Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone end up going on mat leave super early? My PGP is just horrific and I'm struggling like really struggling. I'm maybe getting 2 hours sleep a night and it's undoubtedly having a massive impact on my work. I'm wondering if I should take mat leave as early as I can as I won't get paid for being off sick.

My mental health has spiralled all I can think is how I'm letting everyone down including my child.
How early are you talking? could you use any accrued holiday to give yourself a week to try and recoup?

Ok I know Iv asked before likely but anterior placenta… when did you feel first movements…. I’m 19 weeks and don’t think Iv felt anything yet. Having a panic with 20 week scan coming up
I’m having my first baby and have an anterior placenta, I don’t think I’d really felt anything before 20ws. I had the odd bubble/flutter like feeling before then of maybe it’s baby or maybe just my stomach lol… but I don’t think I really felt 100% sure it was baby until 23ws.

Reactions: 1
I’m having my first baby and have an anterior placenta, I don’t think I’d really felt anything before 20ws. I had the odd bubble/flutter like feeling before then of maybe it’s baby or maybe just my stomach lol… but I don’t think I really felt 100% sure it was baby until 23ws.
Thanks. This is exactly how I’m feeling atm!! Feels like lots going on in there but feels like tummy/gas atm!! The apps keep coming up with you should start to feel baby and Iv been worrying!!

Had the worst nightmare 😭 woke up to him kicking the life out of me as if to say mam I’m fine don’t worry 😂 god pregnancy is a bloody rollercoaster
Same I woke up from a really vivid dream to realise he'd been kicking me solidly for about an hour or two! Stopped as soon as I got up for breakfast I guess he was hungry 😂

Ok I know Iv asked before likely but anterior placenta… when did you feel first movements…. I’m 19 weeks and don’t think Iv felt anything yet. Having a panic with 20 week scan coming up
I have a posterior placenta and even with that, only felt bubbles at 19 weeks but not proper movements until 20 then I’d say the big kicks only started about 23-24…27 weeks tomorrow and she has no pattern yet.

Did anyone end up going on mat leave super early? My PGP is just horrific and I'm struggling like really struggling. I'm maybe getting 2 hours sleep a night and it's undoubtedly having a massive impact on my work. I'm wondering if I should take mat leave as early as I can as I won't get paid for being off sick.

My mental health has spiralled all I can think is how I'm letting everyone down including my child.
I'm starting mat leave (well annual leave but not coming back) at Christmas (33 weeks) because I've had it with work mentally. Feel ok physically at the moment but who knows as he gets bigger. Hope you can work something out and get a rest.

I didn't feel anything until 22/23ish weeks, very light movements that if I wasn't pregnant I would have assumed it was muscle twitches or gas. Good luck for your scan.

Please don’t panic, I completely understand that’s easier said then done!
I was exactly the same, anterior placenta, I didn’t feel movement until 22 weeks, im 24 now and it’s mostly on my left side! Speak to your nurse about it at your scan, mine was really reassuring! Remember baby is still small at 19 weeks!

6 weeks, almost 7, and the nausea is unreal. It goes away if I snack at sometbing but I can’t keep eating as I’ll finish the pregnancy like a whale! I haven’t been sick, just feel sooo sick. I’d rather throw up than feel like this!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Baby biscuit arrived this morning, just after 7am weighing 6lb 12oz.

I didn't get my section. They decided that as I was only experiencing period type pains they would admit me to the ward, and do the section at 8.30 this morning. Withing 15 minutes of arriving on the ward I was in full blown labour, so I was moved to delivery.

We ended up having the kiwi cup to help her out, because her heart rate was dipping and not recovering, so I've got a few stitches, but we're both doing well.

Oh, and it turns out, these people who say they heard their waters go are telling the truth. I heard a noise and felt a popping sensation.🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 42
My first pregnancy I felt nothing til WK 28!!! Anterior placenta. At the 20wk scan doctor said 3 reasons why I was feeling nothing: it was my first pregnancy, anterior placenta and baby was 1lb2oz and you'd feel nothing til at least 1lb5oz. She said I should feel something by wk23, still nothing so back in I went and all was ok. Week 28 I got my first kick. She's now a beautiful healthy toddler.

Random but has anyone been to the dentist while pregnant without the medical exemption certificate? I don’t have mine yet but worried they won’t take my word for it

Like 29 weeks as soon as I can... I've got a few weeks of annual leave left but doctor wants me to go off sick.. but I won't get paid so feel very stuck ATM.
If you go off sick with a pregnancy related thing, they can start your mat leave anyway.

I started maternity at 29 weeks, simply because I wasn't returning anyway 😂
(I was struggling though, I was dizzy constantly and my job was on my feet for 12 hours a day)

Baby biscuit arrived this morning, just after 7am weighing 6lb 12oz.

I didn't get my section. They decided that as I was only experiencing period type pains they would admit me to the ward, and do the section at 8.30 this morning. Withing 15 minutes of arriving on the ward I was in full blown labour, so I was moved to delivery.

We ended up having the kiwi cup to help her out, because her heart rate was dipping and not recovering, so I've got a few stitches, but we're both doing well.

Oh, and it turns out, these people who say they heard their waters go are telling the truth. I heard a noise and felt a popping sensation.🥴
Holy moly Congratulations! Off to Google a kiwi cup but hope all is okay and you and she are getting on famously xxx

Random but has anyone been to the dentist while pregnant without the medical exemption certificate? I don’t have mine yet but worried they won’t take my word for it
How far along are you?

I'm not sure how you'd go about it really as I've always been asked for proof

Think it depends on your dentist mine just got me to fill a form in and weren't fussed that I didn't have the certificate

Reactions: 2
12 weeks, they have just taken my word for it for prescriptions but don’t know if the dentist would be as lenient
The midwife who did my booking appointment emailed me my exemption certificate as soon as the appointment ended - can you contact the maternity team and get it emailed to you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.