Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sodit

VIP Member
It's 1am and I'm just casually sat here redrafting our will to try and cover every single bloody eventuality.
We don't actually have one properly lodged anywhere because I feel like I'm never done drafting, I always think of another scenario or tweak when I'm in the shower or trying to sleep.
I need to get us booked in with a solicitor, I'm determined to have this all squared away before the baby is born. I also have some more chasing to do on our updated life insurance tomorrow, it should have taken effect a few weeks ago but there's been a snafu.
I wish I had more chill.

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
I’m back in again next Wednesday, I will ask about it then! What does an iron infusion entail?
It's just an IV, like antibiotics or fluids same stuff thats in your tablets just liquid form gets into your blood stream quicker, I have one every 6/8 months and you feel the effects almost immediately

My induction took about 36 hours from start to baby arriving so not bad really! And then only stayed in for another 20 hours or so, so we left about 2.5 days after we arrived. All the best with your induction!

Hbirdette

VIP Member
Feeling really clueless, but regarding the talk about the maternity pads how long usually do you need to wear them after? First time mum here and I didn’t even know this was a thing 😅
I wore the thick pads for about a week then the thin pads for about 3 more weeks. Annoying cause I thought I stopped bleeding and then it started again 😂

Author123

Chatty Member
Oh big hugs for it to all go smoothly! What time is yours? Mine is 9:20 so I'm atleast thankful I'm not hanging around all day 😅
I’m not till lunchtime but have a busy morning at work to get through first which will be enough of a distraction!

Silly question: what on earth does one wear to a scan?! I’m thinking trousers/leggings that can be pulled down to give access to the bump area, not that I really have one yet?

a.pain

VIP Member
Irrational panic - just realised I took a cocodamol rather than paracetamol to help with some back pain (38 weeks). Googling says do not take codeine 😩 I’m scared I’ve hurt the baby, anyone awake who can advise?
I was in triage at 27 weeks and given codeine for pelvic pain. Plus they gave it to me during my first induction- so surely not an issue as a one off accident

Jellybb

VIP Member
I’ve bought 3 cots, a huge cot bed, a kinderkraft travel cot for the living room and a Moses basket for my mothers house 😭 after setting up the nursery along with the cot bed I’ve realised that I have to disassemble it to bring it into my room and it’s so big it will take up space in my room 😭 would I be mad if I buy another cot and if so have you any recommendations? Not the next2me as I think they look too clinical

Hi everyone,
Sorry I went off radar!

I'm still having massive trouble with my leg.
Has anyone had sciatica in pregnancy and even weirder, early pregnancy? I'm 14 weeks it's just bizarre. I'm not even convinced it's that tbh but I'll go with it.

I have had to be off work as, as soon as Im on it it become unbearable. I'm not allowed pain relief obvoously apart from paracetamol which does not touch it.

Hoping someone here may have advice. Or I just wonder how long this could go on for!
I’ve got nothing massively helpful to add but if it gives you some peace of mind I’ve had something v similar to what you describe, mine was like a deep ache all down my leg which was so hard to manage. I actually had it years ago when I was younger too and had tests for DVT and everything. Never had it diagnosed but I always wondered whether it was nerve related and/or restless legs. Have you tried magnesium supplements/spray and drinking electrolytes? These seemed to ease some of my symptoms. I really sympathise though as it’s just awful and I had so many sleepless nights because of it!

grumpycat

VIP Member
Yer, mine the right rib too! I couldn’t sleep last night it’s so bad. Paracetamol isn’t touching it. No matter how I tried to sleep last night it hurt. Currently trying a hot water bottle, pregnancy pillow and corner of the sofa. I hope no one needs me today, as I am a write off 😭
Oh big hugs. If it carries on call assessment and get checked out it’s nothing else. Apparently there’s a condition where your rib cartilage can become inflamed. (Ive been Googling!) but don’t suffer xx

Londonsays

Chatty Member
Side affects of a section I didn’t know - all over itching. They have agreed to give me antihistamine (this was 3 hours ago so I suppose I can’t expect it straight away). They have said it’s completely normal. Unfortunately though, every time I nod off, I’ve a sudden urge to scratch. But luckily my little A is fast asleep and totally unaware.

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
After the chat the other day about what to wear leaving hospital, has anyone any recommendations for leggings with high waist/thick waistband?

Gizmo90

Yea don’t worry I had loads of cramping at the start!! Felt exactly like period pain too. Whenever I googled I couldn’t find anything about it and totally freaked myself out because obviously u can’t tell anyone yet! I’m 25 weeks now though and that passed at about 8/9 xxx
That’s so good to hear, thank you so much! Just trying to relax and hoping it’s a good sign that everything is moving around as it should be! X

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
You had OC or the test? I dunno if they would've given me the test only I told her about the itching 🤔 won't get results til maybe start of next week 😬
I had the test cause I was constantly itchy so she did it as a precaution but there's a higher chance of developing it in twin pregnancys

standupsitdown

Chatty Member
Can I add to the moans? The insane painful bloating I’m getting is ridiculous. It’s agony, I can’t sleep, scared to eat, living on Windeze and Deflatine. I’m trying to keep a food diary to try and figure it out but can’t see anything obvious. 7 more weeks of this 😥😥😥

Jellybean093

VIP Member
Thanks girls.

Its in my left leg the whole thigh area kind of on the side and front is the worst. But I can feel it all the way down my leg too. It literally just came yesterday. Its hurting so much and I've got to be on my feet all day at work I'm dreading it.
Ive actually lost a bit of weight so can't be the extra weight yet??
Its not a cramp it's constant is this what you guys had?
Yep, this sounds exactly like mine. I’m 30 weeks tomorrow, and I can’t get comfy lying, sitting, walking, anything. Wishing the next 10 weeks away like I always do 😭

I asked this a few pages back as I've got my home visit coming up.
Apparently it's mostly a chit chat...and a covert snoop of your house. I'm a bit nervous for it tbh, even though I have nothing to hide.

Yesterday my husband FINALLY did the last bits in the nursery that I've been oining for since August (put up the blind, had my dad pop round to help him move the wardrobe back in from the other room and built the cot). I feel so relieved as it's meant I could have a proper sort out of everything - I'm one of them that needs to SEE it all laid out to know where I'm up to.

Packed my hospital bag (well, first draft) tonight so I could visually see what I'm missing, as I'm 34 weeks now. Baby and husband are fine and I just need a water bottle and a couple of nighties I think. Just need to remember to throw some clothes in closer to the time, I don't have enough the right size to take any out of circulation at the moment, bras especially. Plus I might be up another bra size by then if there's up to another 8 weeks to go 🤷‍♀️
Ah I must have missed it! Got the letter through yesterday, I never even knew they come before birth!😅 hope yours goes okay!

Hello tattle friends, those cramps signalled the beginning of early labour and fast forward 10 hours and an emergency section due to tachycardia, here I am. Oliver ❤ - what a day! But my god, what a gorgeous boy 🥺
Massive congratulations xx

Hannah_204

VIP Member
Can anyone share girls names with me...? Sorted for first just deciding middle(s) first is very traditional, fancying something a bit more alternative for middle. I quite like Autumn but not sure if its a bit faddy x
Awww I love Autumn 💗

Dipdab

VIP Member
Baby girl Charlotte arrived safely on Wednesday a teeny 6lbs! 2 weeks early due to GD but perfectly healthy. Planned section was amazing. I've read online that they are really positive and a good experience. I didn't believe it could be, but it was truly amazing. We're going home today. Yay. I honestly feel amazing and just just so lucky. No feeling like it.

Feeling more sore today, hurts to get up and about. Especially now were home and my bed doesn't move! Hospital was short staffed so had to do everything for baby from about 6hrs fter birth once catheter out. And I do still have a numb bum cheek, not sure if it's from being immobile or the spinal...anybody experienced this? Wish I'd got stronger pain meds than para/Ibuprofen...! X
Yay! Congratulations 💕💕💕