Pregnancy #39 No hanky panky only kicks in the fa…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have any hospital bag recommendations please? Or must haves? Or things that you took but didn’t need?

basically, someone tell me what to do please 😂
My comment was really long so I’ve put it in spoilers for those who don’t want to read haha

Couple of big baggy tops, something to throw on to go home in, couple of nighties (button up if you plan on bf), massive pants, flip flops, bra (I just lived in the primark crop ones), snacks, long phone charger, water bottle, breast pads, LOADS of maternity pads, standard toiletries for a night away, a dark coloured towel

Other things I’m glad I had were
Pillow from home
Handheld fan - so good for labour and when I had a headache afterwards
The Robinson squash drops - I hate plain water
Headphones - to watch Netflix in peace
Eye mask - lights are super bright
Plastic bag - to put dirty washing in
Peri bottle - good to wash down there with stitches and soreness
Lip balm - gas and air makes your lips super dry
Flannel - scrubbed everything off post labour and binned
Hair bobbles!

I took nipple cream I didn’t use as didn’t bf in the end and the disposable pants which I tried and hated.

Baby wise I took newborn and 0-3 clothes and the bigger ones absolutely drowned her (she was 7lb 1).
Put baby’s first outfit in a separate bag so your OH can grab it quickly when needed (with a nappy, vest, sleepsuit and hat.)
Nappies, wipes (or cotton wool) and nappy bags.
Pre made formula with teets if needed
A few muslins and couple of spare hats
Blanket

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My comment was really long so I’ve put it in spoilers for those who don’t want to read haha

Couple of big baggy tops, something to throw on to go home in, couple of nighties (button up if you plan on bf), massive pants, flip flops, bra (I just lived in the primark crop ones), snacks, long phone charger, water bottle, breast pads, LOADS of maternity pads, standard toiletries for a night away, a dark coloured towel

Other things I’m glad I had were
Pillow from home
Handheld fan - so good for labour and when I had a headache afterwards
The Robinson squash drops - I hate plain water
Headphones - to watch Netflix in peace
Eye mask - lights are super bright
Plastic bag - to put dirty washing in
Peri bottle - good to wash down there with stitches and soreness
Lip balm - gas and air makes your lips super dry
Flannel - scrubbed everything off post labour and binned
Hair bobbles!

I took nipple cream I didn’t use as didn’t bf in the end and the disposable pants which I tried and hated.

Baby wise I took newborn and 0-3 clothes and the bigger ones absolutely drowned her (she was 7lb 1).
Put baby’s first outfit in a separate bag so your OH can grab it quickly when needed (with a nappy, vest, sleepsuit and hat.)
Nappies, wipes (or cotton wool) and nappy bags.
Pre made formula with teets if needed
A few muslins and couple of spare hats
Blanket
I love you x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
This is an amazing list @calmyourritas

id also recommend taking a few snacks you like, after I had my first son I couldn’t stomach any proper food due to medication and I’m so glad I had things to nibble on to keep my energy up!

also a water bottle as guarantee your other half or visitor will knock over an open up on the little wheely tables 😅

Reactions: 9
Does anyone have any hospital bag recommendations please? Or must haves? Or things that you took but didn’t need?

Your partner is going to want a bag too by the way ☺

Pillow from home is a must.

Nighties/PJs you can breastfeed in and depending on the season you’re giving birth in think about LIGHT fabric because dear god it is hot in those wards.

I took a water bottle called a hydrant which has a very long straw - the nurses loved it and made so much fuss of what a good product it is! On the topic of water, worth asking your birthing partner to bring big bottles of water for afterwards as I just found I never had enough water brought over.

slippers/flip flops

face wipes for you, face spritz

Could have written this myself!!
Adding a recommendation for really nice ‘diaper’ bag too please and thanks
I would go for a backpack style as they’re way more practical when you’re out and about - plus think about whether your partner will kick off about carrying a pink/overly feminine bag.

To be totally honest I just used my converse backpack. That worked for me just fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Hi 👋 I’m 9w+4, had a private scan at 7w+4 because I have PCOS and wanted to check all was ok. I wanted to have a scan bang on 6 weeks but the scan place actually said it’s best to wait till around 7 weeks as you’re more certain to get a heartbeat then (assuming all is ok). But recommend ringing up and speaking to them, my experience was that they’re lovely and will advise on the best day.

Hope you’re ok- I had quite bad cramps and twinges about weeks 4-5 which freaked me out because I had no idea that happened until I actually got pregnant! I remember having twinges on my left side and assumed the worst but everything was fine during the scan so fingers crossed for you!
Thank you!! ❤ That’s all really helpful- spoke to a lady yesterday on the phone (we booked for today bang on 6 weeks) and she said she recommends 7 weeks but if I am very anxious I’m more than welcome to still come along & if no heartbeat is seen (which I’m preparing myself for) then I can come back in 2 weeks time for another so 🤞🏼🤞🏼
I know I didn’t realise how many pains & cramps would be to do with it so early on! Why aren’t we taught this stuff! I had lots of pulling last night on my right side but also read it can be it going in a bit deeper/everything moving? So 🤞🏼 We’ll find out in a few hours!

Reactions: 3
Good luck,
Thank you!! ❤ That’s all really helpful- spoke to a lady yesterday on the phone (we booked for today bang on 6 weeks) and she said she recommends 7 weeks but if I am very anxious I’m more than welcome to still come along & if no heartbeat is seen (which I’m preparing myself for) then I can come back in 2 weeks time for another so 🤞🏼🤞🏼
I know I didn’t realise how many pains & cramps would be to do with it so early on! Why aren’t we taught this stuff! I had lots of pulling last night on my right side but also read it can be it going in a bit deeper/everything moving? So 🤞🏼 We’ll find out in a few hours!
Good luck! Let us know how you get on! My main twinges and pain was on my left side and turned out that was the side I ovulated on, not sure if that was a coincidence but might explain slightly more?

Reactions: 2
Good luck,

Good luck! Let us know how you get on! My main twinges and pain was on my left side and turned out that was the side I ovulated on, not sure if that was a coincidence but might explain slightly more?
Thanks! 🤞🏼 Funny you say that as it’s been on the right side the whole time and I’m sure I ovulate more from my right - I weirdly feel ovulation pains but maybe it’s my mind playing tricks on me as well!

Thanks! 🤞🏼 Funny you say that as it’s been on the right side the whole time and I’m sure I ovulate more from my right - I weirdly feel ovulation pains but maybe it’s my mind playing tricks on me as well!
I read some statistic that you’re more likely to ovulate on the right than the left, or more likely to have a baby come from the right, can’t remember, so odds are that might be it!

Could have written this myself!!
Adding a recommendation for really nice ‘diaper’ bag too please and thanks
100% recommend these types.
The front pocket is usually for holding bottles and they're also thermal pouches in a lot of them too which is really handy!
We got ours in the aldi baby event 2 years ago. It was around £18 and it's still going perfectly now!

Attachments

Reactions: 4
How are you and baby doing this morning @Wophie ? And good luck for later @Blue1989 ❤
Baby is doing great and is on hardly any oxygen now. He's not 100% there to breathe alone but it's all looking positive.

I however have just been from a&e to triage as I'm swelling up and my throat feels congested. 🫤 So I've just had to leave my little girl at home and now I'm not even with my baby. I can't stop crying. To top it off my mum has been showing people photos of him when I explicitly said please don't. She tells me I'm out of order and she's done nothing wrong. She also doesn't understand the gravity of NICU clearly as keeps trying to schedule when she can come see him at home.

Hi guys, sorry I’m not at all caught up
I’m the thread. It’s been a crazy few hours, but baby boy TreeTrunks was born by Caesarean section under general anaesthetic at 7:30pm on 27/8, 12 weeks and 2 days early weighing just under 2lbs. He’s in NICU and doing well. A little jaundiced but otherwise good. 🙂 He’s on tubes to eat and breathe but that me all normal for his gestation. So I’m trying to keep positive. I got to see him for the first time this morning when they wheeled my bed to NICU. He is tiny but absolutely perfect 💙 he got here safely so that’s one of the biggest hurdles down. I’m ok just recovering from the section, and lost a fair bit of blood apparently, also all the morphine just making me feel like a space cadet.

I’m hoping by later today I’ll be able to walk up and see him on my own. Xx
Congratulations! Our boys are birthday twins 🥰
Glad to hear you are both doing well under the circumstances. NICU nurses are absolute angels so he is in the right place. I hope you both recover nice and quickly ❤

Thinking of you @Blue1989 , hope all is going well and happy birthday!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

I made a list after watching a few tiktok videos! It looks a lot, but I’d rather take more and not need than be sending himself out for stuff, cos I know he’d come back with the wrong things 😂 I’m gonna leave some stuff in the car like my pillow incase I’m there longer, just so it’s easier for him to grab. Hope it helps! x

-for baby.
*baby grows (tiny)
*vests (tiny)
*baby grows (newborn)
*vests (newborn)
*bibs
*blankets
*coming home outfit
*cardigans
*hats, mittens & socks
*nappies
*dummies
*wipes
*swaddle
*made up milk
*muslins

-for me.
*black towel
*big underwear
*pads/disposable underwear
*nipple cream
*nipple pads
*long charger
*lip balm
*flannels
*bottle with straw
*comfies for coming home
*nighties for birth
*bikini for birth
*blanket
*toiletries
*flip flops
*nursing bras
*stool softeners
*peri bottle
*handheld fan
*lavender spray

-extras.
*snacks
*drinks
*medication
*hospital notes

-left in the car.
*breast pump
*more milk
*car seat
*pillow
*more clothes

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Frantically saving all these hospital bag recommendations!

Good luck,

This is absolutely fascinating, I think I read on an earlier thread that at the scan they can tell which side you ovulated from. I asked at my 12 week scan and she said it was most likely the right as it was much easier to see. I also had some twinges bit like ovulation but they were on the left so who knows!

When is best to start your bag? I’m having my baby in 67 days which doesn’t seem long now I’ve worked it out!!

Frantically saving all these hospital bag recommendations!

This is absolutely fascinating, I think I read on an earlier thread that at the scan they can tell which side you ovulated from. I asked at my 12 week scan and she said it was most likely the right as it was much easier to see. I also had some twinges bit like ovulation but they were on the left so who knows!
My scan was transvaginal so think they could get a better look at what was going on inside 😂 same! I was really taken aback by when she casually said “oh it came from your left side”.

I don’t think I ever felt ovulation lol, we weren’t trying very long at all so even though I was using the strips etc I didn’t particularly feel any different.

When is best to start your bag? I’m having my baby in 67 days which doesn’t seem long now I’ve worked it out!!
I suppose if it’s stuff you won’t be using and it won’t go off there’s no time like the present - if you have a spare afternoon!

• Heart
Hi everyone!

I’m 9w+4, my first, had a scan 2 weeks ago and all ok 🤞 got an NHS scan in 3 weeks and a midwife appt in just under 2! I’ve got to say I’m really struggling with food aversions, it sets my nausea off so badly and I was sick quite a bit yesterday. My issues are specifically with cooking meat, which is problematic as my dogs eat cooked meat 😂 Mr Muffin has been helping but honestly the smell just lingers for ages, did anyone have a really bad aversion but got over it? I don’t wanna spend the next 7 months like this 😭 going to restaurants or cafes where there’s no strong smells is fine but I can’t really eat out exclusively until baby muffin is here lol.
Congratulations! I had terrible food and smell aversions in early pregnancy, couldn’t even open the fridge most of the time without throwing up 🤢 but this cleared up along with my consistent nausea around the 13/14 week mark! I’m now almost 22 weeks and feel like a new woman (for now haha)! I think for most people it only lasts for the first trimester so fingers crossed for you!!

Congratulations! I had terrible food and smell aversions in early pregnancy, couldn’t even open the fridge most of the time without throwing up 🤢 but this cleared up along with my consistent nausea around the 13/14 week mark! I’m now almost 22 weeks and feel like a new woman (for now haha)! I think for most people it only lasts for the first trimester so fingers crossed for you!!
Thanks! I was also sick this morning despite no meat smells 😭 I’m hoping over the next month or so I’ll start to feel better because it’s really frustrating. So happy to hear you feel like a new woman!!! It gives me hope!!!

• Heart
Hi everyone!

I’m 9w+4, my first, had a scan 2 weeks ago and all ok 🤞 got an NHS scan in 3 weeks and a midwife appt in just under 2! I’ve got to say I’m really struggling with food aversions, it sets my nausea off so badly and I was sick quite a bit yesterday. My issues are specifically with cooking meat, which is problematic as my dogs eat cooked meat 😂 Mr Muffin has been helping but honestly the smell just lingers for ages, did anyone have a really bad aversion but got over it? I don’t wanna spend the next 7 months like this 😭 going to restaurants or cafes where there’s no strong smells is fine but I can’t really eat out exclusively until baby muffin is here lol.
Meat was my biggest aversion! I only really eat chicken anyway but I couldn’t even be in the same room until about 18 weeks, someone opened my fridge one day and there was sandwich meat in it & i vommed just from the smell. It literally just vanished one day and never came back, doesn’t bother me at all now! xx

Meat was my biggest aversion! I only really eat chicken anyway but I couldn’t even be in the same room until about 18 weeks, someone opened my fridge one day and there was sandwich meat in it & i vommed just from the smell. It literally just vanished one day and never came back, doesn’t bother me at all now! xx
You’re all giving me hope! Thank you, I’m not too bad with cold meat, like in a sandwich or wrap, I just can’t stand cooked. I think this morning it was the thought of cooking it for the dogs that made me throw up :( it’s just such an inconvenience!!!! I also can’t stand coffee which is a travesty as I loved a coffee and salmon bagel for breakfast and now both those things are off limits!!!!

We had the scan and they measured me 5 weeks 6 days. Got to see the heartbeat fluttering away really clearly & I did ovulate from my right ovary so he said that’s what the pulling pains would be from. Still a long way to go but feel much more reassured from it & thanks to you ladies x

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.