Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Trombolese

Chatty Member
Thanks girls.

Its in my left leg the whole thigh area kind of on the side and front is the worst. But I can feel it all the way down my leg too. It literally just came yesterday. Its hurting so much and I've got to be on my feet all day at work I'm dreading it.
Ive actually lost a bit of weight so can't be the extra weight yet??
Its not a cramp it's constant is this what you guys had?
yeah I think mine was mainly in my right leg but it sounds similar, the worst was my outer thigh but it would spread round to the whole thigh sometimes, would be particularly bad at night! Mine was like a really strong tingling/burning sensation but it was painful if that makes sense. I would call your midwife or GP about it especially if you have a standing up job, don’t suffer in silence!

Jellybean093

VIP Member
Me too! 35 weeks and when I wake up on one side, the pain is crazy. In the morning I’m hobbling about like an old lady, and I get back to normal about midday!
I have a bad left leg and the top of The right side of my back kills 🙄 honestly, it’s non stop! I hobble just getting off the bloody sofa 😂
The countdown to get this baby out is on!

Jellybean093

VIP Member
Baby girl Charlotte arrived safely on Wednesday a teeny 6lbs! 2 weeks early due to GD but perfectly healthy. Planned section was amazing. I've read online that they are really positive and a good experience. I didn't believe it could be, but it was truly amazing. We're going home today. Yay. I honestly feel amazing and just just so lucky. No feeling like it.

Feeling more sore today, hurts to get up and about. Especially now were home and my bed doesn't move! Hospital was short staffed so had to do everything for baby from about 6hrs fter birth once catheter out. And I do still have a numb bum cheek, not sure if it's from being immobile or the spinal...anybody experienced this? Wish I'd got stronger pain meds than para/Ibuprofen...! X
Congratulations! Welcome Charlotte 💓💓

miamae

Hello tattle friends, those cramps signalled the beginning of early labour and fast forward 10 hours and an emergency section due to tachycardia, here I am. Oliver ❤ - what a day! But my god, what a gorgeous boy 🥺
Oh he is just beautiful 😍 congratulations I hope you’re doing ok! X

Bexy bex bex

Evening, Has anyone used the always discreet boutique black paper knicker/nappy thingys for after birth? Last time I got the biggest cotton pants in primark with normal materntity pads which I’ve brought again this time but also picked up a pack of the always things to. I swear sexy lingerie feels like a distant distant memory!

Spillit2356

Lol I have a bag of spinach every day blended in a smoothie and I eat steak twice a week so that one is out 🤣
Oh the iron transfusion might be better then, although I'd expect your doctor to bring that up with you.....It will most likely depend on how low it is on that scale thingy they do (it's been 5 years since it was discussed with me.........and I'm fully expecting it again :oops: )

Belle Amie

VIP Member
I’ve had a bit of a dull ache in the front of my stomach, by the right side of my bellybutton since yesterday is this normal stretching?
I have a scan tomorrow so I could ask then but I don’t know if I should be worried or not.

Abcd123

VIP Member
Am I the only person not taking a towel as in to shower with? I used hospital one last time and will again. I'm trying to pack minimal amounts... I took far to much last time and it was hard to make space around the bed etc!

Belle Amie

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend any decent maternity faux leather leggings? I have the regular Spanx ones and was looking at the Maternity version but they’re pretty expensive and I’ve got 4 weeks to go so not sure if they’ll be worth it? I know I won’t go back in to normal clothes right away so I don’t mind if they’ll also see me through christmas with a squishy tummy but some maternity stuff seems like it’ll transition better to postpartum than others. I’ve attempted going up a size or three in my regular Zara numbers (way to make yourself cry in a changing room!) and everything else online I can’t figure out if they’ll look cheap and nasty or not. Ive managed without much maternity stuff until now but I’ve got a few social things in our last few baby free weeks and I am just not squeezing in to anything anymore so need to invest in a couple of staples! Any tried and trusted options from you gorgeous lot?
Millie Mackintosh posted some yesterday but I can’t for the life of me remember where she tagged so I’m useless! Hopefully someone will have seen the story yesterday and remember!

Jellybb

VIP Member
🤣🤣🤣 yes, I wish I knew what thread it was so I could direct you back @Jellybb but let’s just say there was a lot of burn… in the vaginal department.
I vaguely remember it! There isn’t a hope I am gonna go it to get it waxed as I got cellulitis from a leg wax before and was really sick 😭 but this hair needs to go 😭 it’s gone feral 😫🤣

ThePidge

VIP Member
@ThePidge thank you so much! I grabbed the packet sleepily and only after looking again did I realise my mistake 🙈 been working myself up into a frenzy but the link is very reassuring. I think the back pain might be braxton hicks but struggling to get comfortable and sleep, hopefully now I’ll calm down a bit and get some rest. I can feel little man moving about ok 🤞🏻Such a drama queen 😩
No you’re not at all, I would have done the exact same thing as you and panicked 😂 I put deep heat on my husbands back once and got myself all worried as it was all over my hands and it said not recommended during pregnancy😂👊🏻 It’s so easily done and google is never the best when you’re in a panic!!

If you’re still worried contact your MW tomorrow, but I’m sure you and babe will be OK!

I'm equal parts excited and nervous to start thinking about names, we aren't finding out what we're having, but don't want to start thinking about names until after the 20 week scan.

I feel even more pressure than last time as this time it has to not totally clash with our little girl's name on top of everything else! I do enjoy researching ideas though, hopefully we can come up with some options that we love!
I think we still both like our boy name option from last time so that one might be easy!

WhatABore

VIP Member
Hello tattle friends, those cramps signalled the beginning of early labour and fast forward 10 hours and an emergency section due to tachycardia, here I am. Oliver ❤ - what a day! But my god, what a gorgeous boy 🥺
Ahhh he's gorgeous 😍 and I love the name Oliver

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Speaking of kettles and formula… Does anyone know if it’s ok to use a boiling water tap to make formula? I can’t seem to get a definite answer online. The water is heated to 99C so way hotter than the prep machines etc (and pretty sure by the time boiled kettle water hits the cup it has lost a degree of heat anyway). I was planning on using it (can also turn it down to lower temps if needed) but not sure whether I should get a little kettle just in case.

Sunshinegal

I've only just read the replies. X
Today my leg has hurt so much. It was a making me feel rough and sick in itself where I was up and having to walk on it. My boss told me to go home. I never asked as I feel ridiculous 'I've hurt my leg but don't know how😂' but she could see me limping and was very nice. I said no at first but I gave in because it really is killing. I feel crazy though.
When I was sat down it wasn't as bad, it isn't still but it's more there now than yesterday it's like a really bad ache and it's throbbing. When I'm up it's just so painful it's making me limp.
A woman at work said her daughter got a bad leg when pregnant she had to take her to a clinic as she couldn't walk on it at all. But she was 30 something weeks and the baby was leant on the nerves, it was their weight.
But im 13 weeks, no bigger and have lost weight. Not cramps like i said earlier that it says online about the nerve thing.
At a loss as its no better and dreading tommorow!
This is even if it is pregnancy related x

standupsitdown

Chatty Member
I hope everyone’s well!

Our baby will be here when it’s colder and we live in an old cottage so bedrooms get chilly. Baby will be in a snuzpod next to me.

Will it be safe to put a cellular blanket on top of the mattress but under the fitted sheet I wonder or should that wait til s/he’s a bit older?

Crazycatlady18

VIP Member
What are everybodies favourite remedies for heartburn?

I started with the morning sickness last week but now finding I'm getting a bit of heartburn on an evening which I think is worse! I don't even know what is setting it off as I'm struggling to eat anything remotely flavourful and toast and plain pasta is quickly becoming my best friend.

I've never really taken anything for heartburn before, but i need something to take the edge off
I’ve found if I don’t eat or drink anything (other then water) after 7 it really really helps. In fact i didn’t even get any last night and mines been a right bitch lately.
rennies are ok in the earlier days but don’t seem to be working now.