Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WhatABore

VIP Member
And has anyone else only had a midwife appointment at 8 weeks then had to wait until 20/21 weeks until they see them again? It’s my first pregnancy and I feel like it’s such a long time!
You should have one at 16 weeks, scan between 18 and 21 weeks and then a 25 week midwife appointment if it's your first.

I'd call up and query it 😊

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
On baby monitors we use the Blink system from Amazon, it ties up with all our cameras around the house and doorbell in the same
App. It’s really good, there’s a two-way microphone on it too.

PunkRocker

VIP Member
Have a nice soak in the bath before you go! I French plaited my hair too as I knew I wouldn't be up to washing it after birth for a couple of days. Take plenty to do in the hospital because it can be a long process for some people. Hope it goes well ❤
Ooh a bath is a good idea. I was going to jump in the shower but I do like a day bath, it feels indulgent 😂
I've got a few books on the Kindle and a crime puzzle book that I'm buzzing to get started on 😬

WhatABore

VIP Member
Another day another question… coming up 21 weeks now. Had quite a few short sharp shooting pains to the left hand side quite low down. Isn’t happening when I’m moving around… so wasn’t sure if it was round ligament! Anyone had similar? Is this a concern?
Sounds like round ligament to me 😊

fairylights2000

VIP Member
Had the worst nightmare 😭 woke up to him kicking the life out of me as if to say mam I’m fine don’t worry 😂 god pregnancy is a bloody rollercoaster
Same I woke up from a really vivid dream to realise he'd been kicking me solidly for about an hour or two! Stopped as soon as I got up for breakfast I guess he was hungry 😂

Motherofpugs

Chatty Member
First time posting I'm 24 weeks tomorrow
At my 20 week scan they said baby was on 10th centile but femur just below 5th centile I've been worried sick for the last 4 weeks after googling it not being seen by consultant until 32 weeks for scan has anyone else experienced this x
I had the same in my first pregnancy with my sons femur measuring at 5th centile on two growth scans. I like you googled and made myself worried sick about it. Ended up having a chat with the consultant who was so reassuring and told me not to worry about the measurement at all although I still did. It put such a dark cloud over the end of my pregnancy and as soon as he was born I wanted to check his legs 🤦🏻‍♀️ He was absolutely fine by the way - his legs were completely normal proportion and he’s now a healthy average height almost 3 year old. I declined growth scans this pregnancy because of the worry they caused.

WotsitG1

VIP Member
Has anyone done the appointments at John Lewis? I saw someone mention you get a discount if you book an appointment with them…. But do you have to order stuff that day to get the discount… or do they give you time to have a think before ordering?

Random but has anyone been to the dentist while pregnant without the medical exemption certificate? I don’t have mine yet but worried they won’t take my word for it

Daisydunn15

VIP Member
That's half the reason I'm going back - I can't afford to lose the extra pay (I'd have to pay over £5k back!)

I'm going back for three months, on the agreement with my partner that if I really hate it, I can hand in my notice after that period and look for something else if I want to.
I think I'm going to move to agency nursing or a private hospital purely for the money. I'm sick of having too much responsibility and not enough pay and I don't want to be checking my emails on my days off, I just want to make the most money I can with the least amount of stress!

miaaaa

Not sure if this is the right place to go, but may as well give a go. I’m worried I might b pregnant (don’t really want to be, sorry if insensitive:(im 18), don’t think it’s very likely but the irrational part of my brain is panicking. Picked up some tests to do in the morning, but am on a medication that I’ve read has the potential to cause false positive, although probably unlikely. I’m scared of this happening and not being able to tell if a potential positive is real or not and getting really stressed about it for no reason. Not sure whether to take the test or not.
Take the test!! It's the only way to put your mind at rest. I had my girl at 16 so I can relate to the anxiety, remember you have options though! I hope you're OK x

loveanatter

VIP Member
Huge congrats neo! Hope baby neo is doing good x

on the topic of BF - can anyone recommend a good baby monitor
We had the BT 6000 last time and I really rated it. So I’m thinking of buying it again but they’re so hard to settle on aren’t they!

I’m strictly no wifi for them too with the hacking reports x

Has anyone bought a bedside crib yet? I thought I’d make the most of the Black Friday sales and order a Snuzpod. It’s came today and I’ve read only good things but then I spoke to a new mum a couple of days ago who said she was told not to buy one as they aren’t recommended! I’m just a bit concerned now even though they have great reviews.

I suppose we will always hear different views!

Has anyone done the appointments at John Lewis? I saw someone mention you get a discount if you book an appointment with them…. But do you have to order stuff that day to get the discount… or do they give you time to have a think before ordering?
We did one a couple of weeks ago. Sign up to a John Lewis account in advance (free) and as someone else has said they send you codes after. We didn't feel any pressure to buy anything on the day and didn't but they send a list of the things we'd liked etc and so we then did an order online using the discount code. I found it extremely informative and would highly recommend!

Nayalove96

VIP Member
Anyone else getting quite a lot of pains? 30 weeks tomorrow and they’re quite comfortable but he’s still moving as normal!

WotsitG1

VIP Member
Anyone else experienced a really sore tummy most the time. Even when I can go to loo… my tummy feels sore and almost bruised!! I’m 18+3

WotsitG1

VIP Member
I’m having my first baby and have an anterior placenta, I don’t think I’d really felt anything before 20ws. I had the odd bubble/flutter like feeling before then of maybe it’s baby or maybe just my stomach lol… but I don’t think I really felt 100% sure it was baby until 23ws.
Thanks. This is exactly how I’m feeling atm!! Feels like lots going on in there but feels like tummy/gas atm!! The apps keep coming up with you should start to feel baby and Iv been worrying!!

pink_lemonade

Chatty Member
Ok I know Iv asked before likely but anterior placenta… when did you feel first movements…. I’m 19 weeks and don’t think Iv felt anything yet. Having a panic with 20 week scan coming up
Please don’t panic, I completely understand that’s easier said then done!
I was exactly the same, anterior placenta, I didn’t feel movement until 22 weeks, im 24 now and it’s mostly on my left side! Speak to your nurse about it at your scan, mine was really reassuring! Remember baby is still small at 19 weeks!

WotsitG1

VIP Member
20 weeks now and everyday I seem to have a sore tummy.. but more below boobs/upper tummy. Feels bruised almost. Anyone else experienced this?

Hushpuppy

VIP Member
All this talks about jabs, my GP keeps sending me texts telling me to have my flu and whooping cough, but I thought it had to be after 16 weeks. Is this correct or have I made it up? I'm 13 weeks today x