Pregnancy #39 No hanky panky only kicks in the fa…

How far along are you? 🤰🏻

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
does anyone else get really annoyed when people ask "how's the baby" well, how the hell am i supposed to know how the baby is? why can't you ask how *i* am, since i'm an actual person out in the world who can answer that. idk why but it makes me feel so angry when i hear that (and it alwayssss comes from my sis in law) it's like reducing me to some child bearing vessel and bypassing how i feel.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This thread was so helpful to me when I was pregnant I don’t think I’ll ever stop posting here 🥰

Hope @Kaybethkay is getting on okay ❤❤
Forgot to update everyone yesterday,the pains eventually wore off but I’ve woken up with similar today so I think it’s just my body getting ready for the actual thing, hopefully not much longer now 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So I survived a wedding at 39+4 weeks pregnant 😂🎉

I had on off period cramps all morning and up until the wedding breakfast but kept quiet about it because I really couldn't be arsed with the flapping. I think as the day went on and I got more and more tired they wore off, but I did still have lots of Braxton Hicks. Maybe my body realised I didn't have it in me to do childbirth after that long day 😂 Nothing like it so far this morning.

I was an absolute emotional wreck especially watching my daughter walk down the aisle as bridesmaid 😭 I was full on blubbing 😂
Generally family weren't too annoying with comments (this was my biggest fear), although I was not allowed to be standing it seemed and was constantly offered a chair, scolded for picking up my daughter for a hug etc. Worst comment was when I picked up a tiny slither of wedding cake to share with my daughter, and one family member (who was being particularly petty anyway) told me 'oooh don't eat that you'll throw it all up if you go into labour tonight". The nerve to tell a woman this pregnant not to eat cake 😳😂 I ate it all and then came home for a Papa John's actually 🖕🏻

Oh also I looked like a little dumpling next to my two slim sisters in 4 inch heels 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Hi, was a bit late to answer @shadowofdoubt ’s q on the last thread so catching up here. We’re still just being observed for now (me for BP and bloods and baby for heartbeat and movement, both good only my BP really that’s all over the place but not super high anymore, and honestly I’m starting to think that’s mostly from the stress. They keep coming and checking after I’ve been having yet another good cry).
We’re still on labour ward, in assessment, Doctors/consultants come round every morning and evening (which I think is standard?) to update on any results and what’s going on/any plans.

The baby is well developed for his gestational age, which is good and on our side (that bloody sonographer yesterday.. honestly those who have got annoyed when sonographers say they can’t comment on something because they are not consultants/it’s not their job, they’re telling the truth!). He’s looking just under 2lbs and brain, heart and vital organs have all developed really well and he looks like a healthy, happy little 27week foetus. He’s also got a great steady 145bpm heartbeat and is moving around happily. The only thing that is causing the massive concern is that every other heartbeat the pre-eclampsia is causing the blood supply from my placenta to him to shut off. He appears to have managed well so far without this, however they are concerned this could change any moment, and when it does they have to get him out straight away. They’re therefore monitoring us both to get that balancing act right, basically figuring out when he will be safer and develop better outside the womb than inside. They’re telling me this will be days not weeks. They’ve put me on a fast today in case I need a c section, but I’m hoping he can safely stay in as many days as possible just so he’s less premature.

a doctor from NICU came to speak to us yesterday too. She was lovely and very reassuring in many ways. She did have to tell us about all the health risks we could encounter, but all are relatively small, and survival at 27-8 weeks is actually good. She told us we would have been having a more somber conversation with her if he was smaller or much earlier. She explained all the things that will happen while he’s in NICU and that we can see him as much as we want.

MH wise I’m not doing great. I’m mostly worried sick about him, and how we’re going to manage the stress of the next few months of him in NICU where they’ve said he’ll be until his November due date. To a lesser extent and unexpectedly i’m grieving the pregnancy and birth I’ve been preparing for that i’m now, suddenly, not going to have. Tried to read the c-section part of a pregnancy book to prepare myself yesterday and just felt irrationally angry at this stupid book and author telling me about hypnobirthing and getting to skin to skin with my baby after a section. I’m never going to get to that third trimester stage. We have paid NCT and loads of free neonatal classes booked, and the fact we’re now going to get hands on one on one training with the midwives in NICU combined with the fact that I have no idea how I will go to these classes with a bunch of pregnant people is making me think I should just cancel. All these new mum friends I was making on peanut etc. I have no idea how I’ll talk to them now. Partly because I’ll feel sad and they’ll feel awkward I don’t feel ready to not feel his little kicks getting stronger every week anymore. I feel he’s not ready to come out yet, which is upsetting. The newborn baby cries and sounds of women in labour has become increasingly bittersweet. I’m not going to have that first healthy, happy baby cry and hold him in my arms. If that comes at all it will be months. I’m angry I didn’t meet the criteria to be put on aspirin for straight away, it was only after the placenta issue was spotted at my 20 week scan. I’m blaming that now even though we couldn’t have known, but I think I’m just grieving and feeling angry and like my body has failed me and my baby.

Hoping I can find some positivity soon. Sorry this has been quite long and a bit of a downer. I think there are some positives but I’m just really struggling to take it all in at the minute

• Heart
Reactions: 19
So I survived a wedding at 39+4 weeks pregnant 😂🎉

I had on off period cramps all morning and up until the wedding breakfast but kept quiet about it because I really couldn't be arsed with the flapping. I think as the day went on and I got more and more tired they wore off, but I did still have lots of Braxton Hicks. Maybe my body realised I didn't have it in me to do childbirth after that long day 😂 Nothing like it so far this morning.

I was an absolute emotional wreck especially watching my daughter walk down the aisle as bridesmaid 😭 I was full on blubbing 😂
Generally family weren't too annoying with comments (this was my biggest fear), although I was not allowed to be standing it seemed and was constantly offered a chair, scolded for picking up my daughter for a hug etc. Worst comment was when I picked up a tiny slither of wedding cake to share with my daughter, and one family member (who was being particularly petty anyway) told me 'oooh don't eat that you'll throw it all up if you go into labour tonight". The nerve to tell a woman this pregnant not to eat cake 😳😂 I ate it all and then came home for a Papa John's actually 🖕🏻

Oh also I looked like a little dumpling next to my two slim sisters in 4 inch heels 🙃
You did well to stay all day! My best friend got married when I was 41+1 and I managed to get to the ceremony but had to leave afterwards. Went into labour the next day ha ha.

Are you happy for baby to come now that’s over? xx

Reactions: 2
Forgot to update everyone yesterday,the pains eventually wore off but I’ve woken up with similar today so I think it’s just my body getting ready for the actual thing, hopefully not much longer now 😅
Yeah unfortunately that's normal I've had those for weeks now and I'm overdue. You think I'd know the signs as it's my second but....nope you still second guess.

@Wophie well done on lasting all day! I’ve got a 2 hour kids party on Sunday and I really can’t be arsed with that never mind a full on wedding 😂 x

does anyone else get really annoyed when people ask "how's the baby" well, how the hell am i supposed to know how the baby is? why can't you ask how *i* am, since i'm an actual person out in the world who can answer that. idk why but it makes me feel so angry when i hear that (and it alwayssss comes from my sis in law) it's like reducing me to some child bearing vessel and bypassing how i feel.
Yes! And it makes me anxious as well cos I’m like “well I don’t know, I hope they’re ok in there!”

Reactions: 5
Has anyone got any experience with mam bottles? I used tommee tippee with my first and had no problems but everyone seems to be raving off mam now. I’m unsure what to get. The same with kendamil formula? I used cow and gate last time, again no issues

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Yes! And it makes me anxious as well cos I’m like “well I don’t know, I hope they’re ok in there!”
all it makes me feel is annoyed and irritated as hell. do you think the baby is whispering to me through its umbilical cord and giving status updates every 5 seconds? i know about as much as the next person ffs.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I had an amniocentesis yesterday at fetal med. and I’ve not felt the baby move today. I’m 23w6d and usually feel her in the mornings and evenings. Should I ring the MAU or am I panicking over nothing?

• Heart
I had an amniocentesis yesterday at fetal med. and I’ve not felt the baby move today. I’m 23w6d and usually feel her in the mornings and evenings. Should I ring the MAU or am I panicking over nothing?
Have you tried something sugary? Cold drink? Jumping around and lying on side?

Baby is still super small but if you are concerned always ring up ❤

Has anyone got any experience with mam bottles? I used tommee tippee with my first and had no problems but everyone seems to be raving off mam now. I’m unsure what to get. The same with kendamil formula? I used cow and gate last time, again no issues
I used tommee tippee with my first 2. Then changed to mam for my 3rd. 100% would not go back.
Would recommend Mam every time.
Even better that you don't need a steriliser!

I wanted Mam for my second too but we got bought all the Tommee Tippee bottles so couldn't really say no 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Arrived 20 mins early for the GTT and I'm in the waiting area desperately trying to resist eating my sandwiches 😭

Edit: 20 mins early but still only 5th to be seen 😭 😭

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Definitley call 100% 😊

On progesterone, Iv got from diarrhoea to constipation. Sorry poop talk. Anyone suggestions, hoping for more natural solutions first?

Hi, was a bit late to answer @shadowofdoubt ’s q on the last thread so catching up here. We’re still just being observed for now (me for BP and bloods and baby for heartbeat and movement, both good only my BP really that’s all over the place but not super high anymore, and honestly I’m starting to think that’s mostly from the stress. They keep coming and checking after I’ve been having yet another good cry).
We’re still on labour ward, in assessment, Doctors/consultants come round every morning and evening (which I think is standard?) to update on any results and what’s going on/any plans.

The baby is well developed for his gestational age, which is good and on our side (that bloody sonographer yesterday.. honestly those who have got annoyed when sonographers say they can’t comment on something because they are not consultants/it’s not their job, they’re telling the truth!). He’s looking just under 2lbs and brain, heart and vital organs have all developed really well and he looks like a healthy, happy little 27week foetus. He’s also got a great steady 145bpm heartbeat and is moving around happily. The only thing that is causing the massive concern is that every other heartbeat the pre-eclampsia is causing the blood supply from my placenta to him to shut off. He appears to have managed well so far without this, however they are concerned this could change any moment, and when it does they have to get him out straight away. They’re therefore monitoring us both to get that balancing act right, basically figuring out when he will be safer and develop better outside the womb than inside. They’re telling me this will be days not weeks. They’ve put me on a fast today in case I need a c section, but I’m hoping he can safely stay in as many days as possible just so he’s less premature.

a doctor from NICU came to speak to us yesterday too. She was lovely and very reassuring in many ways. She did have to tell us about all the health risks we could encounter, but all are relatively small, and survival at 27-8 weeks is actually good. She told us we would have been having a more somber conversation with her if he was smaller or much earlier. She explained all the things that will happen while he’s in NICU and that we can see him as much as we want.

MH wise I’m not doing great. I’m mostly worried sick about him, and how we’re going to manage the stress of the next few months of him in NICU where they’ve said he’ll be until his November due date. To a lesser extent and unexpectedly i’m grieving the pregnancy and birth I’ve been preparing for that i’m now, suddenly, not going to have. Tried to read the c-section part of a pregnancy book to prepare myself yesterday and just felt irrationally angry at this stupid book and author telling me about hypnobirthing and getting to skin to skin with my baby after a section. I’m never going to get to that third trimester stage. We have paid NCT and loads of free neonatal classes booked, and the fact we’re now going to get hands on one on one training with the midwives in NICU combined with the fact that I have no idea how I will go to these classes with a bunch of pregnant people is making me think I should just cancel. All these new mum friends I was making on peanut etc. I have no idea how I’ll talk to them now. Partly because I’ll feel sad and they’ll feel awkward I don’t feel ready to not feel his little kicks getting stronger every week anymore. I feel he’s not ready to come out yet, which is upsetting. The newborn baby cries and sounds of women in labour has become increasingly bittersweet. I’m not going to have that first healthy, happy baby cry and hold him in my arms. If that comes at all it will be months. I’m angry I didn’t meet the criteria to be put on aspirin for straight away, it was only after the placenta issue was spotted at my 20 week scan. I’m blaming that now even though we couldn’t have known, but I think I’m just grieving and feeling angry and like my body has failed me and my baby.

Hoping I can find some positivity soon. Sorry this has been quite long and a bit of a downer. I think there are some positives but I’m just really struggling to take it all in at the minute
No advice for you honey, can’t imagine what you’re going through, but I am thinking of you and your family and sending you all the luck in the world ❤

we used nuk bottles last time as they make the teats they use in hospital. I also used cow and gate last time and plan to use to again. All baby milk is much of a muchness. Aptimel is made by the same company as cow and gate, just branded to appeal to a different market with a £2 price increase!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.