Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m really struggling ladies I can’t stop crying and getting so upset I’m barely eating I feel so down about this breakup I’m terrified absolutely terrified and stressed about moving and everything 💔
Just keep telling yourself that he will not make you feel any better than you do now! He is no addition to you. You can do this by yourself you know you can!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Not sure if it’s been mentioned on here already but for those suffering with acid reflux, my consultant prescribed me omeprazole to stop the acid irritating my asthma and it works a dream for me. From the very next day no more acid.

Definitely worth asking for instead of shelling out for Rennie etc which didn’t scratch the surface for me.

Reactions: 4
13 weeks at my dating scan the other day ( a week more than I thought) and have been having light period cramps the last few days. Anyone else?

13 weeks at my dating scan the other day ( a week more than I thought) and have been having light period cramps the last few days. Anyone else?
Could be your uterus growing and stretching. If you’re a PT I would imagine your body is quite taut and toned so you may feel this more. If you’re not having uncomfortable pain and no bleeding I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about, but as always phone your midwife if you’re unsure.

I’ve always had the odd mild cramp on and off, usually every few days. I’m now nearly 22 weeks and all good. As @Clickbait said a lot of people can feel they’re uterus stretching to accommodate the growing baby. If the pain is severe or you have bleeding then it’s more of a concern.

Reactions: 2
I have Tommee Tippee, Mam and NUK and the NUK are my favourite by far! Not as easy to get hold of though
Glad to hear as I have a few packs ready! We got them half price in Boots, I think 4 bottles for £10? Thought that was pretty good

I have abs ( for now haha) so I’m guessing everything is stretching. It’s not severe at all just very mild period pains. Also I probably sound so so selfish but is it normal to be this scared about losing their pre baby body? I feel selfish in a way because I know so many women would love to be pregnant but with my job and my lifestyle it’s like My whole life revolves around fitness and I worry that I could potentially lose it all 😩 that sounded less pathetic in my head 😂😂😂

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I have abs ( for now haha) so I’m guessing everything is stretching. It’s not severe at all just very mild period pains. Also I probably sound so so selfish but is it normal to be this scared about losing their pre baby body? I feel selfish in a way because I know so many women would love to be pregnant but with my job and my lifestyle it’s like My whole life revolves around fitness and I worry that I could potentially lose it all 😩 that sounded less pathetic in my head 😂😂😂
It’s very normal to feel like that around your body changing - particularly with the work that you do.

It’s very normal to feel like that around your body changing - particularly with the work that you do.
I have friends who have had similar bodies to me and have bounced back and others who are nowhere near where they use to be and they’re happy! Trying to accept it in a way that being a new mam comes with a new body but it’s so hard to accept! Sorry for the whinge guys 😂

I have Tommee Tippee, Mam and NUK and the NUK are my favourite by far! Not as easy to get hold of though
I also swear by Nuk! They were the best for my son who had reflux so we’ve stocked up again for this baby. Nuk are the brand the disposable hospital bottles are as well so babies get used to them there if you bottle feed from day dot.

I have friends who have had similar bodies to me and have bounced back and others who are nowhere near where they use to be and they’re happy! Trying to accept it in a way that being a new mam comes with a new body but it’s so hard to accept! Sorry for the whinge guys 😂
Motherhood looks different on everyone… You won’t know which side of the fence you fall on until you come out the other side… I think people’s ability to bounce back or whatever correlates to a great number of things so it’s complex because the equation isn’t mum+baby+exercise+healthy eating = body it’s more like mum+baby+support network+baby’s nature/health+mum’s mental health+financial situation…+…+…= body

Either way your body will have given you the chance to be a mum and you can be happy with that - I know your body as a PT is like your business card/ best advert but you might get more mum clients as a result (I am obviously just speculating!)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Motherhood looks different on everyone… You won’t know which side of the fence you fall on until you come out the other side… I think people’s ability to bounce back or whatever correlates to a great number of things so it’s complex because the equation isn’t mum+baby+exercise+healthy eating = body it’s more like mum+baby+support network+baby’s nature/health+mum’s mental health+financial situation…+…+…= body

Either way your body will have given you the chance to be a mum and you can be happy with that - I know your body as a PT is like your business card/ best advert but you might get more mum clients as a result (I am obviously just speculating!)
that’s a good way to look at it actually! A shift in clients. Thank you 💗

Reactions: 3
How am I meant to work today 😭 all I want to do is think about my tiny strawberry sized baby 😭husband has gone into the office so I can't even go and interrupt him

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thought I'd share the link to the pyjamas I've just bought for hospital (for after birth, I have a nightie for labour). Now please don't shoot me for buying from Boohoo. I know what they're like and I dislike them a lot, but I also had to order some other bits and I'm on a tight budget at the moment. But this set is brilliant... lovely thin material with loads of stretch. The shorts waistband go up really high so would be suitable for anyone having a section too. I'd previous shoved a set of long sleeve black pyjamas in my hospital bag but with this heatwave I quickly reconsidered 😂

Just came back from my 28 week midwife app and baby boy is measuring just ahead of 29 weeks, I knew I felt bigger than 28 😂
Nothing to be worried about she said but she’ll see me at 31 weeks instead of 35 just to monitor. Anyone else had bigger measurements?

Just came back from my 28 week midwife app and baby boy is measuring just ahead of 29 weeks, I knew I felt bigger than 28 😂
Nothing to be worried about she said but she’ll see me at 31 weeks instead of 35 just to monitor. Anyone else had bigger measurements?
Had my 28 week midwife appointment yesterday and as I have a growth scan at the hospital on Monday they didn’t measure me. People have said the tape measurements aren’t always very accurate. Perhaps wait and see what happens at 31w - you could always request a scan?

Lower back pain on the right side has made an appearance today. Hope it’s not a new symptom because it’s rather uncomfortable 😬

Got my letter for my dating scan today

there’s 4 weeks between that and my private scan on Tuesday
Hopefully all will be okay Tuesday and it will be exciting to see the difference in 4 weeks
😁

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Have managed to avoid Covid for over two years and unfortunately tested positive today. Feel horrible, got chills, aches and really sore head. I’m 11 weeks pregnant. I’m taking paracetemol which is helping but I just feel really anxious about it. I haven’t had my 12week scan yet and just praying everything is ok. 🙏

• Heart
Have managed to avoid Covid for over two years and unfortunately tested positive today. Feel horrible, got chills, aches and really sore head. I’m 11 weeks pregnant. I’m taking paracetemol which is helping but I just feel really anxious about it. I haven’t had my 12week scan yet and just praying everything is ok. 🙏
Please try not to worry, there have been many people in this thread who have had COVID whilst pregnant and baby has been fine. I had it at 10 weeks and the midwives weren’t unduly worried. Just keep an eye on your breathing. You can buy an oximeter to monitor your oxygen levels if you’re worried.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.