Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a question about being prescribed aspirin. I went to pick up omeperazole prescription and there was an aspirin prescription waiting for me that has never been mentioned to me. On the box it says take from week 12 until delivery. I'm 17 weeks. I'm miffed I wasnt told I was to take it or that I had a prescription, but also upon googling it seems it's for people at risk of high blood pressure? Yet at my last two appointments my blood pressure was low. My BMI was a little on the high side at booking so I honestly feel it's like it's just been a case of oh you're fat you're probably at risk of high blood pressure here's some aspirin. Maybe I'm being over sensitive? I did try contact my midwife to ask today but she didn't get back to me and now won't be able to speak to her until Monday. Should I hold off taking it or would yous start taking it in the meantime?

If it was me, I would probably wait until I've double checked with the midwife. I'm on aspirin and have been throughout most of my pregnancy. I had a chat with a doctor at my 12wk scan who explained why I was being prescribed it (risk of high BP and family history of pre eclampsia, even though I'm currently ok🤞..) so if you've just been given a box without being told why, I'd be inclined to wait and confirm before starting to take it, if I was in your situation

Reactions: 3
I have a question about being prescribed aspirin. I went to pick up omeperazole prescription and there was an aspirin prescription waiting for me that has never been mentioned to me. On the box it says take from week 12 until delivery. I'm 17 weeks. I'm miffed I wasnt told I was to take it or that I had a prescription, but also upon googling it seems it's for people at risk of high blood pressure? Yet at my last two appointments my blood pressure was low. My BMI was a little on the high side at booking so I honestly feel it's like it's just been a case of oh you're fat you're probably at risk of high blood pressure here's some aspirin. Maybe I'm being over sensitive? I did try contact my midwife to ask today but she didn't get back to me and now won't be able to speak to her until Monday. Should I hold off taking it or would yous start taking it in the meantime?
I wouldn’t take until you speak to someone but I at 70kgs was put on aspirin too based purely on family history! They didn’t even take my BP. I started around week 18 and finished at week 36. I did basic research at the time and all was safe but I was very annoyed at the time too. Don’t take it personally. I delivered a very healthy big baby 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Anyone suffer from leg cramps? I had them super early on and now they’ve started again (20 weeks). Think I’m getting a cold too, sneezed about 50 times yesterday and woken up with a blocked nose.

also feeling down about how big I am :( I just can’t stop eating 😞 I’ve always suffered with my weight and was in a pretty “average” place before pregnancy and feel so guilty for eating so much crap but I don’t have the energy to cook meals really, I’m exhausted by 6pm still and never got the burst of energy promised. Being anaemic has really knocked me. Got a scan on Tuesday though and at least get to find out whether mini muffin is s boy or s girl and praying everything is ok with the baby and I don’t get tit about my size.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Anyone suffer from leg cramps? I had them super early on and now they’ve started again (20 weeks). Think I’m getting a cold too, sneezed about 50 times yesterday and woken up with a blocked nose.

also feeling down about how big I am :( I just can’t stop eating 😞 I’ve always suffered with my weight and was in a pretty “average” place before pregnancy and feel so guilty for eating so much crap but I don’t have the energy to cook meals really, I’m exhausted by 6pm still and never got the burst of energy promised. Being anaemic has really knocked me. Got a scan on Tuesday though and at least get to find out whether mini muffin is s boy or s girl and praying everything is ok with the baby and I don’t get tit about my size.
You won't get any tit about your size, don't worry 😊
My first pregnancy, I had a bmi of 56 and it was never mentioned apart from 1 midwife 😊
Pregnancy won't be forever and it's more important that your eat, regardless of what it is 😊

I got prescribed aspirin in my first and second pregnancy simply down to weight. No family history and never had a single high blood pressure reading in my life.
I fact, my blood pressure has always been quite low!

They also put you on it if you've had a previous miscarriage 😊 or that was one reason in my case at least

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Are you taking iron supplements for your anaemia?

I would give yourself a bit of a break about the food right now, I’ve only just reached the point where I have energy to prepare meals and I’m not ravenous through the day, I’m 25 weeks tomorrow. It’s hard watching your body change especially if you think what you’re eating is contributing to it in a negative way but what you weigh and look like aren’t static, they are very changeable characteristics of a human so just remember you’re riding a wave of change at the moment, in 9 months time your body will be very different.

I remember being pregnant the first time round and finally being happy because my body was doing something it was designed to do and looked that way too after years of being conditioned to hate it I finally liked it 😂 it was refreshing!

Reactions: 4

Do not feel down! I survived on sausage rolls and jelly babies. He came out looking like both 💙

• Haha
Reactions: 12

I've started suffering with leg cramps (32 weeks) in the past week or so. I'm sick of waking up in the middle of the night in pain and my husband is sick of me waking him up and him thinking I've gone into labour 😂

Don't feel down about your size, your body is doing a wonderful job right now 💜

God I’ve only been awake 20 minutes and came across some of the news in Ukraine and haven’t stopped crying since 🙉
I’ve felt so wobbly the last few days paranoid about going to the 21 week scan next month and something being wrong so my partner has agreed we should go for a private one just to settle my anxiety a little & hopefully we can find out the gender too 🤞🏼
I never felt like this before the 12 week one, has anyone else been the same?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
thanks everyone for your comments, I think because I’ve had such a difficult relationship with food in my life it’s messing with my head. I’m pretty ravenous and have been since my nausea went. Doesn’t help I was at a work dinner on Thursday and everyone was wasted and dolled up and I looked like an unfun blimp (only three people there know I’m pregnant) which just reinforces it

Are you taking iron supplements for your anaemia?

I would give yourself a bit of a break about the food right now, I’ve only just reached the point where I have energy to prepare meals and I’m not ravenous through the day, I’m 25 weeks tomorrow. It’s hard watching your body change especially if you think what you’re eating is contributing to it in a negative way but what you weigh and look like aren’t static, they are very changeable characteristics of a human so just remember you’re riding a wave of change at the moment, in 9 months time your body will be very different.

I remember being pregnant the first time round and finally being happy because my body was doing something it was designed to do and looked that way too after years of being conditioned to hate it I finally liked it 😂 it was refreshing!
Yeah I’ve got supplements which def have helped, I would say I still find “normal” days tough. I know everyone is different but for contrast, a lot of women still work out during pregnancy and there is absolutely no way I could work out for more than 5 mins without getting out of breath and exhausted. I had to run through a (small) airport yesterday and I think that’s what caused me to be really rundown, I lose my breath really quickly and feel faint easily.

thanks, it makes me feel a lot better hearing that :) I also don’t look pregnant, just fat 😂 if I had an actual obvious bump I would probably feel different but now I just look like I’ve eaten too many pies which tbf is probably true anyway 😂

I had bad leg cramps most nights when pregnant to the point where once Mr Rita though I was in labour I was screaming so bad 😂😂😂 Haven’t had them since

• Haha
thanks everyone for your comments, I think because I’ve had such a difficult relationship with food in my life it’s messing with my head. I’m pretty ravenous and have been since my nausea went. Doesn’t help I was at a work dinner on Thursday and everyone was wasted and dolled up and I looked like an unfun blimp (only three people there know I’m pregnant) which just reinforces it

Yeah I’ve got supplements which def have helped, I would say I still find “normal” days tough. I know everyone is different but for contrast, a lot of women still work out during pregnancy and there is absolutely no way I could work out for more than 5 mins without getting out of breath and exhausted. I had to run through a (small) airport yesterday and I think that’s what caused me to be really rundown, I lose my breath really quickly and feel faint easily.

thanks, it makes me feel a lot better hearing that :) I also don’t look pregnant, just fat 😂 if I had an actual obvious bump I would probably feel different but now I just look like I’ve eaten too many pies which tbf is probably true anyway 😂
Before my most recent pregnancy, I used to work out 5 times a week. As soon as I got pregnant, I couldn't even get up the stairs without having to stop at the top to catch my breath!
It never changed throughout the whole pregnancy!

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Honestly you might not show for a little while longer, you just lose your waist and look chunkier which is annoying. Nothing lasts forever though, your body changes week to week - as with childhood everything in pregnancy is a bit of a phase on the whole.(but yes it does hit the ego when your reflection isn’t what you relate to!) Chin up lass x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4

I feel in the same boat as you - always struggled with my weight and with this pregnancy I’m not sure if it’s bump or tummy and feel really self conscious showing it, but also it’s getting too big to hide (even at 15 weeks)
And with the getting breathless thing, remember that baby is taking up physical space in your body where your organs would normally be, and your heart has to work even harder to pump blood round because it has to make it to baby too! It’s totally normal to feel tired and breathless because of all this

@themuffinwoman I feel ya love. Totally.

I’ve never been massively slim but always had a “good” figure and like others worked out most days of the week. Ran a marathon in May and at the start of the year had a run streak of 65+ days. I’ve always struggled with disordered eating/over exercising and body image so I’m finding the change in weight distribution really hard too. I finally admitted defeat on “proper” exercising a few weeks ago and I feel like a complete slob. If I’m not getting sweaty for 40 minutes+ my brain says it’s pointless so things like pregnancy yoga and swimming in a pool for 20 minutes slowly do nothing for my mental health. I’m already looking forward to going back to the gym post baby and that makes me feel really sad to say 😐 not to mention anxious that it’s going to be at least late May next year before it happens! Plus also guilty that I’ll be prioritising my body over spending time with my baby…

I got a dress for my Christmas party from vinted delivered yesterday and it doesn’t fit over my arms - the rest of it is perfect but the arms are a sheer fabric and just too tight to go over the top of them. It was possibly a slightly ambitious size admittedly as it’s the size I was post marathon but a maternity brand so I expected it to be fine. I’m 22 weeks today and I feel like I just look like a blimp, not pregnant just been indulging way too much. I can’t see how I’ll ever “look” pregnant and not just fat (even though all of us after about 18 weeks have a bump!).

Just trying to ride that wave as best I can atm. I had to stop reading Runners World and using running Instagram because whilst there’s a lot of inspiring mums who look fab and run amazingly there’s also a lot of women who run up to day X of their pregnancy and/or look absolutely amazing with a 6 pack and a tidy little bump at 8 months and it was destroying me.

Before my most recent pregnancy, I used to work out 5 times a week. As soon as I got pregnant, I couldn't even get up the stairs without having to stop at the top to catch my breath!
It never changed throughout the whole pregnancy!
I’m a personal trainer and I have been training 6 days a week for years and years and I can tell you I have been a slob most of my pregnancy apart from work and having to demonstrate! I always told myself I’d train until I dropped HA how wrong I was 😂😂😂😂😂 I’m attempting to go back Monday but I know my limits and if I can’t then it’s totally okay. We’re growing humans at the end of the day x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Found out today I’m having a little BOY 😍🥰 and he was so proud to show us he was a boy he had his legs wide open for potty shot🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 28
You won't get any tit about your size, don't worry 😊
My first pregnancy, I had a bmi of 56 and it was never mentioned apart from 1 midwife 😊
Pregnancy won't be forever and it's more important that your eat, regardless of what it is 😊

I got prescribed aspirin in my first and second pregnancy simply down to weight. No family history and never had a single high blood pressure reading in my life.
I fact, my blood pressure has always been quite low!

They also put you on it if you've had a previous miscarriage 😊 or that was one reason in my case at least
I can second this about prescribed aspirin! I was put on it from 12 weeks, no family history, first pregnancy, never had an issue with high blood pressure but my BMI is 34, I’m sure my midwife said it’s to prevent preeclampsia!

Reactions: 1
Hey I don’t know if anyone can help me I’m totally lost here.. I’m 29 wks pregnant 1 wk ago I had very sulphur burps and my tummy was sore and i was sick.. on Tuesday it happened again but I couldn’t keep anything down what so ever and on Thursday I was admitted to hospital for fluids. I explained everything and they kind of were treating the dehydration just. So then I discovered I have GD too I was discharged last night and in the middle of the night I was sick again. It feels like someone is blowing me up under my boobs and I’m gona explode and I still have the smelly sulphur burps has anyone had this? I’m obvs convinced I’m dying fs

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Must be the day for boys today! Found out we’re expecting a little guy over here too 😍💙

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.