Pregnancy #39 No hanky panky only kicks in the fa…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gosh if that’s on an nhs website somewhere that’s awful.. def scaremongering

As a personal choice I originally cut out all caffeine when we first found out, but now I have a can of full fat coke a few times a week and I know it’s perfectly fine to have that.

Reactions: 8
I’d be interested if you were able to share a link to where this was on the NHS website - do you mean www.nhs.uk or a local Trust website?

The official NHS website gives the following detail:

View attachment 1539816
You’ll see the amount you’ve been having is borderline fine, and that the info on your fact sheet is at odds with this advice as it seems to suggest herbal tea is fine when in fact that should also be limited.

Ultimately most things are ok in moderation aside from actively dangerous substances like alcohol, drugs, cigarettes and even then people consume them in pregnancy knowingly or unknowingly and have babies at the end of the process who are often healthy.

My mum used to have about 20 cups of tea/coffee a day when she was pregnant - she claims there was no advice to say it was bad. My thoughts are that is wildly unhealthy no matter if you’re pregnant or not, but times have moved on!

I remember your first post when you talked about feeling crippled with anxiety and I wanted to reach out to say that it is important to be informed, but make sure you’re using trusted sources of information but also applying some common sense. I know how anxiety-inducing pregnancy is, and as someone who has never experienced it before I’ve found it really challenging. You just need to try and keep it in check, not seek out bad news or catastrophise about something because it’s adding to your load.

Switch out the Diet Coke for caffeine-free, try to limit yourself to one cup of tea and one of coffee a day and you’ll be within the limit.
I’d be interested if you were able to share a link to where this was on the NHS website - do you mean www.nhs.uk or a local Trust website?

The official NHS website gives the following detail:

View attachment 1539816
You’ll see the amount you’ve been having is borderline fine, and that the info on your fact sheet is at odds with this advice as it seems to suggest herbal tea is fine when in fact that should also be limited.

Ultimately most things are ok in moderation aside from actively dangerous substances like alcohol, drugs, cigarettes and even then people consume them in pregnancy knowingly or unknowingly and have babies at the end of the process who are often healthy.

My mum used to have about 20 cups of tea/coffee a day when she was pregnant - she claims there was no advice to say it was bad. My thoughts are that is wildly unhealthy no matter if you’re pregnant or not, but times have moved on!

I remember your first post when you talked about feeling crippled with anxiety and I wanted to reach out to say that it is important to be informed, but make sure you’re using trusted sources of information but also applying some common sense. I know how anxiety-inducing pregnancy is, and as someone who has never experienced it before I’ve found it really challenging. You just need to try and keep it in check, not seek out bad news or catastrophise about something because it’s adding to your load.

Switch out the Diet Coke for caffeine-free, try to limit yourself to one cup of tea and one of coffee a day and you’ll be within the limit.
This is the link I clicked on! It says nhs north west so yes you guys are probably right it’s not an official nhs infographic and just scaremongering! I’m like an old lady on Facebook believing everything I read at the moment 😂😩 I was like omg not chocolate as well.

This will do me fine for now 😂 thanks for the advice everyone ❤❤
0830B3C3-51A4-410F-9A78-82898C32838D.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
just over 15 weeks and I swear I don’t have any sort of bump going on still
..maybe just a little bit fatter as running out of clothes that fit comfortably 🙃

16 days until next private scan and we will find out gender too. The days are going so slowly !!
Is it your first? If so that's normal to not show. Baba is still very small. I didn't show until I was about 7 months with my first. You'll just be a bit swollen now ❤

So we have our health visitor coming for the initial appointment/home visit next week! Is it as bad as everyone makes out and do I need to blots the house and make it a show home 😂🙈
I'm in Ireland so it may be different, but it's really quite quick. Baby gets checked, they make suggestions and ask how you are mentally. If you had an episiotomy the stitches will be checked. You'll be asked how often and how much baby eats etc. The house doesn't have to be immaculate, they see far worse then a few babygrows hanging around a little clutter. It's expected you've just had a baby. Relax

Reactions: 2
I booked another private scan for this morning and the lady said ‘oh you’re back’ I felt really awkward about it 😂😅

Last night I had really bad pain in my in my stomach, it was a really sharp pain so bad that I had to get out of bed, It went away after about 5 minutes but I spent the night worrying that something was wrong. I had my scan this morning and the baby is doing great, she was moving around the entire time and everything is fine. I’ve never gotten this far into pregnancy before so I still feel like the slightest ache or pain means something is wrong ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Has anyone got any experience with mam bottles? I used tommee tippee with my first and had no problems but everyone seems to be raving off mam now. I’m unsure what to get. The same with kendamil formula? I used cow and gate last time, again no issues
Tomee tippee is good for if your combination feeding as it's nipple shaped and cow and Gate is great for babies who struggle with digestion so if uve had issues with ur first stick with cow and gate

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Is it your first? If so that's normal to not show. Baba is still very small. I didn't show until I was about 7 months with my first. You'll just be a bit swollen now ❤
yes first!
just after a long time of unexplained infertility I can't wait to have something to make it feel a bit more real

• Heart
Tomee tippee is good for if your combination feeding as it's nipple shaped and cow and Gate is great for babies who struggle with digestion so if uve had issues with ur first stick with cow and gate
Thanks, I am planning on combi feeding actually, I did this for 12 weeks with my first

Thanks, I am planning on combi feeding actually, I did this for 12 weeks with my first
So did I I got to about 6 weeks before mine decided she just wasn't getting enough from me 😂 but she had no issue going back and forth as the shape is the same. Good luck ❤

• Heart
After some investigation at work (perks of working for the NHS I guess?!) I’ve figured out I wasn’t ever referred for my 12 week scan 😐 all sorted now as I got hold of the booking office for the antenatal clinics but I do wonder what someone who didn’t have the ability to access all the numbers in the hospital would have done?!
When I was at the hospital for my GTT last week I asked when my 16 week appt would be (I rang the hospital the week before and a midwife said it would be the same day but I never got a confirmation or anything) and the admin said "why didn't your midwife write all your future appts in your folder at your last appointment" well I didn't know she was meant to! Fortunately the admin also worked for the community midwife service so booked me one while I was there for Friday

It is quite confusing as you get a letter saying 'your appointment with the midwifery team is on X date' but on the paper copy they cross out midwifery and write something different depending who you're actually seeing.

I had a call with an anaesthetist last week and the first thing she said was how many weeks are you and when I said 16 she was like um we normally don't have these conversations until 32 weeks when you've started thinking about birth a bit more!

Hope your scan wasn't too delayed.

When I was at the hospital for my GTT last week I asked when my 16 week appt would be (I rang the hospital the week before and a midwife said it would be the same day but I never got a confirmation or anything) and the admin said "why didn't your midwife write all your future appts in your folder at your last appointment" well I didn't know she was meant to! Fortunately the admin also worked for the community midwife service so booked me one while I was there for Friday

It is quite confusing as you get a letter saying 'your appointment with the midwifery team is on X date' but on the paper copy they cross out midwifery and write something different depending who you're actually seeing.

I had a call with an anaesthetist last week and the first thing she said was how many weeks are you and when I said 16 she was like um we normally don't have these conversations until 32 weeks when you've started thinking about birth a bit more!

It seems like everything of yours has been booked super early! Your diabetes test too.
I don't think I had my anesthetist appointment until at least 30 weeks.
It was after one of my growth scans so definitley after 28 weeks.

My midwife however has never wrote all my appointments down, she's always books the next one whilst I'm there with her and does that each time instead!

This is the link I clicked on! It says nhs north west so yes you guys are probably right it’s not an official nhs infographic and just scaremongering! I’m like an old lady on Facebook believing everything I read at the moment 😂😩 I was like omg not chocolate as well.

This will do me fine for now 😂 thanks for the advice everyone ❤❤
View attachment 1540009
this is really bad advice in the infographic! For example decaf coffee can still have some caffeine in it. I'm surprised as NHS advice normally has to be evidence based. Did you find this by googling or did your midwife send it to you? If it's part of the advice the local maternity service is giving out I would tell them it goes against the NHS.uk advice.

Before I got pregnant I would have max 2 coke zeros a day, I carried on having the occasional one for a while out of habit but never managed to have more than half. Also my sleep was so messed up from needing to eat during the night/have afternoon naps and I found it stopped me being able to nap (which is extremely important in the first trimester!!) So I've just stopped having caffeine and if I ever have a coffee as a treat my head will probably explode!

Reactions: 3
It seems like everything of yours has been booked super early! Your diabetes test too.
I don't think I had my anesthetist appointment until at least 30 weeks.
It was after one of my growth scans so definitley after 28 weeks.

My midwife however has never wrote all my appointments down, she's always books the next one whilst I'm there with her and does that each time instead!
The consultant asked for me to have my diabetes test early due to some risk factors, although I think I read somewhere it generally develops a bit later so I expect I will have to do it at 28 weeks as well 😭

I’ve never heard of appointments with anaesthetists, is this for those having elective c sections?
in my case the Dr referred me because of my BMI there are some risks/limitations on what can be done and when once you are in labour so it's to discuss options.

this is really bad advice in the infographic! For example decaf coffee can still have some caffeine in it. I'm surprised as NHS advice normally has to be evidence based. Did you find this by googling or did your midwife send it to you? If it's part of the advice the local maternity service is giving out I would tell them it goes against the NHS.uk advice.

Before I got pregnant I would have max 2 coke zeros a day, I carried on having the occasional one for a while out of habit but never managed to have more than half. Also my sleep was so messed up from needing to eat during the night/have afternoon naps and I found it stopped me being able to nap (which is extremely important in the first trimester!!) So I've just stopped having caffeine and if I ever have a coffee as a treat my head will probably explode!
Omg that flyer!!!!

So the month before I got pregnant I went from 5 cups of coffee to 1-2 and maybe one decaf. I’ve been so so low in energy and felt so nauseous the last few days, I actually researched and found that lucozade is ok (in moderation). I felt tons better after one small bottle and you’re allowed up to 4, tbh I would probably explode if I had 4 lol.

This actually lists lucozade as a recommended drink if you have bad nausea: https://www.wsh.nhs.uk/CMS-Document...rnity/6061-1-Nausea-vomiting-in-pregnancy.pdf

Reactions: 3
yes first!
just after a long time of unexplained infertility I can't wait to have something to make it feel a bit more real
Ah bless you, that's understandable and congratulations ❤. Take pictures of your body periodically as little momentos. You might not see a difference for a while but eventually you will and those pics will be special to you.

• Heart
So my 4D scan ended up with me admitted to hospital having heart scans mixed with what everyone thought was contractions - at 27 week 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 13

I should be 12 weeks and 6 days so it should be ok, but - and I say this as someone who works in the trust and wants the NHS to succeed - I am getting majorly pissed off with how it’s run at the moment. Not just in maternity but also in my own service and in general. The left hand often doesn’t know what the right hand is doing and it’s been that way for years but I think now we’ve lost so many staff through burnout and stress that the problems are so apparent. My sister is due her baby in October and the care she’s had this time round has been appalling compared to when she had her first one (midwife at one appointment didn’t measure her BP but wrote a standard measurement down on her notes, at another didn’t measure her bump and “guessed” it to be 5cm bigger than it was two weeks before, she’s missed appointments because they keep changing them and not telling her). I’m sick of the excuse of “it’s because of covid” - it’s because staff are fed up with the pay and working conditions so they’re disengaged from their jobs and the managers have no clue how to deal with it because most of them have never worked with patients directly.

And that’s my morning rant!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.