Pregnancy #42 the only place where vomiting down yourself isn’t frowned upon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The midwife who did my booking appointment emailed me my exemption certificate as soon as the appointment ended - can you contact the maternity team and get it emailed to you?
They said the same to me but I never received it I called up but as I’m seeing a different midwife for my next appointment they said to ask her at my next appointment and she would sort it then

Reactions: 1
They said the same to me but I never received it I called up but as I’m seeing a different midwife for my next appointment they said to ask her at my next appointment and she would sort it then
I'm not sure if it's the same for dentists, but if you have to pay for a prescription but are exempt you can ask for a form that you can complete to get a refund. Perhaps look into that before you see the dentist in case they don't take your word for it and you need to get a refund on payment once you have your exemption certificate?

Edit - here's the details, you can ask for form FP64 if they make you pay, but you have to ask for it on the day 🙂

Last edited:
  • Heart
If one more person asks about my symptoms then replies "it's only going to get worse" I swear to god 🤬

Reactions: 9
If one more person asks about my symptoms then replies "it's only going to get worse" I swear to god 🤬
I’ll join you. Likewise with anyone who says “ohh you’ve got lots more fun to come!” Or “well that’ll be worse when you’ve got a child to think about too!” When I moan about anything 👍🏻

Reactions: 6
I’ll join you. Likewise with anyone who says “ohh you’ve got lots more fun to come!” Or “well that’ll be worse when you’ve got a child to think about too!” When I moan about anything 👍🏻
I keep getting 'oh well you chose to have 4! 🖕🏻🖕🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I keep getting 'oh well you chose to have 4! 🖕🏻🖕🏻
Honestly they can all get effed. You know how many people have told me the awful stories of birth and raising children? So many I can’t count. You know who’s told me anything good about having kids? One of my work colleagues. ONE. When I first told her she told me with a massive smile on her face how much joy her kids bring her even when they’re being ‘difficult’ and how it’s a change but for the better.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Random but has anyone been to the dentist while pregnant without the medical exemption certificate? I don’t have mine yet but worried they won’t take my word for it
I had a dental appt when i was about 6 / 7 weeks. I told them I was pregnant and my due date and they were happy enough to see me and take my word for it. Might be worthwhile giving your dentist a ring to clarify? X

• Heart
Honestly they can all get effed. You know how many people have told me the awful stories of birth and raising children? So many I can’t count. You know who’s told me anything good about having kids? One of my work colleagues. ONE. When I first told her she told me with a massive smile on her face how much joy her kids bring her even when they’re being ‘difficult’ and how it’s a change but for the better.
I told a friend who then went on to tell me absolutely horrific birthing story that I won't repeat here. Like, obviously I know people go through stuff like that but you like to stay positive don't you 😂

Sorry this is a huge word vomit and I just need to it out somewhere 🙈

My anxiety is high today 😔 my section is booked for 39 weeks and people (consultants and midwives) keep on telling me how I won't get that far. The consultant said she was going to try and get it moved earlier and I've got an appointment this week with her so I guess I'll find out then if she has been successful.

Seeing people on here and in real life not making it to their section dates and going through natural labour is absolutely freaking me out. I knew that there was a risk I would go into natural labour but I think I've been ignoring how much of a possibility it is and just keep thinking "I'll get my section, I'll be fine".

But it's like I've had a reality check today and I need to seriously start considering a natural labour (as much as I don't want one and don't think mentally I could get through one). I feel stupid for having buried my head in the sand for 32 weeks and could have been researching and preparing myself mentally.

So do I start buying the raspberry leaf tea stuff that people swear by? Is that going to bring on a natural labour or will it just make my labour better if I do go naturally? Should I look into hypnobirthing? Is there anything else I'm missing???

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Forgive my ignorance but I’m just intrigued to know for you ladies with planned c sections, do you get the choice of one because of a previous unplanned one? Or pregnancy complications? or do you just have to choice to opt for one? I have an irrational fear of my baby not being able to fit out of me because I have small and narrow hips 😂😂

Forgive my ignorance but I’m just intrigued to know for you ladies with planned c sections, do you get the choice of one because of a previous unplanned one? Or pregnancy complications? or do you just have to choice to opt for one? I have an irrational fear of my baby not being able to fit out of me because I have small and narrow hips 😂😂
I had an emergency section last time along with some complications. Physically I can have a natural birth but it's more mentally for me. I mentioned a section at my booking appointment this time round and it's never been questioned and everyone I've spoken to have been really supportive about it

Reactions: 2
Like 29 weeks as soon as I can... I've got a few weeks of annual leave left but doctor wants me to go off sick.. but I won't get paid so feel very stuck ATM.
I would take your annual leave (you’re not going to use it anyway) see how you feel after that and reassess. Sending lots of love, it’s so tough!

• Heart
Sorry this is a huge word vomit and I just need to it out somewhere 🙈

My anxiety is high today 😔 my section is booked for 39 weeks and people (consultants and midwives) keep on telling me how I won't get that far. The consultant said she was going to try and get it moved earlier and I've got an appointment this week with her so I guess I'll find out then if she has been successful.

Seeing people on here and in real life not making it to their section dates and going through natural labour is absolutely freaking me out. I knew that there was a risk I would go into natural labour but I think I've been ignoring how much of a possibility it is and just keep thinking "I'll get my section, I'll be fine".

But it's like I've had a reality check today and I need to seriously start considering a natural labour (as much as I don't want one and don't think mentally I could get through one). I feel stupid for having buried my head in the sand for 32 weeks and could have been researching and preparing myself mentally.

So do I start buying the raspberry leaf tea stuff that people swear by? Is that going to bring on a natural labour or will it just make my labour better if I do go naturally? Should I look into hypnobirthing? Is there anything else I'm missing???
Honestly could've written this myself, I have had 2 natural births and an elective section. Got a section booked for 39+2 this time and currently 31 weeks.

Absolutely no shade at all but I also read DiscoBiscuit's messages today and said to my husband this will be me and had a little panic. It's already a panic I've been feeling myself as I've previously given birth at 36+6 and honestly have convinced myself that it's gonna be Christmas week for this one.

My biggest piece of advice would be to try and remain calm about it (haha easier said I know!!) And also maybe try and agree a plan with your consultant for if you do go into labour before your section date. So I've already said that the first sign/waters breaking then I'll be there asap and pushing for my section to be performed. (this isn't helped by the fact that I labour fast)

I find it helpful to understand the mechanics of labour, and find this information comes mostly from a hypnobrithing point of view. I in no way think it's the holy grail that many people do but I found a basic course really helpful in explaining exactly what my body/muscles would do and how this is beneficial to an effective labour and any tips you may use in order to help your body do this and not fight against it. ( Please understand I'm not preaching here or saying it'll make your labour easy, I had two natural births that didn't go as planned, hence the 3rd being a section, but find the knowledge calms me somewhat)

Other than that all I can suggest is keep speaking up about how you feel and trying to have a plan in place that eases your worries.

• Heart
Whenever anyone says something negative to you turn the feeling back on them saying “oh thanks for sharing that, I feel loads better now!” And see how they like it.
Ive got plenty of lovely stories of parenthood if you wanted more, I’m sure a lot of us do if it’s not our first time pregnant 💕

• Heart
I had an emergency section last time along with some complications. Physically I can have a natural birth but it's more mentally for me. I mentioned a section at my booking appointment this time round and it's never been questioned and everyone I've spoken to have been really supportive about it
Thank you for answering! So you’re allowed to opt for one because you had one last time I’m assuming? That’s really good that you’ve been supported through your decision as your mental is as important as your physical.

Going off NICE guidelines, everyone has the right to request (and be granted!) an elective section. If a consultant disagrees with you they have to refer you on to someone else until someone does agree essentially.

I had an elective for no. 3 following unresolved birth trauma from 1&2. (no. 3 was a genuine surprise and I realised very quickly that I couldn't face giving birth naturally) my section however wasn't granted until 38 weeks and I had her at exactly 39 weeks. This time round I mentioned at booking at 8 weeks that I wish to have an elective section again and had it agreed by a consultant, and the date booked, by 11 weeks. Which from hearing from other ladies this is very early to have a solid booked date.

• Wow
Going off NICE guidelines, everyone has the right to request (and be granted!) an elective section. If a consultant disagrees with you they have to refer you on to someone else until someone does agree essentially.

I had an elective for no. 3 following unresolved birth trauma from 1&2. (no. 3 was a genuine surprise and I realised very quickly that I couldn't face giving birth naturally) my section however wasn't granted until 38 weeks and I had her at exactly 39 weeks. This time round I mentioned at booking at 8 weeks that I wish to have an elective section again and had it agreed by a consultant, and the date booked, by 11 weeks. Which from hearing from other ladies this is very early to have a solid booked date.
Ah ok that’s interesting thank you! I’m blissfully ignorant about childbirth so I’m going into the whole situation blind basically. Only one of my friends has given birth, she had a virginal birth and she talks about it as if it was a breeze 😂. I can’t lie I think about it everyday and it does cause me a bit of anxiety but I don’t know if it’s better than I don’t know what I’m going in to?

A birth video popped up on Instagram earlier and now I’m traumatised 🤣 very graphic , seen everything, is it to late to back out?😂

• Haha
Honestly could've written this myself, I have had 2 natural births and an elective section. Got a section booked for 39+2 this time and currently 31 weeks.

Absolutely no shade at all but I also read DiscoBiscuit's messages today and said to my husband this will be me and had a little panic. It's already a panic I've been feeling myself as I've previously given birth at 36+6 and honestly have convinced myself that it's gonna be Christmas week for this one.

My biggest piece of advice would be to try and remain calm about it (haha easier said I know!!) And also maybe try and agree a plan with your consultant for if you do go into labour before your section date. So I've already said that the first sign/waters breaking then I'll be there asap and pushing for my section to be performed. (this isn't helped by the fact that I labour fast)

I find it helpful to understand the mechanics of labour, and find this information comes mostly from a hypnobrithing point of view. I in no way think it's the holy grail that many people do but I found a basic course really helpful in explaining exactly what my body/muscles would do and how this is beneficial to an effective labour and any tips you may use in order to help your body do this and not fight against it. ( Please understand I'm not preaching here or saying it'll make your labour easy, I had two natural births that didn't go as planned, hence the 3rd being a section, but find the knowledge calms me somewhat)

Other than that all I can suggest is keep speaking up about how you feel and trying to have a plan in place that eases your worries.
Thank you for your response and I'm so pleased (in a weird way) that I'm not the only one feeling like this!

Last time I went overdue so I don't have a history of labouring early but due to my blood pressure they are convinced I'll go early 🤷🏻‍♀️ even though I'm on blood pressure tablets and so far (touch wood) I'm in the "normal" bracket.

I have spoken with my husband and it definitely helped to get it out and he just said he feels really helpless because he doesn't know what to say or suggest.

I'm going to look at hypnobirthing stuff because I think it could potentially help, like you said, to understand how things work.

Fingers crossed we both get our sections 🤞🏻

• Heart
Anyone can request one, and they have to find someone who will say yes.

However, I requested one due to a 4th degree tear and a lot of trauma with my second and the first and second consultant refused me.
And I didn't have the confidence to fight for it!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.