Pregnancy #32 Sponsored by the sweeps and first trimester sleeps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My partner came with me to every single midwife appointment with my second and one midwife sent him out the room and asked me if I was sure everything was okay at home because usually when the partner comes to all appointments, it "raises flags" and asked of i was sure he wasn't controlling
They always ask if I'm safe at home when I attend alone. At least they're pretty on it with domestic abuse though, even though it must have been a shock for you! It's a shame someone being supportive can be misinterpreted as controlling, but I suppose you can never be too careful.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I've always considered the midwife appts to be more for me than for baby and he wouldn't come with me for a GP appointment so we never bothered. Lots of people seem to have partners with them but I don't think its worth thr fuss to get time off work when they're so uneventful, most of mine have been over the phone so far 😂

So I think my mw tried to call me earlier on unknown is that possible? I thought it was one or the schools of my girls but no and can’t think who else it could be. Of course no voice mail was left 🙄 would she call or withheld ?

So I think my mw tried to call me earlier on unknown is that possible? I thought it was one or the schools of my girls but no and can’t think who else it could be. Of course no voice mail was left 🙄 would she call or withheld ?
Most hospitals/community healthcare numbers will come up as unknown so it's fairly likely it could be her.
Do you have a personalised voicemail? As often information governance rules mean they can't leave a message unless they're sure it's you.

Reactions: 1
Haha any news??????

Feeling normal really, think I'm having very slight occasional twinges but not expecting anything to happen any time soon!
How are you doing?
Ah bless you! How overdue are you? Well we had sex this morning and then I had quite a few tightenings and cramps until about 9.30 but then nothing since 🙄🙄😂😂

Ah bless you! How overdue are you? Well we had sex this morning and then I had quite a few tightenings and cramps until about 9.30 but then nothing since 🙄🙄😂😂
I am 5 days over now so not too far over yet! I don't think I can face sex haha, I'm hoping that lots of hand expressing might get things going!

Mine is always an unknown number when she calls!

I’m another one who always attends appointments alone! Partner has been to 3 scans with me but works away all week so no point in him coming to mw appointments.

I’ve had my mw appointment today and I’ve been booked In for a reduced growth scan on Thursday 😞 She did tell me not to panic but everything has been ok up until now? If you get sent for one scan for reduced growth does that mean it will probably be the start of me having to have growth scans all the time? I get major scanxiety lol. Although will be nice to see baby again.

Most hospitals/community healthcare numbers will come up as unknown so it's fairly likely it could be her.
Do you have a personalised voicemail? As often information governance rules mean they can't leave a message unless they're sure it's you.
ah no my personal number is not personalised unfortunately. She’s not tried since 😏.

I’m another one who always attends appointments alone! Partner has been to 3 scans with me but works away all week so no point in him coming to mw appointments.

I’ve had my mw appointment today and I’ve been booked In for a reduced growth scan on Thursday 😞 She did tell me not to panic but everything has been ok up until now? If you get sent for one scan for reduced growth does that mean it will probably be the start of me having to have growth scans all the time? I get major scanxiety lol. Although will be nice to see baby again.
Only if on the scan baby isn't matching up to predicted weights and measurements.
So many women get sent for a growth scan because of their fundal height, try not to worry! X

• Heart
I am 5 days over now so not too far over yet! I don't think I can face sex haha, I'm hoping that lots of hand expressing might get things going!
Hahaha I was reluctant but thought sod it why not 😂 ah 5 days isn't too bad! I might try the same tonight whilst I have a good bounce on the ball 😂😂

My husband has been dragged to every single appointment with me. I gave him no choice!

Only 3 days more days at work and it feels pretty surreal. I’m ready to be done with work though. Feels weird knowing I won’t be back for 14 months.

Reactions: 2
I didn't feel anything at all until 22 weeks. 😊
I think I was the same- can’t quite remember now but it was definitely in the early 20-ish weeks for me. Needless to say at 36 weeks there is now no lack of movement - almost like it’s making up for lost time! 🤣

Reactions: 2
Hey ladies, if any of you have had anterior placentas, when was the first week you felt baby’s movements?
i had an anterior placenta and think I was 17/18 weeks when I first started to feel movements, but it was very hard to tell. I had a nightmare with feeling movements, I went in for monitoring a few times during pregnancy but it does get easier to feel them as time goes on

I just wanted to come on and spread some positivity after my moans at the weekend about feeling like shite.

Today I finished work a little early (a novelty for me as I’m normally one of the last out the door!), had a little nap and then powered through. I’ve managed to get stuff done that I have been putting off for WEEKS - put clean washing away, hoovered the bedroom, cleaned the bathroom, tidied dressing table, etc etc. All small things but feel so much better now they’re done and I didn’t force myself to do it on the weekend.

So those who are having a crap day or feel tit… take the time to rest when you can and don’t push yourself! Stuff will get done it may just take a bit more time than normal 🥰🥰

Now I am just sat debating whether to have McDonalds or KFC for dinner 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.