Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone purchased or used an Owlet Smart Sock? Considering one for peace of mind and they’re in the Amazon Prime sale today so wanted any thoughts/reviews.
I also want to get one of these! I feel like it would put my mind at rest and I wouldn’t be waking every 2 mins to check it’s breathing 😂

Has anyone purchased or used an Owlet Smart Sock? Considering one for peace of mind and they’re in the Amazon Prime sale today so wanted any thoughts/reviews.
ive got one. I first got it with my now 2 year old and am using it with my 10 month old. I think it’s great, I can get real time readings on oxygen and heart rate (and can look at the previous nights oxygen, heart rate and quantity/quality of sleep). There’s different alert noises depending on the notification, the red alert (breathing/heart rate alarm) is loud and can’t be missed. Obviously we use it as well as following safe sleep guidelines but I think it’s just an added level of protection, easy to use and notifies if it changes position or comes loose. I’ve recommended it to anyone who’s asked.
when my youngest had bronchitis at 2 months i could see his oxygen levels and make sure he wasn’t struggling.
I’ve been really lucky in that I’ve never had a red alert so I can’t help with that side of things but I trust it enough with both my boys and any future babies we might have

Reactions: 3
I have, and whilst it's a really amazing bit of kit, I ended up getting rid of it.
I bought it as the twins were premature & I'd got so used to relying on the hospital machines, but I actually found it heightened my anxiety and I was persistently checking it& it quickly became obsessive. One night I'd not secured it onto one twins foot correctly and it came off and it left me in such a state my partner got rid of them.
I think, if your not an overly anxious person they're amazing for a quick bit of reassurance, but if you can easily fixate on things I think they can make problems escalate quite quickly in your head.

Reactions: 6
My SIL has one. She said you have to be quite careful how you interpret what it says and how much weight you give to it. As well as giving unnecessary cause for concern, even worse would be false reassurance eg if other things are off but the sock stats are ok and just relying on that might be risky. She and my BIL are both very data focused though and all about apps, logging feeds and sleep etc so it works for them. I think for them it's mainly another data point and some reassurance.

Reactions: 4
I don’t know what bottles to use. I used tommee tippee last time and had no problems but I keep seeing on tiktok that mam are the way to go? Any tips 😂
mam bottles for the win, i’m not gonna lie i just think they look pretty and my boyfriend will know how to sterilise properly!

• Heart
Decided to leave the owlet for now but did pick up some mam bottles on Prime offer. Thanks for the tips ladies 😄

I don’t know what bottles to use. I used tommee tippee last time and had no problems but I keep seeing on tiktok that mam are the way to go? Any tips 😂
We used mam with our 3yo so have gone the same this time. I just love not having to have a steriliser tbh 😂

This is going to sound daft, with the mam bottles, do you sterilise one by one in the microwave? I’m keen to get them!
You can do multiple, you just increase the time your microwave them for!

‘When sterilising multiple bottles with this method: increase the time by one minute for each additional bottle. You can sterilise up to 6 MAM Easy Start Bottles at a time.’

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Those of you with previous babies, did you find that taking newborn sleepsuits or up to one month to the hospital were better? I know a lot of shops newborn size is up to 7lb 8 or around that but my friend said that her baby was 8lb 2 and in newborn for a few weeks so thinking will up to month be far too big?

Reactions: 1
Sooo tonight at work one of my clients had a ten week old kitten this thing is WILD like rabid it literally jumped onto my back it’s scratched me so badly all over my arms and bit me and drew blood it’s not the cleanest of houses and I don’t think it’s had any jags I came home and washed and applied sudocreme as it’s only thing I had should I contact my midwife tomorrow/drs?

Sooo tonight at work one of my clients had a ten week old kitten this thing is WILD like rabid it literally jumped onto my back it’s scratched me so badly all over my arms and bit me and drew blood it’s not the cleanest of houses and I don’t think it’s had any jags I came home and washed and applied sudocreme as it’s only thing I had should I contact my midwife tomorrow/drs?
If the cat hasn't been outside, you should be fine anyway.

I think you can do up to 6 ☺
You can do multiple, you just increase the time your microwave them for!

‘When sterilising multiple bottles with this method: increase the time by one minute for each additional bottle. You can sterilise up to 6 MAM Easy Start Bottles at a time.’
Amazing thanks ladies! If I wasn’t already sold on them before I certainly am now! 🤗

This is going to sound daft, with the mam bottles, do you sterilise one by one in the microwave? I’m keen to get them!
Like a few others have said you can do more than one, so if you’re just doing 1 it’s 3 mins, then add a minute for each additional bottle 🙂 I only ever did 4 at a time cos I found they fit easier that way, but it makes it so much more convenient especially if you’re out visiting people only having to take one bottle 🙌🏼

• Heart
Like a few others have said you can do more than one, so if you’re just doing 1 it’s 3 mins, then add a minute for each additional bottle 🙂 I only ever did 4 at a time cos I found they fit easier that way, but it makes it so much more convenient especially if you’re out visiting people only having to take one bottle 🙌🏼
Thank you! That’s actually a brilliant point, no mad dash to make sure there is extra bottles sterilised!🙌🏼 Off to amazon to order! x

hey guys what was everyone’s experience with 3D/4D scans please, in my area they offer 3d/4d sneak peak at the 16 week private gender scans and i’m scared if the baby is not formed yet lol 😂 went i saw the 12 week scan it was sooo lovely my baby waved 😻, but i just saw a huge head so i’m scared about the 16 week scan 3d sneak peak as i knows it’s recommended from 20-27 weeks anyone had experience thanks you x

hey guys what was everyone’s experience with 3D/4D scans please, in my area they offer 3d/4d sneak peak at the 16 week private gender scans and i’m scared if the baby is not formed yet lol 😂 went i saw the 12 week scan it was sooo lovely my baby waved 😻, but i just saw a huge head so i’m scared about the 16 week scan 3d sneak peak as i knows it’s recommended from 20-27 weeks anyone had experience thanks you x
At my 16 week gender scan she switched to 4D view and it was so lovely! She did warn us beforehand the baby might look a bit creepy and alien like lol, she did a bit strange almost bumpy? But definitely looked like a baby! And we got a lovely pic of her in 3D. We went for a proper 4D one at 28 weeks x

—————————————————————
@CinnamonBun @fishsticks @Tea fairy how are you doing?

Last edited:
Those of you with previous babies, did you find that taking newborn sleepsuits or up to one month to the hospital were better? I know a lot of shops newborn size is up to 7lb 8 or around that but my friend said that her baby was 8lb 2 and in newborn for a few weeks so thinking will up to month be far too big?
I took 0-3 month stuff and they were so massive on her 🤣 they had a little rack of clothes in the hospital you could buy smaller sleepsuits for about £1 from so I bought her a smaller size (still massive) so yes I recommend a couple of newborn sleepsuits…

It all depends I think. Its so hard without knowing what size your baby will be 😂
I'd take a selection of sizes. Up to 1 month is usually fine.
My second was straight into 0-3 because she was 11lbs.
Yet my 3rd was only 6lb 14 and newborn was fine and she was in newborn for a few months.

I'd say up to 1 month and newborn would be your best bet though ☺
Even every shop is different, for example I found tesco newborn and Primark newborn to be huge

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.