6 weeks away but it honestly feels like a lifetime.
I really have no reason to complain as work have been really flexible and let me WFH as much as I want. However, this is peak time for my industry and there’s a lot of in-office meetings coming up that I really I want to avoid. I just don’t have anything left to give and want to focus on being horizontal/the baby 🫠🫠
I feel the same, am 32 weeks and have 5 weeks left of work. Just ready to finish now, feel completely switched off from it.
Also really shouldn’t moan as I WFH full time so am very lucky I don’t have to commute etc but just want to fully focus on little miss coming now and get everything in order without the busy ness of work getting in the way 🙈

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.