Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Definitelyme

VIP Member
The tiredness/Exhaustion was the reason I took a pregnancy test. Such a familiar feeling but it had been *such* a long time.

Thankfully, I am drinking about 2.5ltrs a day, so a lot of toilet breaks. Taking those pregnancy supplements which look like they should be fed to a horse, going by the size of them! Have to coax them down my throat 😂 Nausea comes and goes - Usually when I start to cook it comes on strong so I end up having cold lunches two hours after I've made them lol.
Hopefully the nausea doesn’t come to much for you, it’s so horrendous. With my second baby it was the tiredness that made me think I might be pregnant too, such a familiar feeling as you say, that exhaustion that nothing can shake.

grumpycat

VIP Member
Can anyone help with backache? The top of my back, where the bra goes is in absolute agony. I just want to cry. I can’t get comfy, had my whooping and flu jab today in different arms, so laying on them hurt on top of sore, heavy, possible restless legs 😭 struggling with the fact is have just under 11 weeks left of this
this is so similar to the rib pain I’ve got, as it seems to sit across from my spine to the right hand side as opposed to being my spine if you know what I mean. It goes from the bottom front of my rib all the way to the back. I don’t know if it’s rib flare, gallbladder or my liver 😩 but I feel you, yesterday evening it was so bad I had to breathe through it. If it continues I’m gonna have to call DAU as it is incapacitating and I feel like such a baby but I’ve got quite good pain threshold and it hurts so feckin much!

have you tried a hot or cold compress? Google told me gel eye masks can help but if it carries on it might be worth checking it’s not liver or gallbladder etc too

Hannah_204

VIP Member
Just ordered a black button down nighty for hospital! I’m thinking I’ll probably go home in lounge wear and a coat because it’ll be freezing!

Was anyone else not sure if they were having Braxton hicks? Or would I defo know it was them? I thought the baby just sometimes stretched out and made me feel really tight now I’m thinking maybe it could be them 🤷🏽‍♀️

Jellybb

VIP Member
If they want to book you in for induction for whatever reason at what point of the pregnancy would they tell you?

sodit

VIP Member
Hello tattle friends, those cramps signalled the beginning of early labour and fast forward 10 hours and an emergency section due to tachycardia, here I am. Oliver ❤ - what a day! But my god, what a gorgeous boy 🥺
:love: well done, he looks well worth it. And now I'm very broody, thank god I've one on the way.

standupsitdown

Chatty Member
Hi all.

Can anyone please tell me how long they stayed in for after a planned c-section and what week they were booked in for?

Im realising all births are different but I am just wondering what’s average for a uncomplicated birth with no NICU?

Would appreciate hearing any experiences to help me pack! Thanks.

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Does anyone know if there’s anything I can take or do to help with travel sickness during pregnancy that will actually work? I get it so bad even normally, after more than about 5 minutes in the car. I usually take Stugeron tablets which are amazing but I’m assuming I can’t have them. I’ve got two 2 hour trips over the weekend and I’m absolutely dreading them.

a.pain

VIP Member
I got the boots ones a couple of weeks ago? They are usually with the baby bits rather than the pads/tampons. I noticed my local Sainsbury’s also do maternity pads which were around £1 a pack!

Edited - I misread your comment! Boots only had the thick ones. Not sure on thickness of Sainsbury’s
I think all the ones in the supermarket are the super thick ones which I liked for the first couple of weeks but after that you just want to start feeling normal again! I wondered about just normal liners but they aren’t big enough and normal pads I think you aren’t supposed to use for a reason I can’t recall but think it was mentioned on here. Something about being designed to pull away all moisture or something

I know this isn’t something I should be worrying about loads really but more just curious, those of you around the 35 week mark how much weight have you gained so far please?
I’m 33 weeks & have gained 2 stone so far, that was with doing 2 cardio classes a week until 30 weeks. Bad pelvic & pubic bone pain has put a stop to that, as well as being able to walk very far at all, so I can only imagine that number will rise over the next 7 weeks or so 😩😂

Sorry if this makes you feel worse but I’m 34 weeks and threw up yesterday morning 😩
Oh man! I mean I wouldn’t mind a resurgence if it actually went away in the middle bit 😂. Did you ever take any time off with it? Most days I’m making it through, but not really feeling my best. It’s sitting with the sticky feeling that’s difficult.

Kaylarina

What are everybodies favourite remedies for heartburn?

I started with the morning sickness last week but now finding I'm getting a bit of heartburn on an evening which I think is worse! I don't even know what is setting it off as I'm struggling to eat anything remotely flavourful and toast and plain pasta is quickly becoming my best friend.

I've never really taken anything for heartburn before, but i need something to take the edge off
Doesn't work for everyone but:
Papaya- Any type, fresh, dried or freeze dried.
Almonds/Almond Milk - They neutralise acid in the stomach
Sugar Free Chewing Gum - Have to chew it for about 10-30 minutes after eating.
Milk with Honey - Tablespoon of honey in warm milk helps neutralise acid

Crazycatlady18

VIP Member
Does anyone know if there’s anything I can take or do to help with travel sickness during pregnancy that will actually work? I get it so bad even normally, after more than about 5 minutes in the car. I usually take Stugeron tablets which are amazing but I’m assuming I can’t have them. I’ve got two 2 hour trips over the weekend and I’m absolutely dreading them.
Have you tried the wrist bands? I use them on boats.

Jellybean093

VIP Member
I actually got a really decent pair from primark of all places from their “parenthood” (should be called maternity) range! They’re more of a matte faux leather rather than the shiny kind if that makes sense? They’re actually the only over the bump leggings that fit me now as the bump band is nice and stretchy. All my other maternity leggings I have to roll Under the bump now.
Oh my god, I walk around primark grumbling to myself ‘why is it not maternity? Men don’t need this’ and I thought it was just me! Why is it parenthood? I just don’t understand. Are they trying to be inclusive? Weird

I know this isn’t something I should be worrying about loads really but more just curious, those of you around the 35 week mark how much weight have you gained so far please?
I think last time at 42 weeks I'd put on just shy of 2 stone. Remember how much of that is placenta, amniotic fluid, extra blood, massive boobs haha, it's nothing to be worrying about!

Jellybb

VIP Member
Ya I don’t think that I’m gonna allow the grannys names. Jesus why do they have to be such dated names 🙄 my husband unfortunately thinks the middle name HAS to be something meaningful 🙄personally, I do not have my middle name on any important documentation like passport etc so I don’t see the point

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
I am so impressed with people who manage to keep it secret. My husband is AWFUL with secrets, so I’m sure everyone would know if he knew. When I was early pregnant we went on a zoo trip with my family for my brothers birthday, and my husband was wandering about looking at the names of animals and loudly saying things like ‘oh that’d be a nice name for a baby’ 🙄🙄 so yes, no one was very surprised when a few weeks later I had a scan pic to show everyone!

I always ask for an 8am slot, there’s never much excuse for a delay then! Although last time the receptionist did tell me the consultant hadn’t actually arrived at work yet when I arrived 😂
I'm the one most likely to let it slip, and I'm surprised I haven't up til now (knock on wood 😅)