Pregnancy #32 Sponsored by the sweeps and first trimester sleeps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone tell me what happens at your 16 week appointment? My husband is wondering if it's worth him taking time off work to come with me or not? Is it anything important or just taking blood pressure/ urine sample etc?
Normal urine test, blood pressure, as how you’re doing etc. My midwife took me through symptoms of pre eclampsia and obstetric cholestatis as well as it’s a large gap between appointments. She did listen in to the heartbeat but she was happy for me to take a little video for him to hear it x

Reactions: 1
My trust don't listen to the heartbeat until 28 weeks, so up until then it's pretty boring. They also ask you to go to one appointment alone so they can ask all the questions regarding domestic abuse etc. For that reason I picked the 16 week appointment to go alone, plus my partner had the 12w and 20w scans off work so thought he wouldn't be as annoying asking for the time off from his manager 😊
Oh that’s interesting about having to go alone. They’ve always asked me at my booking appointment, when they’ve taken me to get weighed and measured
With my last pregnancy, my husband only came to the scans. I found he gets ignored at the midwife appointments and there’s no need for him to be there. I do think he came to the booking though

Reactions: 2
Apart from the booking appointments, I've been going to midwife appointments alone. I did take a video of baby's heartbeat for my partner. But apart from that it's all pretty straightforward/boring and don't really think its worth him taking time off work for!

Reactions: 8
My husband has only come to scans with me. But I’ve had extra scans every 4weeks so I guess he’s had pretty regular involvement that way. I think he would have found the midwife appointments uneventful, and probably more stress than it was worth taking the time off work to go to those too.

Reactions: 3
You know when you find yourself googling the weirest things... 😂 I'm 28 weeks and feel "bruised" between my legs. Sort of like I've been horse-riding, but it hurts at the very inside top of my thighs. Is this potentially SPD? It's not unbearable but it's certainly making walking less pleasant. Combined with rib pain from coughing so much over the last week I'm starting to make funny noises when I move.

• Heart
You know when you find yourself googling the weirest things... 😂 I'm 28 weeks and feel "bruised" between my legs. Sort of like I've been horse-riding, but it hurts at the very inside top of my thighs. Is this potentially SPD? It's not unbearable but it's certainly making walking less pleasant. Combined with rib pain from coughing so much over the last week I'm starting to make funny noises when I move.
Excuse this question, does it feel like you've been booted in the vag by a hippo?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Can anyone tell me what happens at your 16 week appointment? My husband is wondering if it's worth him taking time off work to come with me or not? Is it anything important or just taking blood pressure/ urine sample etc?
It isn’t worth it imo. They just do basic health checks, probably not listen to heartbeat or anything sothere isn’t anything much for him to be there for, if that makes sense?

I have this pain too!! Always comes on when I've been on my feet or walking. I'm hoping it isn't SPD 😭

I didn't realise taking your partner to midwife appointments was even a thing, I just presumed it was something I just go to myself and now I feel bad for never asking him 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I didn't realise taking your partner to midwife appointments was even a thing, I just presumed it was something I just go to myself and now I feel bad for never asking him 🤣
Mine hasn't come to any of mine. He's been at scans etc. But the appointments are like 10-15 minutes and it seems a waste of time for him to take time off work when he doesn't really need to

I didnt realise until every time I go the women always have partners with them in the waiting room 😆

Mine came to every appointment for the first pregnancy (although this was largely because I couldn't drive and they were in a super awkward place to get to!) but this time he hasn't been too any, I have taken a few recordings of the heartbeat for him though but there's really no point in him coming to them I don't think.

I have had cramp style feelings alllllll morning and more mucus plug coming out every time I go to the loo… 👶🏻👶🏻👶🏻👶🏻🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼
I’ve had period cramping all morning and yesterday I had some pretty intense braxton hicks. I haven’t had my bloody show yet tho I’m hoping labour is soon but I’m not getting my hopes up too much as I don’t wanna get disheartened if it’s not. I’m only 37+5.

Mine hasn't come to any of mine. He's been at scans etc. But the appointments are like 10-15 minutes and it seems a waste of time for him to take time off work when he doesn't really need to
Mine has been at scans too but I never thought to invite him to midwife appointments but like you say, I'm in and out in 10 minutes, so there isnt much point!

Reactions: 1
My partner came with me to every single midwife appointment with my second and one midwife sent him out the room and asked me if I was sure everything was okay at home because usually when the partner comes to all appointments, it "raises flags" and asked of i was sure he wasn't controlling

• Wow
Reactions: 9
My partner hasn’t been to any of my midwife appointments with me either! Didn’t even realise it was a thing 😆 well he’s not missing much they’re pretty boring!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My partner came with me to every single midwife appointment with my second and one midwife sent him out the room and asked me if I was sure everything was okay at home because usually when the partner comes to all appointments, it "raises flags" and asked of i was sure he wasn't controlling
I didn’t realise partner attendance every time would be an issue😮. I guess they have to check so that’s good!

My partner didn’t go to my booking appointment either and on my notes the midwife wrote “attended alone” 🙈 he’ll be missing my 16 week one too

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.