Pregnancy #32 Sponsored by the sweeps and first trimester sleeps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi guys,
Thanks for your advice last week it helped. Currently still laid up with the pain and hopefully Ill get a section date today. I really hope they do not mess me around.

On another note anyone else in the late stages getting crazy itching? It's been a few days but I had the midwife Friday and urine/blood pressure I gather was fine.
My belly I thought its where its stretching but I've woke up its red, my chest I've got marks over and my hands last night I was clawing at them! My feet and legs a little bit but not so much.
Partner looked it up says go to the midwife but seeing as I gather things seemed okay Friday Im thinking it must be normal?
Hoping it goes off as my hands are crazy. No rash or any evidence of it though 🤣
I'm 36+4
Hope your all feeling well x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi guys,
Thanks for your advice last week it helped. Currently still laid up with the pain and hopefully Ill get a section date today. I really hope they do not mess me around.

On another note anyone else in the late stages getting crazy itching? It's been a few days but I had the midwife Friday and urine/blood pressure I gather was fine.
My belly I thought its where its stretching but I've woke up its red, my chest I've got marks over and my hands last night I was clawing at them! My feet and legs a little bit but not so much.
Partner looked it up says go to the midwife but seeing as I gather things seemed okay Friday Im thinking it must be normal?
Hoping it goes off as my hands are crazy. No rash or any evidence of it though 🤣
I'm 36+4
Please speak to your midwife asap. This can be a sign of cholestasis which is a problem with your liver. I’m not sure that would be picked up by a normal midwife check.

Reactions: 2
Hi guys,

I'm 36+4
Definitely speak to your midwife, the checks for cholestasis aren't part of the routine checks she'll send you to triage for some bloods.

Reactions: 4
i've been a puddle of anxiety for the entire day, to the point where i'm having the worst thoughts crossing my mind like how suddenly everyone's concerned about my health just bc there's a human growing in me but never cared before i announced the pregnancy :rolleyes: i'm not usually this bitchy but i seem to be all over the place mentally.
if there's one thing i'll be glad to get rid off, it's all the attention i'm getting, absolutely cannot stand it.

Reactions: 6
Please speak to your midwife asap. This can be a sign of cholestasis which is a problem with your liver. I’m not sure that would be picked up by a normal midwife check.
Definitely speak to your midwife, the checks for cholestasis aren't part of the routine checks she'll send you to triage for some bloods.
My midwife doesn't answer the phone or messages..... Ever. Or get back to you. I've given up on contacting her out of the usual appointments which she's ship's you out after about three minutes 🤣

The midwife at the hospital who is calling me today is nice I shall ask her as they seem way more helpful up there.
It has calmed down a bit now although my belly is bright red and my hands are on fire from the crazy scratching. If I brush my skin anywhere it just feels like it needs to itch, very strange. Unsure if that would be it or not but worth an ask x

Reactions: 3
My midwife doesn't answer the phone or messages..... Ever. Or get back to you. I've given up on contacting her out of the usual appointments which she's ship's you out after about three minutes 🤣

The midwife at the hospital who is calling me today is nice I shall ask her as they seem way more helpful up there.
It has calmed down a bit now although my belly is bright red and my hands are on fire from the crazy scratching. If I brush my skin anywhere it just feels like it needs to itch, very strange. Unsure if that would be it or not but worth an ask x
Sounds just like my mw 😔 I’m still waiting to hear back from her about a booking date 🥲. My husbands even tried to call leaving messages about our situation and we’ve heard absolutely nothing back.

• Sad
i had loads of ups and downs regarding the pain, even if you get a day early on where you feel good, just rest instead of overdoing it. I had a day about a week after where I felt like the pain was easing and stupidly walked to the supermarket and back, which was further than I thought 😂 and I was in agony the next day. Keep taking the paracetamol and ibroprofen every 6 hours too, I found that it helped. Have they given you anything stronger? Yay she’s home 🥰 how are you both getting on?
That’s so true, I’ve been taking it easy since she came home and it feels so good, I still can’t believe she’s here, it’s surreal 🥰😍 we are both panicking over things though like the feeding, did you ever feel like your little one wasn’t feeding enough? I was prescribed some dihydracodeine from the hospital but they’ve ended now, it’s defo feeling better each day, may consider a small walk tomorrow 🙌🏼

• Heart
i've been a puddle of anxiety for the entire day, to the point where i'm having the worst thoughts crossing my mind like how suddenly everyone's concerned about my health just bc there's a human growing in me but never cared before i announced the pregnancy :rolleyes: i'm not usually this bitchy but i seem to be all over the place mentally.
if there's one thing i'll be glad to get rid off, it's all the attention i'm getting, absolutely cannot stand it.
Same happened to me, I have an awful relationship with most of my family and they found out from someone else that I was pregnant. I had so many missed calls and texts asking how I am, which some might see as nice but I knew they only cared about the novelty of a new baby. Luckily another family member announced their pregnancy soon after so I got left alone again - which proves they never gave a tit 😂
Just be aware of your boundaries and spend more time with the people who you know care about you and not just your baby.

Reactions: 7
Coming on for my weekly pregnancy whinge 😂 officially "overdue" now due date has passed and I'm utterly fed up 😩 had a sweep today, was 2cm dilated which tbh means f all when you've already given birth twice! Everyone asking "any signs?" NO of course bloody not you'd know if there was. FIL told me I need to move more to get baby to come - how about you duck off 🤨 because with two toddlers I'm just sat on my arse all day obviously 🙄 I've been miserable all day because I'm fed up of everything which is clearly not allowed because my husband has had a go at me for being arsey all day too! Forgot the last time he had a 7lb+ baby in his pelvis 😤 so overall not a happy pregnant lady today. I've been really positive all the way through and keep telling myself if I have to be induced again that's fine, but after my sweep today (which I don't even feel like I've had seeing as I've not even had a single BH or cramp since 🙄🙄) I just feel deflated so clearly I'd like to go into labour naturally more than Ive been willing to admit. Think it's just because I've never gone into labour naturally and this is our last baby it's like my last chance 😔 I know it's all a bit petty but sometimes you just can't help how you feel can you!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Coming on for my weekly pregnancy whinge 😂 officially "overdue" now due date has passed and I'm utterly fed up 😩 had a sweep today, was 2cm dilated which tbh means f all when you've already given birth twice! Everyone asking "any signs?" NO of course bloody not you'd know if there was. FIL told me I need to move more to get baby to come - how about you duck off 🤨 because with two toddlers I'm just sat on my arse all day obviously 🙄 I've been miserable all day because I'm fed up of everything which is clearly not allowed because my husband has had a go at me for being arsey all day too! Forgot the last time he had a 7lb+ baby in his pelvis 😤 so overall not a happy pregnant lady today. I've been really positive all the way through and keep telling myself if I have to be induced again that's fine, but after my sweep today (which I don't even feel like I've had seeing as I've not even had a single BH or cramp since 🙄🙄) I just feel deflated so clearly I'd like to go into labour naturally more than Ive been willing to admit. Think it's just because I've never gone into labour naturally and this is our last baby it's like my last chance 😔 I know it's all a bit petty but sometimes you just can't help how you feel can you!
Bless you hope you're ok lovely. It's so hard being pregnant and having 2 more as well - I completely get it. You've still got time for the sweep to work, I had my sweep with my 2nd at 3pm and by 7\8 that night I was having cramps and My waters broke the next morning! Fingers crossed for you. Also, tell the FIL to sod off :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
I'm sorry, it's really rough feeling this way!

I am pretty much there with you (officially over 40 weeks though only one toddler, not two... You are a hero!). I am so fed up with people asking for news, it's not my friends as I was purposefully vague with them and told them end of March but my mum has told my entire extended family the exact due date despite me asking her not to and I keep getting messages, she keeps getting messages and then telling me about the messages, she told me earlier to "get a move on" 🙄

I also am desperate to go into labour naturally this time after being induced last time and I don't think my husband quite understands, he just says "well it was ok last time". I mean, I survived and the baby was fine but I would much rather avoid induction if possible!

Bless you hope you're ok lovely. It's so hard being pregnant and having 2 more as well - I completely get it. You've still got time for the sweep to work, I had my sweep with my 2nd at 3pm and by 7\8 that night I was having cramps and My waters broke the next morning! Fingers crossed for you. Also, tell the FIL to sod off :ROFLMAO:
Thankyou 😂😂 I've never had a successful sweep so maybe this will be the one 🤷‍♀️🤞🏼😂

I'm sorry, it's really rough feeling this way!

I am pretty much there with you (officially over 40 weeks though only one toddler, not two... You are a hero!). I am so fed up with people asking for news, it's not my friends as I was purposefully vague with them and told them end of March but my mum has told my entire extended family the exact due date despite me asking her not to and I keep getting messages, she keeps getting messages and then telling me about the messages, she told me earlier to "get a move on" 🙄

I also am desperate to go into labour naturally this time after being induced last time and I don't think my husband quite understands, he just says "well it was ok last time". I mean, I survived and the baby was fine but I would much rather avoid induction if possible!
Haha oh ffs "get a move on" reaaaaally winds me up! Like it's me just deciding not to bother going into labour yet 😂😤

Okay so I have my section date at exactly 39 weeks. The spd pain is horrific but it's a couple of weeks.. I can do this.. So hoping baby holds out.

I got sent in for the crazy itching. They asked about movements and he/she have been a bit quiet so I was monitored and baby was fine. They do seem to think I have cholestasis (if I've wrote it right) but I am waiting until the morning for the results. And obviously not definite.
Maybe I'm just randomly really itchy though and I'll look right silly 🤣
But at the same time what else could this be? My hands are just crazy and I'm itching myself with a hairbrush currently to try and stop me cutting my skin. My legs belly chest arms feet. But hands are just madly itchy. Is there anything else it could be or anyone here had it?
Thanks guys glad I asked about it here x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
That’s so true, I’ve been taking it easy since she came home and it feels so good, I still can’t believe she’s here, it’s surreal 🥰😍 we are both panicking over things though like the feeding, did you ever feel like your little one wasn’t feeding enough? I was prescribed some dihydracodeine from the hospital but they’ve ended now, it’s defo feeling better each day, may consider a small walk tomorrow 🙌🏼
i still get moments now where I can’t believe he’s mine 🥰 I don’t know when it will sink in! Are you bottle feeding or breastfeeding? I worried at the start that he wasn’t getting enough, I don’t think worrying about them ever stops 😂 I still worry now, I’m breastfeeding but we give him a bottle of formula on the evening because he’s a hungry baby and I didn’t feel like I could keep up with his demand, but we only started that after a few weeks. When they are tiny they don’t need a lot, I was just told that Aslong as they are pooing and weeing frequently and gain weight then they are good signs. I was waking him up every 3 hours to feed for the first couple of weeks, but then I was just knackered so I stopped that and now feeding him on demand and he’s been putting weight on really well! I’m sure you’re doing fine, ask the midwife though if you’re worried about anything. Glad you're feeling better ☺ hopefully the weathers nice where you are tomorrow so you can get out!

Can anyone tell me what happens at your 16 week appointment? My husband is wondering if it's worth him taking time off work to come with me or not? Is it anything important or just taking blood pressure/ urine sample etc?

Can anyone tell me what happens at your 16 week appointment? My husband is wondering if it's worth him taking time off work to come with me or not? Is it anything important or just taking blood pressure/ urine sample etc?
Mine was quite quick, urine sample and blood pressure. However the midwife did let me listen to the heartbeat through the Doppler, not sure if this is always done at the 16/18 week app though xxx

Mine was uneventful really, some bloods and a urine sample. Whether they listen to the heartbeat seems to vary by region - I didn't hear ours until 25 weeks. I kind of wish my husband had come though as for some reason it turned into a really stressful appointment when she didn't know which bloods she was meant to be doing and sent me to another GP practice. But overall it probably wouldn't have been worth it.

My trust don't listen to the heartbeat until 28 weeks, so up until then it's pretty boring. They also ask you to go to one appointment alone so they can ask all the questions regarding domestic abuse etc. For that reason I picked the 16 week appointment to go alone, plus my partner had the 12w and 20w scans off work so thought he wouldn't be as annoying asking for the time off from his manager 😊

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.