Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You can organise your own Baby first aid training with your NCT group via St Johns, that often works quite nicely as they run with ~5 or so per group

quick question - when did people tell their parents they were expecting? Last time I told my mum really early because I thought I needed to know about family history (didn’t get asked one question). But this time I don’t Know when I should tell them.
We told 1 person each around 7 weeks, told our family and friends at 11 and a half weeks, after we had our first scan. In hindsight I wish we had waited a little longer but at the time we couldn't wait any more 😅

Reactions: 1
Hi looking some advice, have bad neck and upper back pain. I think from our toddler sleeping in our bed. I see I can’t use heat patches or deep heat gel. Anything else I can use instead?
Hey, ice packs, hot water bottle & going for a bath 🤗

Reactions: 3
You can organise your own Baby first aid training with your NCT group via St Johns, that often works quite nicely as they run with ~5 or so per group

quick question - when did people tell their parents they were expecting? Last time I told my mum really early because I thought I needed to know about family history (didn’t get asked one question). But this time I don’t Know when I should tell them.
We both told our parents pretty early, was just over 5 weeks
But we haven’t told anyone else and we probably won’t until after the 12w scan

If we didn’t have any problems with getting and staying pregnant I don’t think we would’ve told our parents so soon either

hubby is desperate to tell other people in his life and keeps asking me but I’m def not comfy with it until after that scan

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Do you know what’s pissing me off. Every time I moan about the hot weather here being uncomfortable, some idiot tries to rain on my parade ‘how are u gonna cope when you’re abroad?’ Erm well I won’t be working, won’t be sat at a sweaty desk, won’t have housework to do, there will be a pool, there will be the sea, there will be aircon, so duck off please
I got this ALL week, I’m now in Spain and I’ve hibernated myself in the pool. Me and bump have never been happier & I’ve slept better than I have for the last 21 weeks! People are just dickheads! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Do you know what’s pissing me off. Every time I moan about the hot weather here being uncomfortable, some idiot tries to rain on my parade ‘how are u gonna cope when you’re abroad?’ Erm well I won’t be working, won’t be sat at a sweaty desk, won’t have housework to do, there will be a pool, there will be the sea, there will be aircon, so duck off please
I’m going to newyork next month, really excited about it and everyone I have spoke to has shat all over it completely pulling that face “how are you feeling about it?” “Oh that’s newyork ruined then!” “You’ll not be able to cope” “oh newyork is a big place you’ll not be able to do all the things you want” “you must be dreading it!” “If you can’t cope with this heat how will you cope with the heat over there”

Forgot I wasn’t allowed to do NYC my own way at my own pace 😅 my Scottish home is equipped mainly for cold weather and it’s a newbuild that’s insulated to the hilt, that is why I’m struggling piss off! These are also the same people who give me into trouble for “over doing it” cutting my grass, strimming & weeding twice a week! You can’t win!

I told my mum & dad at 8 + 3 weeks - I just needed some extra support as my tiredness, nausea and food aversions kicked in then so it was hard to hide 😊

I got this ALL week, I’m now in Spain and I’ve hibernated myself in the pool. Me and bump have never been happier & I’ve slept better than I have for the last 21 weeks! People are just dickheads! Xx
Super jealous of you chilling in the pool, enjoy!! 😍 so good you are sleeping better, that’s a massive win! x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We told my in laws at 8 weeks (we’re very close to them and wanted someone to know in case bean didn’t stick). Then had a private scan at 11 weeks so we could tell rest of family at Christmas. Then had “12 weeks scan” at around 13 weeks with NHS and told everyone else etc. I had to tell work super early as I had awful morning sickness and it was becoming very obvious what the problem was 😂

We told my parents pretty much straight away this time as with having HG previously I didn’t want them to find out as I rang them crying for help 🫣😂 my husbands parents were told after we had a scan at 8w as they don’t help with our toddler so we could hold out

Don’t know if this has already been mentioned but Aldi have a baby event on atm. Some nice stuff on there including a dr browns glass bottle set for £25.

I don’t know what bottles to use. I used tommee tippee last time and had no problems but I keep seeing on tiktok that mam are the way to go? Any tips 😂

I don’t know what bottles to use. I used tommee tippee last time and had no problems but I keep seeing on tiktok that mam are the way to go? Any tips 😂
We changed from tommee tippee to mam.
100% prefer mam. Even better that you don't need a steriliser too

• Heart
Have heard of babies not taking to the tommee tippee ones but I'm not sure why. I've only bought a handful of mam bottles and soothers til I make sure the baby will take them 🙈

Everyone I know who’s had a baby recently have raved about mam bottles! So that’s what we’ve gone with. I also like that they can be sterilised just in the microwave so helpful for when we visit family

I’ve opted for mam bottles but I’ve been told you can’t put them in a jug of water to cool down as they let in water through the bottom?

I’ve opted for mam bottles but I’ve been told you can’t put them in a jug of water to cool down as they let in water through the bottom?
You can. We've always done it.

They have a rim where the bottom screws on and people think it's leaking. When it's just water that got stuck in the rim when you take it out the jug.

Weve never had them leak at all 😊

I'm in exactly the same boat, we used Tommee Tippee and had no issues. 2 of my friends and all of social media are obsessed with Mam ones 🤷🏻‍♀️

My daughter couldn’t get on with the tommee tippee bottles - for some reason loads of milk just leaked down her cheeks and chin - it was a right mess. The teats are quite big and long whereas the mam teats are a bit squashed a short (a bit more nipple like I suppose). The holes in the bottom are meant to be good for colic but I can’t say whether that helped tbh. I think if your baby gets on with the first bottle they have you’re on to a winner - It’s an expensive exercise trying to find the right one.

Has anyone purchased or used an Owlet Smart Sock? Considering one for peace of mind and they’re in the Amazon Prime sale today so wanted any thoughts/reviews.

My daughter couldn’t get on with the tommee tippee bottles - for some reason loads of milk just leaked down her cheeks and chin - it was a right mess. The teats are quite big and long whereas the mam teats are a bit squashed a short (a bit more nipple like I suppose). The holes in the bottom are meant to be good for colic but I can’t say whether that helped tbh. I think if your baby gets on with the first bottle they have you’re on to a winner - It’s an expensive exercise trying to find the right one.
This too with the colic.
My first and second both had colic. Used tommee tippee.
3rd, used Mam. No colic.
May be a coincidence. But who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️

Has anyone purchased or used an Owlet Smart Sock? Considering one for peace of mind and they’re in the Amazon Prime sale today so wanted any thoughts/reviews.
The only people I've heard of using them are influencers, which is an immediate red flag for me because they are getting paid to promote them! Any midwives from the antenatal classes I've done haven't recommended them because people become too reliant on them and don't look for other signs then, so I haven't been sold on them. Like that, would love a review from an actual person (not someone getting paid to promote 😅)

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.