Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those of you with previous babies, did you find that taking newborn sleepsuits or up to one month to the hospital were better? I know a lot of shops newborn size is up to 7lb 8 or around that but my friend said that her baby was 8lb 2 and in newborn for a few weeks so thinking will up to month be far too big?
I took 3 of newborn and 3 of 0-3. The 0-3 was absolutely massive on her. She was 7lb 1 at birth, last week they weighed her as 8lb and she’s still fitting in newborn x

Reactions: 3
First midwife appointment this morning, only 8am and I'm already sweating and still have to get on a rush hour bus to get there! This weather is too much

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My baby was 7lb1 but had to wear tiny baby for the first couple of weeks

girls for those of you with back pain, get a bump band. I got the cantaloop one from John Lewis I’ve been wearing it for bed as my back pain is worst of a morning and it is really helping

Reactions: 4
A warning to everyone to stay out of the sun this weekend. I had some (not enough) sunscreen on the other day and I got burnt to a crisp. I am in agony with it still and some spots aren’t even beginning to ease yet. I’ve since discovered that a woman’s skin burns easier when pregnant. So save yourself the hassle and stay inside with your fans and ice creams!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Yes we stocked up on ice creams/ice lolly’s and got some ice in the freezer last night and the worst of heatwave is still to come.. will be staying in as much as possible

I had a phone call yesterday to say they’ve had to move my scan because they’re not going to run their mobile unit that day because of the heat. We can still go into their main clinic though. It’s on Tuesday and we have highs of 34 here that day 🥲

Those of you with previous babies, did you find that taking newborn sleepsuits or up to one month to the hospital were better? I know a lot of shops newborn size is up to 7lb 8 or around that but my friend said that her baby was 8lb 2 and in newborn for a few weeks so thinking will up to month be far too big?
Not yet had my baby, but I worked in mothercare for years and one of the main takeaways I got was newborn is small for a lot of newborns and they grow out of it quickly. 0-3 might be a little loose on some but it fits most babies and is the better size to get for hospital. Newborns good if you know your baby will be on the smaller side only

Reactions: 1
Definitely would recommend 0-1 months or Jojo mama/mamas and papas newborn is up to 10lb! M&S sizes are tiny and so newborn never for either of mine x

Reactions: 2
All the single parents on here, I’ve just seen an Instagram page for an app for single parents. It’s @frolo_app in ig and looked like had some good resources on there.

I have my first appointment today too! Hope yours goes well and you don’t get too overheated! ☺
Thank you, the journey there was v hot and stressful but the midwife was lovely. She sent me for a scan as they found a tiny bit of blood in the urine sample and because of previous losses. So we legged it to the hospital on another bus which was also a bit stressful as we haven't been there since my first miscarriage. But everything was fine on the scan and we got to see them wiggling around and the heartbeat (and the two separate sides of the brain which was wild!)

Hope yours also went well!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
With my little boy they kept telling me he'd be on the big side, so I bought 0-3 in most stuff. I had 1 newborn set that I'd bought after my 12 week scan, and 2 newborn sleepsuits that were handed down.

When he was born he was 7lb 6, and everything buried him apart from those 3 items. We had to go shopping the day after we got home from hospital to get a few bits.

You can get sleepsuits and vests so cheaply now in supermarkets, I'd say its definitely worth having a few smaller ones to hand, just in case.

Reactions: 6
All sizes are so different from different shops, I only had newborn for my son at hospital and home but he was 8lb 7oz and newborn only just fit him and had to change to up to 1 month within 2 weeks, so this time going to take a mixture of both but mine will all be from first baby so a bit easier for me as I’m not having to buy anything new. I will say though even though he was on the bigger side 0-3 months drowned him!

Reactions: 2
I don’t know what bottles to use. I used tommee tippee last time and had no problems but I keep seeing on tiktok that mam are the way to go? Any tips 😂
We are trying Nuk this time, as that's what they use in hospitals round here.

We tried both Tommee Tippee and Dr Browns colic bottles last time. Tommee Tippee ones are super fat and don't fit well in changing bags plus they leak a fair bit. Dr Browns are well made but the colic ones have so many extra parts that washing them when sleep deprived was a real cumbersome task.

I haven't tried MAM but I have a small bottle I got as a freebie so will see when baby is here.

I would personally take a bit of both. Your partner can always bring more, and honestly they're unlikely to be very sicky or mustard tit up their back a few days old, so will stay fairly clean.

With my daughter I bought both and she was 7lbs 11.5oz... newborn was still quite roomy on her. At the moment I'm expected to have a 10th centile baby so have just packed newborn (predicted to be about 6lbs 10oz).

Last edited:
For anyone looking for a nice swimming costume whilst pregnant I ordered the Mama Crinkled Swimsuit from H&M and it’s great. Pregnancy has blessed me with large boobs and I feel supported in it, I’ve tried others recently and they were bordering on inappropriate haha. I also felt good in it too which isn’t something I say a lot whilst being pregnant. I’m usually a 12/14 but ordered a large because I know my body has changed a lot and it fits nicely.

Reactions: 4
My baby was 7lb1 but had to wear tiny baby for the first couple of weeks

girls for those of you with back pain, get a bump band. I got the cantaloop one from John Lewis I’ve been wearing it for bed as my back pain is worst of a morning and it is really helping
Blair girl get yourself down to Paschal in West Derby Osteo - man is worth his weight in gold!

I’m really struggling ladies I can’t stop crying and getting so upset I’m barely eating I feel so down about this breakup I’m terrified absolutely terrified and stressed about moving and everything 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
The one on town row??? They never answer the bleeping phone. I’ll try tomorrow. I was trying for a while before I got pregnant to get in with him tbh
Yeah town row!
Ah call him on the hour or just before say around five to , someone will pick up but yeah , they’re a pain like to get hold of. He’s boss honestly , cracks me up n all.

• Heart
I’m really struggling ladies I can’t stop crying and getting so upset I’m barely eating I feel so down about this breakup I’m terrified absolutely terrified and stressed about moving and everything 💔
I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling so bad. Do you have a support system around you? Just remember who you’re doing this all for. You’re stronger than you know. You can do this ❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.