Pregnancy #39 No hanky panky only kicks in the fa…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've never had a home visit before having the baby but it's not bad at all.
They'll just ask you some questions. Ask where baby will be sleeping ect.
They don't care about the state of your home, as long as you've not got animal poop everywhere and things like that 😂
Ah that’s okay then 😂 thank you!

So we have our health visitor coming for the initial appointment/home visit next week! Is it as bad as everyone makes out and do I need to blots the house and make it a show home 😂🙈
I cleaned my entire house and she only sat in the living room 🙈 didn’t ask to see the kitchen/where baby is sleeping or anything!

Reactions: 3
I’ve got a visit on Friday so I can report back if that’s helpful. I could do without it because I’m tired and overworked but as long as they’re not expecting a show home I can cope!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
After some investigation at work (perks of working for the NHS I guess?!) I’ve figured out I wasn’t ever referred for my 12 week scan 😐 all sorted now as I got hold of the booking office for the antenatal clinics but I do wonder what someone who didn’t have the ability to access all the numbers in the hospital would have done?!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
After some investigation at work (perks of working for the NHS I guess?!) I’ve figured out I wasn’t ever referred for my 12 week scan 😐 all sorted now as I got hold of the booking office for the antenatal clinics but I do wonder what someone who didn’t have the ability to access all the numbers in the hospital would have done?!
We’ve just moved house & therefore GP and midwife care.. let me tell you it’s painful 😩😩

Reactions: 1
I’ve got a visit on Friday so I can report back if that’s helpful. I could do without it because I’m tired and overworked but as long as they’re not expecting a show home I can cope!
Oh bless you, don’t want to burden you with reporting back! Hope all goes well, I’m sure it will be fine 🙈 as long as it’s not expected to have completely Kim and Aggie’d your whole house and there to be no indication that it’s a lived in home 😂

47DFD428-5319-4E43-A8C8-C96B68CCAC9D.jpeg
Just saw this on the nhs website, I had no idea and I’ve been drinking Diet Coke Coffee and tea since I’ve been pregnant 😩😩😩 only one a day but still now I’m stressing.

• Wow
Just had my 20 week scan and omg he was so lazy! Does anyone else's baby literally not move when having a scan?🤣 he moved enough for them to do the checks but apart from that he was asleep!

• Heart
View attachment 1539727Just saw this on the nhs website, I had no idea and I’ve been drinking Diet Coke Coffee and tea since I’ve been pregnant 😩😩😩 only one a day but still now I’m stressing.
You can have up to 200mg of caffeine a day whilst pregant 😊
There's 46mg in a can of diet come.

This is silly scaremongering imo. That's a bit ridiculous

This is on the nhs website.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 13
View attachment 1539727Just saw this on the nhs website, I had no idea and I’ve been drinking Diet Coke Coffee and tea since I’ve been pregnant 😩😩😩 only one a day but still now I’m stressing.
Please don't worry, one a day is absolutely fine. I recommend reading Expecting Better by Emily Oster for more information on this sort of thing - doctors tend to err massively on the side of caution when it comes to recommendations for pregnant women, but really there's no need to be so strict.

Reactions: 9
Please don't worry, one a day is absolutely fine. I recommend reading Expecting Better by Emily Oster for more information on this sort of thing - doctors tend to err massively on the side of caution when it comes to recommendations for pregnant women, but really there's no need to be so strict.
I drink 2 cans of monster and red bull everyday! All my friends are the same with coffee etc

Just had my 20 week scan and omg he was so lazy! Does anyone else's baby literally not move when having a scan?🤣 he moved enough for them to do the checks but apart from that he was asleep!
Every single scan I go to my baby is a nuisance and I have to move or come back or jump up and down 😂

Reactions: 2
Every single scan I go to my baby is a nuisance and I have to move or come back or jump up and down 😂
Also had his legs crossed so couldn’t even confirm he’s still a boy 😂😂 they had me lying on my side, walking, eating and in the end they got everything they needed! Lucky I didn’t pay for it or I’d of paid to watch him sleep 😂

Just re-replying. After some research in Google, that actual study is "8 or more cups of coffee every single day whilst pregnant MAY double the risk of stillbirth"

So please don't pay attention to that mis-information

Reactions: 5
If I ever get time to, I’d love to do a deep dive into pregnancy recommendations and what the studies actually say - and how reliable they are! I think a fair few things that aren’t recommended are probably actually scientifically a bit sketchy!

Reactions: 2
If I ever get time to, I’d love to do a deep dive into pregnancy recommendations and what the studies actually say - and how reliable they are! I think a fair few things that aren’t recommended are probably actually scientifically a bit sketchy!
That's exactly what Expecting Better does, it's very interesting. Very little scientific basis for many of the recommendations, and the recommendations vary from country to country anyway!

I’d be interested if you were able to share a link to where this was on the NHS website - do you mean www.nhs.uk or a local Trust website?

The official NHS website gives the following detail:

BAB4DC47-3996-4BBA-94CE-8589B4BF0CDC.jpeg

You’ll see the amount you’ve been having is borderline fine, and that the info on your fact sheet is at odds with this advice as it seems to suggest herbal tea is fine when in fact that should also be limited.

Ultimately most things are ok in moderation aside from actively dangerous substances like alcohol, drugs, cigarettes and even then people consume them in pregnancy knowingly or unknowingly and have babies at the end of the process who are often healthy.

My mum used to have about 20 cups of tea/coffee a day when she was pregnant - she claims there was no advice to say it was bad. My thoughts are that is wildly unhealthy no matter if you’re pregnant or not, but times have moved on!

I remember your first post when you talked about feeling crippled with anxiety and I wanted to reach out to say that it is important to be informed, but make sure you’re using trusted sources of information but also applying some common sense. I know how anxiety-inducing pregnancy is, and as someone who has never experienced it before I’ve found it really challenging. You just need to try and keep it in check, not seek out bad news or catastrophise about something because it’s adding to your load.

Switch out the Diet Coke for caffeine-free, try to limit yourself to one cup of tea and one of coffee a day and you’ll be within the limit.

Reactions: 9
I’d be interested if you were able to share a link to where this was on the NHS website - do you mean www.nhs.uk or a local Trust website?

The official NHS website gives the following detail:

View attachment 1539816
You’ll see the amount you’ve been having is borderline fine, and that the info on your fact sheet is at odds with this advice as it seems to suggest herbal tea is fine when in fact that should also be limited.

Ultimately most things are ok in moderation aside from actively dangerous substances like alcohol, drugs, cigarettes and even then people consume them in pregnancy knowingly or unknowingly and have babies at the end of the process who are often healthy.

My mum used to have about 20 cups of tea/coffee a day when she was pregnant - she claims there was no advice to say it was bad. My thoughts are that is wildly unhealthy no matter if you’re pregnant or not, but times have moved on!

I remember your first post when you talked about feeling crippled with anxiety and I wanted to reach out to say that it is important to be informed, but make sure you’re using trusted sources of information but also applying some common sense. I know how anxiety-inducing pregnancy is, and as someone who has never experienced it before I’ve found it really challenging. You just need to try and keep it in check, not seek out bad news or catastrophise about something because it’s adding to your load.

Switch out the Diet Coke for caffeine-free, try to limit yourself to one cup of tea and one of coffee a day and you’ll be within the limit.
There is also a really handy tool on the Tommy’s website which tells you how much you’ve drank in a day etc etc. I found it quite helpful as am a tea and Pepsi max addict :)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.