Pregnancy #39 No hanky panky only kicks in the fa…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you. I had my first gel at 10pm I'm getting pains but nothing major. Set to have another gel at 4am. Looks like myself and Baba will have the same bday 🤣 X
That’s kinda cute! You’ll be able to have lil birthday traditions together. Good luck x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
i was just telling my husband that i feel so confused and lost about what to do once we're discharged from the hospital and we bring the baby back home. i'm just gonna stare at the baby, stare at my husband... wait for the baby to cry (i guess) and then feed him? absolutely no clue. maybe other S+TMs can share their experiences & how they felt coming back from the hospital and kind of what to expect.

Reactions: 11
i was just telling my husband that i feel so confused and lost about what to do once we're discharged from the hospital and we bring the baby back home. i'm just gonna stare at the baby, stare at my husband... wait for the baby to cry (i guess) and then feed him? absolutely no clue. maybe other S+TMs can share their experiences & how they felt coming back from the hospital and kind of what to expect.
It all surprisingly falls into place but that is pretty much what you do 😂
Rest up as much as possible to recover. Don't do too much too soon. There's no rush. Just take it all in and get settled 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just go with the flow for the first few weeks ❤ You’ll know x

We are on day 3 off caring for our newborn at home, shes 5 days old now. I had an emergency c section so had 2 days in hospital. The midwifes at the hospital will help you, they did me. Nappy changes feeds whether bottle or breast, winding everything you need they will explain and help you with or they did in my experience. Some of it comes down to instinct but not all. My partner and i just run through the checklist, has she been fed, burped,changed and work down the list. Good luck and cliche i know but enjoy it x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
At what week did any of you (if you did) have an early scan privately? I’m finding this week I’m so anxious and crying a lot, mainly as I’ve had 2 IBS flares & a stressful work week so every twinge & cramp from IBS I’m thinking the worst. I’ll be 6 weeks Monday so thinking to go next Friday just to check things are in the right place 😖
Hi 👋 I’m 9w+4, had a private scan at 7w+4 because I have PCOS and wanted to check all was ok. I wanted to have a scan bang on 6 weeks but the scan place actually said it’s best to wait till around 7 weeks as you’re more certain to get a heartbeat then (assuming all is ok). But recommend ringing up and speaking to them, my experience was that they’re lovely and will advise on the best day.

Hope you’re ok- I had quite bad cramps and twinges about weeks 4-5 which freaked me out because I had no idea that happened until I actually got pregnant! I remember having twinges on my left side and assumed the worst but everything was fine during the scan so fingers crossed for you!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I remember with our first.. bringing him home and he was asleep in his car seat and we both looked at each like what now?!?!?! So don’t feel like you’re alone 😂
Just follow the baby’s lead really. Take any peace to rest & recover!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi everyone!

I’m 9w+4, my first, had a scan 2 weeks ago and all ok 🤞 got an NHS scan in 3 weeks and a midwife appt in just under 2! I’ve got to say I’m really struggling with food aversions, it sets my nausea off so badly and I was sick quite a bit yesterday. My issues are specifically with cooking meat, which is problematic as my dogs eat cooked meat 😂 Mr Muffin has been helping but honestly the smell just lingers for ages, did anyone have a really bad aversion but got over it? I don’t wanna spend the next 7 months like this 😭 going to restaurants or cafes where there’s no strong smells is fine but I can’t really eat out exclusively until baby muffin is here lol.

• Heart
I am a raging hormonal mess today.

My advice, if you like cats and you’re watching the Sandman on Netflix, don’t watch episode 11 😐😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Yeah, no one knows what they’re doing to be honest. It’s highly daunting. Like Donz said, the nurses help loads, when we had my little girl the couple in the bay next to us stayed an extra night so they could make the most of the support they were getting.

Your main thing for the first few days will be to establish feeding (and if it’s breastfeeding just install yourself on the sofa with a packet of biscuits because cluster feeding is hard work.)

Not often said but not everyone bonds straight away with their baby and this is totally normal - dont worry, the bonding does come.

C0EA62DF-4005-4669-AB8C-70A7D55B451A.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Happy birthday @Blue1989 thinking of you! ❤❤❤

@tattle420 when we got home we put the car seat in the middle of the living room floor and said right what the duck do we do now. But honestly it all comes together and you will work it out

• Haha
  • Heart
Does anyone have any hospital bag recommendations please? Or must haves? Or things that you took but didn’t need?

basically, someone tell me what to do please 😂

Reactions: 4
Does anyone have any hospital bag recommendations please? Or must haves? Or things that you took but didn’t need?

I’m looking on tiktok it’s a fountain of knowledge 😂 search hospital bag UK

• Heart

Could have written this myself!!
Adding a recommendation for really nice ‘diaper’ bag too please and thanks

I’m looking on tiktok it’s a fountain of knowledge 😂 search hospital bag UK
Ive looked on there! But there’s so many ‘I like this and buy this’ that it confused me 😂

Could have written this myself!!
Adding a recommendation for really nice ‘diaper’ bag too please and thanks
I can’t help with a changing bag, mine came with my Mamas and Papas pram, however it does seem really good! The tag says it’s £99 which seems a lot to me x

Reactions: 1
Ive looked on there! But there’s so many ‘I like this and buy this’ that it confused me 😂

I can’t help with a changing bag, mine came with my Mamas and Papas pram, however it does seem really good! The tag says it’s £99 which seems a lot to me x
What’s another 100 quid at this stage 😂 I have not stopped

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.