Pregnancy #39 No hanky panky only kicks in the fa…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just passed my gestational diabetes test! Blood pressure is good, barely gained any weight, baby on track- heart thumping feet kicking. Probably the healthiest I've been in years to be honest what with the good eating and daily exercise. I have a high BMI and today my midwife was telling me about these extra appointments ill need, more scans and a meeting with an anesthesiologist and on the one hand I'm glad that there is so much care being taken for my babies and my health, but on the other hand I am, touch wood, so far fit as a fiddle and it feels a little excessive
Unfortunately they seem to have rigid ‘triggers’ like age and high BMI that they won’t just look at in the round. You can look at it as frustrating and I have, but it has positives of being able to have more free scans that check all is ok with baby. Some people don’t get to see baby again past 20 weeks unless they pay privately.

Reactions: 6
i've just had a proper read into breastfeeding and what the common struggles are / what to look out for. no idea what my approach will be but i think i've reached the stage where i'm just gonna wing it and hope for the best lol
That’s what I did with my first. I still have the prep machine I bought in a baby sale before I had her. Never used it, so hope it still works 🤣

You can’t prepare for all possibilities. I’d say the best thing you can do to prepare you is to get your support system in place and know who you can turn to if you need help. You’ll figure it out once baby is here!

Reactions: 2
I’ve had no pregnancy symptoms for the past 2 weeks since finding out but I’ve been hit with nausea today. Every little smell and I feel sick! Trying to eat cheesy pasta for lunch isn’t a good choice 🤮

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Found out yesterday that I’m expecting my 2nd. It’s come as a bit of a shock even though we were trying! I’m excited, but also already panicking about maternity finances 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m around the 5 week mark. No symptoms yet, although it hopefully explains the excessive bloat which has been irritating me for the past few weeks!!
I had hyperemesis with my first so hoping pregnancy this time round will be kinder to me!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
i've just had a proper read into breastfeeding and what the common struggles are / what to look out for. no idea what my approach will be but i think i've reached the stage where i'm just gonna wing it and hope for the best lol
I had no idea what I was doing with breastfeeding at first. I just hoped for the best and found what worked for us and I’ve been feeding him for 18 months. I’m 39 weeks with number 2 and I’m planning to just see what happens there too. I think being too focused on a plan can be more of a negative than a positive with things like that

Does anyone have any experience of a “back to back” birth? I’m 39 weeks and at my last appt midwife told me baby is back to back and if he doesn’t turn it can be a really painful labour. Obviously that doesn’t sound great and I have no idea if baby has or will turn before birth so what do I do? Just wait and see? 😩

• Heart
I had no idea what I was doing with breastfeeding at first. I just hoped for the best and found what worked for us and I’ve been feeding him for 18 months. I’m 39 weeks with number 2 and I’m planning to just see what happens there too. I think being too focused on a plan can be more of a negative than a positive with things like that

Does anyone have any experience of a “back to back” birth? I’m 39 weeks and at my last appt midwife told me baby is back to back and if he doesn’t turn it can be a really painful labour. Obviously that doesn’t sound great and I have no idea if baby has or will turn before birth so what do I do? Just wait and see? 😩
My daughter was back to back and with her arm up so that wasn’t fun. This is a good article about how to help baby change position: https://www.nct.org.uk/labour-birth...ow-get-your-back-back-baby-position-for-birth

I think someone here also suggested spinning babies which are exercises you can do to help them turn.

babies can turn at any time I think.Unfortunately my daughter was back to back and no one spotted it (or mentioned it to me!!!) until the second midwife Came on shift when I was 10cm dialated and basically said I had to have a caesarean. The midwife I spoke to at my booking in appointment told me that there would have been things they could have done to get baby to turn even at that late stage - but while you are 39 weekstry some exercises!

Reactions: 3

My SIL had a back to back birth with my nephew I think it was quite painful but she said she looks back on it fondly!

Still in hospital, I’ve had zero sleep, I’m worried shitless about the baby & now the old woman next to me has started whispering “you will be done, on this day is your heaven, amen” over and over 😭😭 stop the bleeping boat!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Still in hospital, I’ve had zero sleep, I’m worried shitless about the baby & now the old woman next to me has started whispering “you will be done, on this day is your heaven, amen” over and over 😭😭 stop the bleeping boat!
Didn’t want to read and run, about to go for a driving lesson and I’m not the best with words. I hope you get to go home soon with good news and you and baby are well ❤

Reactions: 1
Hey, how soon do you go on maternity leave? I want to work right up till I can possibly can… is the week before too soon thou? What’s everyone’s plans?

I'm only six or seven weeks along but omg I'm really struggling with nausea. I'm not actually throwing up but for the last week I've just felt constantly sick. I can't do anything else to take my mind off it. I've tried ginger, digestives, eating as soon as a I wake up. I found melon helped to start with but doesn't seem to be anymore. Even the thought of sipping water is giving me the boke. Someone help please😭🤣

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I'm only six or seven weeks along but omg I'm really struggling with nausea. I'm not actually throwing up but for the last week I've just felt constantly sick. I can't do anything else to take my mind off it. I've tried ginger, digestives, eating as soon as a I wake up. I found melon helped to start with but doesn't seem to be anymore. Even the thought of sipping water is giving me the boke. Someone help please😭🤣
Hopefully someone can give you some good advice. I’m in same boat my sickness has hit hard the last few days! Struggling to eat or drink anything. And the more hungry I am the worse I feel. Just wanna sleep the days away!

• Heart
Hey, how soon do you go on maternity leave? I want to work right up till I can possibly can… is the week before too soon thou? What’s everyone’s plans?
I went into labour 10 days before my due date! So you just never know. I think I started maternity leave three weeks before, as I had about two weeks sorting the house, batch cooking etc. before my son was born which was about perfect as I was just running out of things to do! 😂

• Heart
sorry no advice here, I’m 15 weeks and I’ve felt like that since 4 weeks, nothing seems to have worked for me!

I really feel for you, there’s not much worse than pregnancy sickness. The one and only thing that worked for me (albeit on and off) was sweets.. lollipops and (non sugared) gummy sweets. Licking the odd lick of the lolly, or teeny tiny nibbles of the sweet purely for a bit of flavour. Not at all nutritious or filling but the flavours took my mind off the sickness for short bursts of time!

I worked all the way up, and missy moo was a week late so that worked out just fine! I didn’t want to take time off before because I wanted to maximise my time with her and I had a really good pregnancy so I was lucky in that respect. Can totally see why people take maternity a few weeks early.

I officially start my maternity leave next week, baby is due mid September. But I saved my annual leave so have been off for a few weeks already.
It's your choice when you take your leave, but Im glad I've had these extra few weeks of holiday leave as I'm just so tired and can't do much now at 38 weeks! But I do have a job where I'm on my feet all day so knew I wouldn't have managed to go too late anyway.

I had a lot of nausea with very little throwing up. I found ice lollies helped a bit around that stage so you're getting a bit of energy and hydration but it doesn't feel like eating! Although it was quite hot when I was at that point.

Also it's a bit counter intuitive but I think the nausea is worse when I'm hungry (I threw up today while making my lunch) it's so difficult to eat when you feel so terrible. I had to adjust to having 5-6 small meals a day because if I ate too much I felt sick and if I didn't eat every 2-3 hours I felt sick! But little snacks almost made it worse, I had to have something small but substantial.

Also completely abandon the idea of breakfast foods, I would have leftovers for breakfast because it was the least effort or the only thing I could face. Or try something you wouldn't normally have, my husband sat me down and we scrolled through the Sainsbury's app looking for savoury snacks and bought anything I remotely liked the idea of and that's how I ended up eating chicken instant noodles with peanut butter almost every day for a month :love:

It's horrible when you are in the thick of it, I hope it passes soon

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.