Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Your baby's percentile/weight is based on you. Nobody's percentile chart during pregnancy will be the same.

For example, if you're underweight and say, 5ft, a baby will be higher on your percentile chart than someone who's bigger and taller.

The charts/percentile lines are estimated based on the pregnant woman.

So 3lb 12 for you, may be a 90th percentile for one person, but a 25th percentile for someone else 😊

(An example, My first was 4lb 2 at 32 weeks and on the 20th percentile but my third was estimated 4lb 1 at 32 weeks but 70th percentile. Only difference was I weighed less)
thank you so much! I stupidly didn’t realise it’s different for other people 😂 tbf I am small so it makes sense

I’ve got one booked for 32 weeks but it’s to check the position of my placenta as it’s quite low
good luck! Hope the placenta has moved as that’s happened to a few of my friends💛

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yeah there is an age gap, I’ve spent my whole pregnancy so far upset crying or anxious and feeling down
Would you consider taking a break from him to just get back to yourself? You need to be strong. You know you can absolutely do this. You have been feeling like this too long and once you put the wheels in motion you will never feel this bad again

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Would you consider taking a break from him to just get back to yourself? You need to be strong. You know you can absolutely do this. You have been feeling like this too long and once you put the wheels in motion you will never feel this bad again
I’m just scared to be alone but deep down I know it’s what’s best for baby too

• Heart
Growing up in an environment where the parents don't get on/love each other/argue is going to be worse for them than living with separated parents

Reactions: 10
I've still got a headache. I rang the midwife on Sunday and she went through a few questions and said it was likely to be hormonal, particularly as I've suffered with migraines before. She said to get back in touch if I have any changes in vision, stomach pain or sudden puffiness.
It did ease off a bit yesterday and I thought it had gone this morning but I got to work and it was like my brain was throbbing inside my skull, all on the right side and in my ear. I've rang the doctors and just waiting for a telephone appt this afternoon. I just want to feel well again, it feels like it's been one thing after another these last few weeks.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
a lady from my NCT group left her partner (who didn’t come to any of our groups because he said it wasn’t his thing….) and I think she was much happier - she said to me she did everything anyway so in a way it made things easier that he wasn’t there because she didn’t resent him as much and she felt happier.

Reactions: 5
Had my 20 week scan today, all looking great 🤗 We also found out we’re having a baby girl 💞 what an emotional experience, so happy! x

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I've been feeling really nauseous but not actually being sick - I get really hungry to the point of feeling sick, really quickly. Haven't been able to do anything for almost the last week including have a shower. The only thing that seems to work is eating almost constantly, had a snack at 10.30 last night before going to bed, woke up at 5.30 and forced down some houmous, flatbread and veg cous cous, went back to sleep and was starving again at 9.30. Feeling really miserable as all I can do is sit on the sofa and go to sleep. Does anyone have any advice?

Reactions: 1
I've been feeling really nauseous but not actually being sick - I get really hungry to the point of feeling sick, really quickly. Haven't been able to do anything for almost the last week including have a shower. The only thing that seems to work is eating almost constantly, had a snack at 10.30 last night before going to bed, woke up at 5.30 and forced down some houmous, flatbread and veg cous cous, went back to sleep and was starving again at 9.30. Feeling really miserable as all I can do is sit on the sofa and go to sleep. Does anyone have any advice?
Can you remind me if this is also COVID related or just a general pregnancy issue? Have you had any blood work done? I wonder if you might be deficient in something which could add to the tiredness.

I felt wiped out in the first trimester (didn’t help getting COVID too) but fortunately escaped any morning sickness. Not so much I couldn’t shower though and I was working full time inc. when I had COVID (I work from home mainly) so yours is a much more extreme case!

It’s recommended to eat little and often which is what you’re doing, and to take naps if you can.

Can you remind me if this is also COVID related or just a general pregnancy issue? Have you had any blood work done? I wonder if you might be deficient in something which could add to the tiredness.

I felt wiped out in the first trimester (didn’t help getting COVID too) but fortunately escaped any morning sickness. Not so much I couldn’t shower though and I was working full time inc. when I had COVID (I work from home mainly) so yours is a much more extreme case!

It’s recommended to eat little and often which is what you’re doing, and to take naps if you can.
Thanks, I don't have COVID so probably isn't that. I am 9 weeks and have first midwife appt next week. I also WFH and had to take a couple of days off this week as I just can't focus. I'm trying to avoid naps as usually I have a much worse night's sleep which just exacerbates the whole thing. I feel like I'm permanently hungover!

Thanks, I don't have COVID so probably isn't that. I am 9 weeks and have first midwife appt next week. I also WFH and had to take a couple of days off this week as I just can't focus. I'm trying to avoid naps as usually I have a much worse night's sleep which just exacerbates the whole thing. I feel like I'm permanently hungover!
This is exactly how I felt around the 9/10 week mark, and it was awful. I had crippling headaches too and it was by far the worst part of pregnancy for me (so far, now 32 weeks). For me the only things that helped was resting - I also WFH but had leave booked around that time anyway so spent the week just lying on the sofa feeling a bit sorry for myself. By 11 weeks I started to feel better and by 12/13 was feeling back to normal. Sorry I don’t have any better practical advice, but completely sympathise with how you’re feeling

• Heart
I feel like this too and I’m nearly 10weeks. The only thing I’ve found that helps is eating smaller meals/snacks more often. It’s really draining and I struggle to cope when working. I feel like it’s starting to ease or else I’m just coping with it better. I only had nausea at night with my first baby so feeling sick all day long took me by surprise.

• Heart
Can I ask if anyone has any recommendations for best value car seats? We got rid of our last ones 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ But now surprise baby is in the mix I need to source a new one. I’m considering one of those all-in-1 seats that go up to 12 yrs old because it probably presents good value in the long run - although I feel like not being able to take the car seat out when the baby is asleep is a bit of a shame - but they’re only in it a little while anyway. Sorry, braindump…

Can I ask if anyone has any recommendations for best value car seats? We got rid of our last ones 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ But now surprise baby is in the mix I need to source a new one. I’m considering one of those all-in-1 seats that go up to 12 yrs old because it probably presents good value in the long run - although I feel like not being able to take the car seat out when the baby is asleep is a bit of a shame - but they’re only in it a little while anyway. Sorry, braindump…
100% reccomend the Joie 360. Although it only lasts until around age 4 but it's well worth the money. Especially if you get a decent deal

I’ve got a joie360 too, which my 3 year old is it atm it’s great. I’ve got a silver cross group 0/1 I think it is for the baby which I had for my eldest I’m just going to get it cleaned. It came with the pram and clips onto the wheels

I’m so tired, and hungry - and when I tell my husband his immediate instinct is to tell me he feels the same 😆 I honestly want to throw a soft, yet sturdy object at his head.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Haven’t used it because baby isn’t here yet, But I got the silver cross motion 360 (or whatever it’s called) because it lasts until 12 years. Managed to get it on sale too so it seemed like a really good deal to say it’s the only seat I’ll have to buy.
It’s really soft and was easy to install.
Yes it’s set into the car and cannot be removed to pop into house or shops etc but I have a pram that comes with a bassinet so figured it means I get my moneys worth out of that too. Otherwise I’d just end up using the car seat on the pram and would never use the bassinet. If that makes sense 😃

Sorry guys, slight rant possibly just from me being very fed up of being sick at 20 bloody weeks. Whenever I mention to someone IRL that I’ve had a bout of nausea and sickness these past few days, they all, without me asking for suggestions start listing off things like ginger, flat lemonade, mint tea at me. It’s driving me mad, probably because the nausea is making me moody! 😅

i didn’t ask and I wasn’t born yesterday! I also know how to Google and have looked at the NHS website. I know all the well known nausea cures. I just had to tell you out of necessity because either you asked how I was and it’s pretty all consuming, or I’m texting you to say I can’t come to something because I’m dry heaving next to the toilet. I honestly will scream if one more person helpfully suggests I “nibble on a ginger biscuit”… ! Also I currently have stocks of all these things in the house and the only things working are dry toast and lucozade.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Sorry guys, slight rant possibly just from me being very fed up of being sick at 20 bloody weeks. Whenever I mention to someone IRL that I’ve had a bout of nausea and sickness these past few days, they all, without me asking for suggestions start listing off things like ginger, flat lemonade, mint tea at me. It’s driving me mad, probably because the nausea is making me moody! 😅

i didn’t ask and I wasn’t born yesterday! I also know how to Google and have looked at the NHS website. I know all the well known nausea cures. I just had to tell you out of necessity because either you asked how I was and it’s pretty all consuming, or I’m texting you to say I can’t come to something because I’m dry heaving next to the toilet. I honestly will scream if one more person helpfully suggests I “nibble on a ginger biscuit”… ! Also I currently have stocks of all these things in the house and the only things working are dry toast and lucozade.
“Have you tried ice cubes?” I’ll throw a frigging ice cube at your head. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.