Pregnancy #25 Sponsored by love hearts and heartburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Saw my friends 6 day old baby girl yesterday and omg 😍 it’s all going to be worth it baby’s are the best thing everrrr hang in there everyone having a tough pregnancy!! ❤
I’m literally broody whilst pregnant!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thanks for the replies everyone.

It’s just because of my age. They’d let me labour naturally if I wanted to, but wouldn’t refuse me a planned c section if I wanted it. I got the impression the consultant was leaning towards a c section, she explained there was a chance the babies lungs may not be as developed and may need a bit of help, but on the other hand the babies brain would be as good pre and post birth, no risks of lack of oxygen etc.

I’ve read of so many ladies who get induced and can’t dilate so end up having a c section anyway, so I think Im going to go with the planned c section.

I like the thought of knowing exactly when it’s going to happen and it’s great to hear it’s possible to be in and out within 1-2 days, I was reading 4-7 and really didn’t fancy that (assuming all goes well). Thanks everyone.
Hi lovely, the baby’s lungs will be fully developed at 39 weeks however they may need help if they cannot fully get the fluid out themselves. All it is is that when you birth vaginally the baby is squeezed through the birth canal so all the fluid in the lungs is squeezed out during birth, obviously when they’re born via section this doesn’t happen but they are more than likely able to clear it themselves/with some gentle help and not go to NICU. You can look into gentle c sections if that’s up your street which mean a more natural but surgical birth (the baby squeezes itself out via the incision). I’ve had 2 sections now at 39 and 39+3 and both babies have been fine and I’m sure this is the same for the majority.

According to my boss (a midwife), a lot of trusts are encouraging women to have steroids if birthing before 40 weeks via section to just give a bit of extra help and reduce the need for additional help after birth. They are definitely doing that in my trust, obviously all trusts are different, but just to give you a bit more reassurance if you go down the planned section route xx

Reactions: 2
Hi lovely, the baby’s lungs will be fully developed at 39 weeks however they may need help if they cannot fully get the fluid out themselves. All it is is that when you birth vaginally the baby is squeezed through the birth canal so all the fluid in the lungs is squeezed out during birth, obviously when they’re born via section this doesn’t happen but they are more than likely able to clear it themselves/with some gentle help and not go to NICU. You can look into gentle c sections if that’s up your street which mean a more natural but surgical birth (the baby squeezes itself out via the incision). I’ve had 2 sections now at 39 and 39+3 and both babies have been fine and I’m sure this is the same for the majority.

According to my boss (a midwife), a lot of trusts are encouraging women to have steroids if birthing before 40 weeks via section to just give a bit of extra help and reduce the need for additional help after birth. They are definitely doing that in my trust, obviously all trusts are different, but just to give you a bit more reassurance if you go down the planned section route xx
That is so useful and reassuring to know, thank you so much. Now I think back the word ‘developed’ talking about lungs was mine and not hers, Chinese whispers 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️ I got it all wrong, I think I was muddling info I heard about a friends premature twins needing steroids and NICU.

She said if I recall, ‘the vaginal birth process prepares the lungs’ so now thanks to you I understand! Thank you ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 1
13+2 now, still exhausted, still can't poop, still sick as a dog - when does this bleeping glow start? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I don’t know if this is an option for you, but I went for a gentle run this morning and it definitely ‘helped’ the poop situation and got things moving… what has my life become?! 😳

• Haha
13+2 now, still exhausted, still can't poop, still sick as a dog - when does this bleeping glow start? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Bran flakes absolutely smothered in sugar are a good shout to get things moving.
The glow, however, doesn't exist and whoever made it up was lying.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I did a similar post a couple of weeks ago when I was 15w and still feeling absolutely shite. Happy to report feeling good now at nearly 17w - so it might improve for you soon!

I think mine was also partly stress exacerbating symptoms, I took Thursday/Friday off work to relax properly and it seems to have helped.

No glow in sight though, just the same old face! I think it’s a myth they trick us with.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
That is so useful and reassuring to know, thank you so much. Now I think back the word ‘developed’ talking about lungs was mine and not hers, Chinese whispers 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️ I got it all wrong, I think I was muddling info I heard about a friends premature twins needing steroids and NICU.

She said if I recall, ‘the vaginal birth process prepares the lungs’ so now thanks to you I understand! Thank you ♥
It’s so worrying when they throw words/phrases around and don’t explain fully isn’t it! Hope you make the decision that’s best for you ❤

Does anyone find that sleeping on their side at night causes back pain? Pre pregnancy I always slept comfortably on my sides now it really hurts. I’m 23 weeks.

Does anyone find that sleeping on their side at night causes back pain? Pre pregnancy I always slept comfortably on my sides now it really hurts. I’m 23 weeks.
I had this and it was actually because pregnancy had made my hips go out of alignment. They're still like it now because I haven't got it sorter!

Me too! 35 weeks and when I wake up on one side, the pain is crazy. In the morning I’m hobbling about like an old lady, and I get back to normal about midday!
I have a bad left leg and the top of The right side of my back kills 🙄 honestly, it’s non stop! I hobble just getting off the bloody sofa 😂
The countdown to get this baby out is on!

Husband is just finishing off the nursery and keeps calling me up the stairs to get my opinion on hanging shelves etc… I am fucked from climbing the stairs 😭😭 like as in I feel like the most unfit person in the world 😭

• Haha
Remember a handful of threads ago we were talking about what is classed as heavily pregnant? What was the consensus? How much pain do you have to be in to qualify? 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Remember a handful of threads ago we were talking about what is classed as heavily pregnant? What was the consensus? How much pain do you have to be in to qualify? 😂😂
I think it was 35 weeks, but I’m going with 12 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think it was 35 weeks, but I’m going with 12 😂😂
I second this, I am already using the “I AM THE MOTHER OF YOUR CHILD!” to justify a trip for a maccies sweet chilli wrap on demand, problem is, I was a fat tit and did that all the time anyway so boyfriend isn’t buying that it’s the baby’s fault 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Dunno but my toddler couldn’t give two shits 😂 she wants me to crawl under her bed to retrieve a toy and she doesn’t comprehend that I JUST WONT FIT! 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
@Abcd123 i can’t believe you’ve still not gone to get checked 🙈 please please do.

salad, bananas and orange juice always make me go! 💩 can’t say I’ve had any problems in that dep thankfully.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.