Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s difficult to say. Did the cramps and bleeding reduce after the passing of the clot? I’d recommend to ring your local EPAU and see what the process is, whether they follow self referrals or need it to come from GP etc x
Yes the cramping and bleeding has stopped after the clot passed yesterday, but the bleeding was really light and I thought it would probably be worse if it was bad news. Thank you for the advice ❤

Reactions: 1
Thank you, that is reassuring. I do realise that I have to sometimes pay attention to clock movements. He seems to have spells and gets animated by ice-cream but it can feel ages between movements.

I’m actually seeing a midwife face-to-face for the first time in 19 weeks (and only second time in total) next week so I’m going to ask more about it then and get nailed down what I should do if I have concerns. At my call a couple of weeks ago I was told to phone up, but the midwife I eventually spoke to wanted me to wait longer before she’d do anything about it. Meanwhile everything online says don’t ignore reduced movements!
Every Trust has different 'rules' on what they'll class as reduced movement.
Because it isn't exactly about how long it's been between feeling them as 12 hours between can be normal for some people yet massively reduced to others.
Which is why they don't advise the 10 kicks within an hour thing anymore because that could be a lot for some but not enough for others. And to go by anything out of your normal pattern.

I went in for reduced movements with my second and I got a bit annoyed that I was calling for reduced movements and they told me to drink cold water and lay on my side.
Because I'd still felt her but it was so much less than normal. But she said "Well you've drank cold water and she moved a bit so it's okay"
I demanded to be seen 😂 because it was still a lot less than our normal

I know headaches have been mentioned on here previously, but not this late in pregnancy I don’t think.
My due date is Thursday and the last couple of days I have been unable to shift my headache. I’ve eaten, slept, taken paracetamol and nothing seems to be working that would usually take a headache off. Any recommendations are welcome!
If I Google, all it comes up with is preeclampsia which I don’t think it is as I have none of the other symptoms. I’m unsure if I still should ring my midwife for just a headache?
I’m seeing her Friday so wasn’t sure whether to just wait until then as I hate feeling like an inconvenience 😬

I know headaches have been mentioned on here previously, but not this late in pregnancy I don’t think.
My due date is Thursday and the last couple of days I have been unable to shift my headache. I’ve eaten, slept, taken paracetamol and nothing seems to be working that would usually take a headache off. Any recommendations are welcome!
If I Google, all it comes up with is preeclampsia which I don’t think it is as I have none of the other symptoms. I’m unsure if I still should ring my midwife for just a headache?
I’m seeing her Friday so wasn’t sure whether to just wait until then as I hate feeling like an inconvenience 😬
Have you had your blood pressure taken just as a precaution? I’d really recommend getting that done - call the midwife and explain, I’m sure they’d rather you err on the side of caution.

Reactions: 3
Have you had your blood pressure taken just as a precaution? I’d really recommend getting that done - call the midwife and explain, I’m sure they’d rather you err on the side of caution.
My blood pressure has always been perfect every time I’ve had any appointment. I’ll see how I am in the morning I think

Some advice please. Due at halloween. I work a job that requires me to go give presentations from time to time. Unknown to me I have approx 17 different presentations up through out September and probably another 4 or 5 early October. These require a lot of prep work and I’m wondering am I being a tad bit unrealistic thinking il be able for this? Basically looking at getting very busy in work from week 32 onwards when I really thought I’d be on the wind down by then.

Some advice please. Due at halloween. I work a job that requires me to go give presentations from time to time. Unknown to me I have approx 17 different presentations up through out September and probably another 4 or 5 early October. These require a lot of prep work and I’m wondering am I being a tad bit unrealistic thinking il be able for this? Basically looking at getting very busy in work from week 32 onwards when I really thought I’d be on the wind down by then.
This is a hard question to answer coz some people get so tired as the pregnancy goes on, and other people are fine right up until they go on mat leave. I personally wouldn't be happy doing it. I found I was totally winding down the closer I got to finishing work and found it very difficult to keep motivated (nothing to do with tiredness or pregnancy symptoms to be honest, could just see the end in sight and lost interest in work!).... Ultimately you and your baby are most important so look after yourselves.

Reactions: 2
This is a hard question to answer coz some people get so tired as the pregnancy goes on, and other people are fine right up until they go on mat leave. I personally wouldn't be happy doing it. I found I was totally winding down the closer I got to finishing work and found it very difficult to keep motivated (nothing to do with tiredness or pregnancy symptoms to be honest, could just see the end in sight and lost interest in work!).... Ultimately you and your baby are most important so look after yourselves.
Oh interest is very low as it is! I honestly hate going in everyday. And I don’t do well thinking and worrying about the work load in September as is. It’s not a job I can off load though so that’s added pressure. If I don’t do them in September they just get delayed until I return to work. That sounds bizarre to you all I understand but it’s just the way my job is. I might do half of them and delay the other half. It’s one of those problems I have to figure out for myself. Thanks for the reply too though

Just need somewhere to rant, things are at rock bottom with my partner and I’m debating leaving I’ve told him this and he says I need to decide asap so we can get me somewhere to stay etc, I just feel so upset and trying not to get too upset for baby but I’m terrified of being alone and doing this alone, I don’t have much support and I feel so much guilt if I leave I just wanted to have my own family that I never had and thinking of my son growing up between two homes breaks my heart I don’t know the meaning of this post but I’m feeling really scared about my future

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It can literally change within hours if you do happen to develop pre eclampsia
As my NCT course leader says: if in doubt “CALL THE MIDWIFE”. Even if just for peace of mind for yourself that it’s “just” a headache.

Reactions: 3
Not to scare you but I had a headache that wouldn’t go for a few days when I was a week overdue. I went in for a sweep and when I had my blood pressure checked it was too high and I was then sent to the labour ward for induction. Please get checked, it could be nothing but it could also be high bp.

40+5. No longer hopeful this baby is going to come without me being induced which I really don't want. Has anyone had an induction recently or previously? I'm pretty worried about having one as everyone I know has had a negative experience.. some even ended up having a C-section which is a big no from me 😔

I always said I wouldn't have a birth plan for this reason... I'm already worried about things 'going wrong' when really all that matters is baby is okay.

Anyway, as of today I'm not doing anything. Clearly baby will come when it's ready and nothing is going to persuade it otherwise naturally!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
40+5. No longer hopeful this baby is going to come without me being induced which I really don't want. Has anyone had an induction recently or previously? I'm pretty worried about having one as everyone I know has had a negative experience.. some even ended up having a C-section which is a big no from me 😔

I always said I wouldn't have a birth plan for this reason... I'm already worried about things 'going wrong' when really all that matters is baby is okay.

Anyway, as of today I'm not doing anything. Clearly baby will come when it's ready and nothing is going to persuade it otherwise naturally!
I've had 3 inductions as my babies don't like to come themselves 😂

All 3 have been positive experiences (induction part anyway) the other things weren't related to being induced at all.

If I were to have another baby, I'd happily accept another induction.

I actually thoroughly enjoyed my birth this time and being induced to the point I was kind of feeling jealous of the people that were currently going through it months after mine 😂

My first i didn't have an induction until 2 weeks over.
I think most places will book you in at 10 days over now though

• Heart
Just need somewhere to rant, things are at rock bottom with my partner and I’m debating leaving I’ve told him this and he says I need to decide asap so we can get me somewhere to stay etc, I just feel so upset and trying not to get too upset for baby but I’m terrified of being alone and doing this alone, I don’t have much support and I feel so much guilt if I leave I just wanted to have my own family that I never had and thinking of my son growing up between two homes breaks my heart I don’t know the meaning of this post but I’m feeling really scared about my future
I’m sorry your feeling so down. It doesn’t sound like you have the support of your boyfriend and that’s hard. Do you mind me asking is there a big age gap? It just doesn’t sound like you guys are on the same page at all. This level of unease isn’t good for you at this stage of your pregnancy if at all ever

Sorry you are still feeling this way, you have been mentioning this for some time now! My advice would be to get out of there. People often think staying together for the sake of the child is the better option but you are only showcasing that it's ok to remain in a relationship you are unhappy in. You need to ask yourself is it going to be harder for you to Co-parent living separately, or to remain in an unhappy relationship?

Reactions: 8
Did anyone have an extra scan at 32 weeks and know what their baby weighed there? I had a scan last week and My baby is 3lb 12oz and the lady seemed really happy and has marked me as 50th centile but of course I googled it 🤔 and other peoples babies seemed to be much bigger at 32 weeks? Anyone who had a similar weight at 32 weeks want to share what baby was at term?

Did anyone have an extra scan at 32 weeks and know what their baby weighed there? I had a scan last week and My baby is 3lb 12oz and the lady seemed really happy and has marked me as 50th centile but of course I googled it 🤔 and other peoples babies seemed to be much bigger at 32 weeks? Anyone who had a similar weight at 32 weeks want to share what baby was at term?
Your baby's percentile/weight is based on you. Nobody's percentile chart during pregnancy will be the same.

For example, if you're underweight and say, 5ft, a baby will be higher on your percentile chart than someone who's bigger and taller.

The charts/percentile lines are estimated based on the pregnant woman.

So 3lb 12 for you, may be a 90th percentile for one person, but a 25th percentile for someone else 😊

(An example, My first was 4lb 2 at 32 weeks and on the 20th percentile but my third was estimated 4lb 1 at 32 weeks but 70th percentile. Only difference was I weighed less)

• Heart
I’m sorry your feeling so down. It doesn’t sound like you have the support of your boyfriend and that’s hard. Do you mind me asking is there a big age gap? It just doesn’t sound like you guys are on the same page at all. This level of unease isn’t good for you at this stage of your pregnancy if at all ever
Yeah there is an age gap, I’ve spent my whole pregnancy so far upset crying or anxious and feeling down

• Sad
  • Heart
I’ve got one booked for 32 weeks but it’s to check the position of my placenta as it’s quite low

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.