Pregnancy #16 Baby brain galore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ouch! That sounds bad!!! I had a dentist appointment a few weeks ago, but the dental room downstairs was closed, and I would have had to go up 2 sets of stairs to get to my dentist. I couldn’t do it in the air cast so I got sent home until the end of the month 🙄

Anyways morning lads, I’m decluttering everything in the living room because I’ve decided that I’m going to paint it all. Of course, a totally logical thing to do at 0730.

Giving me life this morning @Smallpotato 🙌😁

Ive just been to the shops. Baby is having a quiet couple of days and i seem to have way more energy. Baking a cake, making a curry for later, having a decorator over for a quote, making a start on washing baby's clothes, having my nursing chair delivered, a drawer organiser from amazon and some new maternity bits from h and m. Then catching up with two friends later on are todays agenda. Fitting it all in while i have energy 😁

Reactions: 6

Ive just been to the shops. Baby is having a quiet couple of days and i seem to have way more energy. Baking a cake, making a curry for later, having a decorator over for a quote, making a start on washing baby's clothes, having my nursing chair delivered, a drawer organiser from amazon and some new maternity bits from h and m. Then catching up with two friends later on are todays agenda. Fitting it all in while i have energy 😁
Woah slow down! Even reading that's made me tired! 😂 Enjoy, please share your energy with the rest of us!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

Yes please pass some of that lovely energy this way, I have to pack the flat up ready to move to our new house on Friday, I physically can’t get out of bed 😂

Reactions: 1
Love life on Netflix is an easy watch, the Outterbanks is kind of like the goonies and workin moms is good American horror story is strange but I like it too.

Yesterday the whole front of my tooth fell off so ladies make sure you are using your free dental care because now when I smile I have nice white teeth then half of one staring at me and I’m going to a wedding on Friday. Good job I can get to the dentist before then, that will teach me with all the fizzy drinks! This tooth cost me 800 quid last year as well for a root canal 🦷 so doubly sad 😞 x
Oh nooo thank god you can get it sorted quickly! Hope it’s not too painful. I’m also going for a root canal consultation on Thursday 😓 and preparing for a massive dentist bill!

Oh no! That’s good you can get it sorted quickly. I’ve been trying to get a dentist appointment since I got my exemption. I’m on 6 different waiting lists where I live for an nhs dentist 😪.
So annoying isn’t it - waiting lists are two to three years where I am! Maybe will get there in time for baby #2 should we be fortunate enough to have another…!

• Sad
Reactions: 2

That sounds like a week's worth of activity 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Nursery furniture ordered, we’ve gone for the Mamas and Papas Franklin set. Now trying to find a carpenter who is available before the baby’s 5th birthday and doesn’t want a kidney and a remortgage is next on my list. MIL kindly ordered our next to me and Tripp trapp chair yesterday too so those are coming shortly. Still a seemingly endless list of things to get but feeling good we’ve made a dent in some of the bigger items.
25 week app went well yesterday and I’ve now got my gestational diabetes test and bloods scheduled for 3 weeks. I have PCOS and family with type 2 so won’t be completely shocked if it’s positive but I don’t think I have any symptoms yet so we shall see. She puts the scanner on at every appointment and it was funny yesterday that now she needs to move it around to see different parts of the baby each filling the whole screen. It feels like 5 minutes ago that baby was just a tiny tiny dot in the middle of the screen! I do love the fact that she takes my BP and measurements but never actually tells me anything so I can’t spend my evening Googling, she’s also never weighed me! I assume she’s just physically keeping an eye on me and I’ve not got very big yet so hasn’t needed to warn me of anything but it’s nice not having actual numbers to fixate on. The stories about midwives and scan techs being awful about weight is just horrific - as if we haven’t got enough to be dealing with!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Nursery furniture ordered, we’ve gone for the Mamas and Papas Franklin set. Now trying to find a carpenter who is available before the baby’s 5th birthday and doesn’t want a kidney and a remortgage is next on my list. MIL kindly ordered our next to me and Tripp trapp chair yesterday too so those are coming shortly. Still a seemingly endless list of things to get but feeling good we’ve made a dent in some of the bigger items.
25 week app went well yesterday and I’ve now got my gestational diabetes test and bloods scheduled for 3 weeks. I have PCOS and family with type 2 so won’t be completely shocked if it’s positive but I don’t think I have any symptoms yet so we shall see. She puts the scanner on at every appointment and it was funny yesterday that now she needs to move it around to see different parts of the baby each filling the whole screen. It feels like 5 minutes ago that baby was just a tiny tiny dot in the middle of the screen! I do love the fact that she takes my BP and measurements but never actually tells me anything so I can’t spend my evening Googling, she’s also never weighed me! I assume she’s just physically keeping an eye on me and I’ve not got very big yet so hasn’t needed to warn me of anything but it’s nice not having actual numbers to fixate on. The stories about midwives and scan techs being awful about weight is just horrific - as if we haven’t got enough to be dealing with!
It sounds like you’re so organised! We have a list of things that we need to get; we kept some from little potato but I need to replace mattresses, buggies etc.

If anyone can recommend a cheap mattress, please let me know as the ones on Amazon are like £70?

It sounds like you’re so organised! We have a list of things that we need to get; we kept some from little potato but I need to replace mattresses, buggies etc.

If anyone can recommend a cheap mattress, please let me know as the ones on Amazon are like £70?
What's the mattress for? Sorry if I missed it!

Try smyths. I got two mattresses on Sunday for £70! They do different types of mattresses dependant on what type you want. Don't quote me but I'm sure the cheapest started at 28

Reactions: 2
Oh no! That’s good you can get it sorted quickly. I’ve been trying to get a dentist appointment since I got my exemption. I’m on 6 different waiting lists where I live for an nhs dentist 😪.
Omg that’s awful waiting that long I am sorry to hear that ☹ I was already a member of this dentist but during the pandemic I was told to fill my tooth myself last year so instead I paid to go to a private dentist which were open before the nhs opened due to having no ppe and had a root canal but now it’s cracked :( x

I literally had half a dozen babygrows until the weekend and that was it but my Husband talked me in to having a randomly productive weekend so we got stuff done. I am horribly indecisive, there’s just so much choice for every single item it’s exhausting but I’ve just started to think sod it, just pick something and get it done and seeing a few ticks on my list has helped. I don’t think there’s much else equipment wise I need to physically see in shops so I think the rest can wait until September October and I’ll just do some gigantic Amazon ordering!

We got a mamas and papas mattress for less than half of what the M&P brochure priced it at from Pramworld.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Try smyths. I got two mattresses on Sunday for £70! They do different types of mattresses dependant on what type you want. Don't quote me but I'm sure the cheapest started at 28
Fab! Thank you! I’ll have a look online.

do any of you guys use a changing station? We had a costatto one before which we loved, but we just don’t have the room for it this time round. I considered getting one of those that you put on top of the crib, but it seems a bit daft when I can just use a mat on the floor…?

I literally had half a dozen babygrows until the weekend and that was it but my Husband talked me in to having a randomly productive weekend so we got stuff done. I am horribly indecisive, there’s just so much choice for every single item it’s exhausting but I’ve just started to think sod it, just pick something and get it done and seeing a few ticks on my list has helped. I don’t think there’s much else equipment wise I need to physically see in shops so I think the rest can wait until September October and I’ll just do some gigantic Amazon ordering!

We got a mamas and papas mattress for less than half of what the M&P brochure priced it at from Pramworld.
We need
- next to me/lullago
- bounce-a-roo thingy/swing
- mattress for main crib
- buggy (I’m getting the same as I did before, it’s £170 from amazon)

& that’s about it. I’d like a sleepyhead as it worked wonders last time but I know it’s a controversial option! We got some baby grows, but I’m convinced I’d stashed loads from last time. I just need to find them 👀

My friend has recommend the IKEA ones think they’re are £30

Fab! Thank you! I’ll have a look online.

do any of you guys use a changing station? We had a costatto one before which we loved, but we just don’t have the room for it this time round. I considered getting one of those that you put on top of the crib, but it seems a bit daft when I can just use a mat on the floor…?

We need
- next to me/lullago
- bounce-a-roo thingy/swing
- mattress for main crib
- buggy (I’m getting the same as I did before, it’s £170 from amazon)

& that’s about it. I’d like a sleepyhead as it worked wonders last time but I know it’s a controversial option! We got some baby grows, but I’m convinced I’d stashed loads from last time. I just need to find them 👀
Next have got some gorgeous baby girl bits in the sale if you don’t stumble upon them 🙊🙊

• Heart
Ill do anything for meatballs

I went in there on Saturday to get my sons crocs, and I had to literally put blinkers on!
Haha same. We’re going one evening next week for dinner and shopping for the nursery furniture. Ideal date night in my eyes 😂

Ooh if you're off to IKEA I really rate their hooded baby bath towels, they're absolutely huge and can use them well into toddler days.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.