Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i now know why pregnant women start losing it in the last few weeks lol. i'm 37+6 and there is NO SIGN of anything happening. the anxiety from just waiting around for something to happen is making my husband and i lose my mind. plus idiotic family & friends constantly asking me everyday how things are going, whether baby is here yet - duck off. if the baby was here you'd know.

just feels like i'm stuck in limbo. idk what i'll do if i go past my due date honestly.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
i now know why pregnant women start losing it in the last few weeks lol. i'm 37+6 and there is NO SIGN of anything happening. the anxiety from just waiting around for something to happen is making my husband and i lose my mind. plus idiotic family & friends constantly asking me everyday how things are going, whether baby is here yet - duck off. if the baby was here you'd know.

just feels like i'm stuck in limbo. idk what i'll do if i go past my due date honestly.
Haha hang in there!! Although this is exactly me just now. 41+1 and seriously losing the will😂 sure people think I’m going to have her in secret as well, it’s SOOOO annoying! People forget all about you too, all about is she here yet? Any sign of her? Well no not last time I checked, I’m fine thanks for asking🙄😂 absolutely sick of getting up to pee 3042 times during the night then taking over 2 hours to get back to sleep🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I found out 2 weeks ago, called the doctors and was told to go online and register on a website and someone would be in touch. I’ve since had a text message (!!!!) to say I’ve got an appointment with the midwife in a couple of weeks, when I’ll be 8 weeks.

I was expecting to be at least called in for a blood test to check I’m definitely pregnant.. anxiety brain talking what if I turn up to the midwife and there’s nothing in there 🤣

Bit disappointed so far really, no support or guidance in terms of what to do in case something goes wrong.

Also my first post here after lurking the last few weeks, it hasn’t hit me yet and I’m very anxious being so early, but hi everyone 👋
This is exactly the same as in my area, it does seem to vary where you live but can feel daunting at first especially with your first pregnancy just waiting weeks to speak to anyone. Congratulations ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I had a UTI basically the whole pregnancy with no symptoms! I kept having antibiotics and it would go and then come back next time my wee was tested. In the end they put me on long term antibiotics for the last 8 weeks or so. They also referred me for a kidney scan which I had at 37 weeks and they said they weren’t draining properly which apparently can happen in pregnancy and cause UTIs… I just googled it again as I couldn’t remember the name of what they said I had, hydronephrosis it was.
I also had one really swollen ankle and foot which again they said was linked to it as it was the kidney that was being blocked up the most xx
I actually remember you posting about this! Delighted it's resolved itself for you now though ❤

Yeah it's quite strange how you can have a UTI with no symptoms whereas previous UTI's have left me in bits, pregnancy doesn't make sense at times to me!

• Heart
Just been pram shopping - looking like the Cossatto Wow 2 is what we want. Anyone got one and got any experience of them? I really want the Fox pattern XD

What do you all do when rundown?
This cold has absolutely floored me in the last 24 hours and I think comfort eating some chocolate has gone against my stomach just to add to the pain ❌
Had about 3 hours sleep last night & called in sick for the first time in a year.
I’ve always had a weakened immune system so that on top of pregnancy has me really anxious about winter.
Sorry just a moan more than anything. I’m sure the little 👶🏼 is fine in here but it’s still so hard not to worry! I’m guessing some lemon & honey can’t do any harm? Going to try a warm bath later and see if the steam helps too.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This cold has absolutely floored me in the last 24 hours and I think comfort eating some chocolate has gone against my stomach just to add to the pain ❌
Had about 3 hours sleep last night & called in sick for the first time in a year.
I’ve always had a weakened immune system so that on top of pregnancy has me really anxious about winter.
Sorry just a moan more than anything. I’m sure the little 👶🏼 is fine in here but it’s still so hard not to worry! I’m guessing some lemon & honey can’t do any harm? Going to try a warm bath later and see if the steam helps too.
Hey, are you me? I’ve also called in sick for the first time in about a year with a horrible cold this week! Make sure you keep drinking - I chose to nap rather than drink yesterday and felt so awful when I woke up. I‘ve had a couple of paracetamol here and there but nothing else because I’m not sure what else I can take :/

• Heart
Hey, are you me? I’ve also called in sick for the first time in about a year with a horrible cold this week! Make sure you keep drinking - I chose to nap rather than drink yesterday and felt so awful when I woke up. I‘ve had a couple of paracetamol here and there but nothing else because I’m not sure what else I can take :/
Haha oh no, it must be doing the rounds!
Honestly makes you feel crap doesn't it? I felt rough with covid last Christmas but somehow this feels worse in a different way.
Oh no, will make sure I keep on top of the drinks! Yeah I had some last night which helped me fall asleep but the ones I've taken today haven't made much difference so probably won't bother again.
I saw online Vicks seemed to be safe but I'm so paranoid I don't want to risk it 🤦‍♀️ Although I'm sure there's been far worse on people's skin during pregnancy!

Poor you 😩 it’s awful isn’t it - hot ribena and prarcetamol and rest is about all you can do xx

Reactions: 2
Haha oh no, it must be doing the rounds!
Honestly makes you feel crap doesn't it? I felt rough with covid last Christmas but somehow this feels worse in a different way.
Oh no, will make sure I keep on top of the drinks! Yeah I had some last night which helped me fall asleep but the ones I've taken today haven't made much difference so probably won't bother again.
I saw online Vicks seemed to be safe but I'm so paranoid I don't want to risk it 🤦‍♀️ Although I'm sure there's been far worse on people's skin during pregnancy!
Yeah, it’s not pleasant. There’s a lot going around atm! There’s so much conflicting information - one website said Phenylepidrine (Sudafed) was fine but cold and flu tablets weren’t so I’ve avoided it. Which is horrid because I always get sinus neuralgia when I get a cold and a decongestant is the only thing that works.

• Heart
At today's antenatal class I found out that forceps are to pull the baby out from INSIDE YOU 😱 I thought they only got used once the head was out 🙈

• Sick
Reactions: 4
At today's antenatal class I found out that forceps are to pull the baby out from INSIDE YOU 😱 I thought they only got used once the head was out 🙈
Presumably for this reason, forceps deliveries usually involve an episiotomy (to get the forceps in I guess). I'm not sure I'd ever given it much proper thought before I had a forceps delivery haha! I feel like I had a pretty straightforward recovery despite the episiotomy and forceps, just to reassure anyone worrying about a possible assisted birth!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Has anyone bought a bedside crib yet? I thought I’d make the most of the Black Friday sales and order a Snuzpod. It’s came today and I’ve read only good things but then I spoke to a new mum a couple of days ago who said she was told not to buy one as they aren’t recommended! I’m just a bit concerned now even though they have great reviews.

I suppose we will always hear different views!

Presumably for this reason, forceps deliveries usually involve an episiotomy (to get the forceps in I guess). I'm not sure I'd ever given it much proper thought before I had a forceps delivery haha! I feel like I had a pretty straightforward recovery despite the episiotomy and forceps, just to reassure anyone worrying about a possible assisted birth!
A friend had forceps delivery with her son, small tear and an episiotomy and she said it has all healed fine which is good to know because I am extremely nervous about tearing. I just didn't know they went inside you and now I do, it feels kind of obvious! 🙈

Has anyone bought a bedside crib yet? I thought I’d make the most of the Black Friday sales and order a Snuzpod. It’s came today and I’ve read only good things but then I spoke to a new mum a couple of days ago who said she was told not to buy one as they aren’t recommended! I’m just a bit concerned now even though they have great reviews.

I've never heard that about the Snuzpod! Is it possible she was confusing it with a Sleepyhead?! We borrowed my cousin's Snuzpod for my first son and will be borrowing it again this time around, just need to buy a new mattress for it.

I’ve got a snuzpod4 and I’ve only heard good things! I did a lot of research and I think it just comes down to preference

Really?? We had one for our last baby and it was great!
I went for the schnuggle this time - had £50 off on mamas and papas. Xx

my SIL has a snuzpod and is going to lend it to us when her baby has grown out of it. I looked into some other bedside cribs and they all seemed sort of similar to me, with small differences like being able to elevate one end for reflux, rocking or not, how much you can adjust the height etc. Seems a bit odd someone told her not to get one as they feel quite widely used.

If I remember rightly from when I had my first 6 years ago, there was a safety issue with the original snuzpod, and possibly a product recall.
However, I think they're on version 4? now, and they've made big changes to the design since the original version.

We got the snuzpod4 as well. Had not heard any bad things about it myself.. hopefully that person is just mixed up with something else

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.