Pregnancy #16 Baby brain galore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting is debatable but once I finished my uni work I started binging Grey's (never seen it before but I'm finished now), desperate housewives from the beginning, real housewives of New Jersey from the beginning and the beverly hills new season. Love a bit of trash TV. Tempted to start The Hills
I bloody love RHOBH!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Weird question but for the ladies that already had babys…. Did your partner cut the cord or was that an option?

@Jellybb my husband was offered but didn’t want to. This time round we’re having a surprise so he’ll tell me the sex but still doesn’t want to cut the cord!

• Haha
We just got a cot mattress from Amazon for about £30 a ‘Mother Nature’ one. Only had it a week or two but seems great. I know it’s bad but I’d rather go cheaper and replace.

Re buying, Black Friday, Amazon and Buggy manufacturers had really excellent deals last year for anyone due after Dec.
Don’t forget stuff like the high chair, toiletries, toys, monitor etc you mightn’t need for a good few months after baby is here.

I was OBSESSED with organising everything I needed and finding the best price etc and having it all ready in my Amazon basket/next day delivery suppliers so I could click go just before she arrived/as I needed (didn’t want things to sit in boxes only to be too late to return/waste warranty if anything was wrong when it came to using them.) And all those things I obsessed over I’ve actually bought maybe 10% of it.

re:baby grows & vests - we were given lots so had tons but I think 10 would have been more than adequate for the early stages. It got stressful having so many clothes to have to wash and put away and store before/after they fit. I’d recommend zips or buttons that go down both legs. Buttons that go down the front of one leg I find awkward and any baby grow that doesn’t open down the front (so has to go over the head or be pulled up) never got used more than once.
I am going to do a stock take please tell me if I have enough I have bought newborn and also 0-3 these are the kind of things I have bought x I have
about 14 mixture of new born and 1 month and 1-2 months baby grows three outfits like matching leggings hats etc then I have 12 0-3 and a few pairs of leggings and matching baby grows. Four packs of vests one pink two white one blue shades and some handmade things my father in laws parted has made which are insane. Just bought some headbands from Amazon and little head wrap things x I think I have enough who knows do I need to buy pyjamas for her or just sleep suit? X
2FC25BC0-569C-4926-A070-67AA183F17AC.jpeg
161FC388-0033-495F-B7EC-688498E14E3D.jpeg

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I'm finally up to date ladies, after a busy few days of mainly just suffering with heartburn, I am finally back on track and not replying to comments from days ago! HIYA 👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This is the first couple of energy days ive had in what feels like months! Ive nearly done it all bar the actual baby clothes washing, but its all been separated ready for tomorrow. Bit concerned as baby is still quiet again today. She has movef but not much. Going to have a diet coke and crack on with making a curry for dinner.
I think when you’re having a busy day you just don’t notice as much. See how she gets on this evening

Reactions: 2
Why were they not allowed to? Do the doctors not say ‘it’s a girl’ like in the movies 😂

Reactions: 1
I am going to do a stock take please tell me if I have enough I have bought newborn and also 0-3 these are the kind of things I have bought x I have
about 14 mixture of new born and 1 month and 1-2 months baby grows three outfits like matching leggings hats etc then I have 12 0-3 and a few pairs of leggings and matching baby grows. Four packs of vests one pink two white one blue shades and some handmade things my father in laws parted has made which are insane. Just bought some headbands from Amazon and little head wrap things x I think I have enough who knows do I need to buy pyjamas for her or just sleep suit? XView attachment 694504View attachment 694508
Love the little baby never fully dressed stuff. Wish they did boy stuff because I live so close to their store. Gorgeous x

• Heart
about 14 mixture of new born and 1 month and 1-2 months baby grows three outfits like matching leggings hats etc then I have 12 0-3 and a few pairs of leggings and matching baby grows. Four packs of vests one pink two white one blue shades and some handmade things my father in laws parted has made which are insane. Just bought some headbands from Amazon and little head wrap things x I think I have enough who knows do I need to buy pyjamas for her or just sleep suit? XView attachment 694504View attachment 694508
Oh my goodness, these are adorable and i am now gutted we didn’t find out the sex 😂
My smallest was 7.9 so I was able to squeeze him into next newborn. The other 2 were 8lbs+, so they pretty much went in to 0-3 months, which I will probably buy for the new one

I think sleepsuits are perfect for bed time. Pjs always make them look like giants 😂

Why were they not allowed to? Do the doctors not say ‘it’s a girl’ like in the movies 😂
When I had my second, we were both like ‘what is it?’ Because she didn’t tell us 😂😂

Reactions: 1
Love the little baby never fully dressed stuff. Wish they did boy stuff because I live so close to their store. Gorgeous x
I actually got these in the sale the leggings were only a fiver each my fiancé picked them for her and yes they should do more boy things however I quite like the blue outfit for a boy also got a baby grow for 10 quid I checked the weights on the newborn things which is why I have mainly upto one month or 1-2 months which is 10lbs I think depending on the shop xx

So cute! Sounds like you've got a good stash. Do you have as many vests as you have baby grows? Tbh I could never be arsed with the outfits when they were teeny tiny as it was such a faff and mine lived in a vest and baby grow, I just put a fresh set on in the morning and then another one for bed as PJs.
But with my first I did buy loooads of outfits, it's a right of passage when you have your first. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This might be a weird question but for those of us due Nov/Dec do we need to purchase little coats for them for the first month or so? Lol. I did some shopping at the weekend and got lots of sleepsuits and vests, a couple of knitted or fleecy baby grows and two cardigans for him. I’m not sure if he needs a coat that young or if I’m over thinking it?

Edit: Not sure I’m mature enough for all this, he has a reindeer and a dinosaur onesie before I’ve even considered a coat 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
This might be a weird question but for those of us due Nov/Dec do we need to purchase little coats for them for the first month or so? Lol. I did some shopping at the weekend and got lots of sleepsuits and vests, a couple of knitted or fleecy baby grows and two cardigans for him. I’m not sure if he needs a coat that young or if I’m over thinking it?

Edit: Not sure I’m mature enough for all this, he has a reindeer and a dinosaur onesie before I’ve even considered a coat 🤣
Haha mine has a penguin onesie, too cute to resist. Have you looked at snowsuits? Like a full body coat for when you’re out in the cold or in the pram. Not to be worn in the car as too hot but for outside it’s perfect for when they’re small I think.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.