Pregnancy #13 Sponsored by McDonalds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ahhh I am the same. My baby wasn’t planned, I was really disappointed when I found out I was pregnant, it’s a taboo subject which comes with lots of guilt but it wasn’t in my short term goals.
I would open my inbox to you if I could. I spent most of my first trimester really unhappy. I’ve accepted it now but I can’t say excited is how I’d describe it… I also hate the movement and I’m not connected to my bump at all.
I chose not to terminate as I did want a child down the line and I have such a good support network and my partner was over the moon. I’m a first time mum x
It could be me who’s written this, I’m exactly the same! I wasnt disappointed, just super shocked and terrified. Not planned and know I should be grateful, but like you I just didnt see it in my future. I was expecting the menopause and looking for a wreck to do up in Portugal! Trying desperately to bond. But I’m only 17 weeks so barely any bump and obviously no movements, I keep reading about the rush of love and hoping I get that (at some point). My midwife said talking to the baby helps but I just feel stupid 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This is a bit off topic but I’m ten weeks pregnant and I’m not sure how I feel about it... it took 2.5 years to get pregnant. Second baby and I feel like I should be excited but I don’t really feel it. I’m more thinking wtf have I done/have I made a mistake. My first child is 9 so it’s getting a bit easier now, he’s more self sufficient, let’s me lie in etc. I’m worried that I might crave my old life back. This baby is definitely wanted and I’m very grateful to be pregnant just wish I knew how to feel.

Did anyone else not feel excited right away. Please no judgement as I’m struggling to comprehend how I feel.

Thanks
I think everyone has moments when they question themselves and definitely I have craved my old life back numerous times (usually on the bad days) but those days are few and far between .......this will be my third (also 10 weeks) , my youngest is 4, I am delighted to be be pregnant but I do feel my life was just going to get to an easier stage and I was going to be getting some time to myself again...........but then I think of my newborn laying on my chest and remember how happy and content it made me before and I really can't wait for that again! But you're not alone

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Right guys I’m freaked out when do these vagina changes start? I knew about the after birth mess but not before 😂😱
I noticed it about 30 weeks I think, freaked right out and got checked for thrush (apparently that can make your vagina swell in pregnancy) but nope turns out its just all that extra fluid 🤣

This is a bit off topic but I’m ten weeks pregnant and I’m not sure how I feel about it... it took 2.5 years to get pregnant. Second baby and I feel like I should be excited but I don’t really feel it. I’m more thinking wtf have I done/have I made a mistake. My first child is 9 so it’s getting a bit easier now, he’s more self sufficient, let’s me lie in etc. I’m worried that I might crave my old life back. This baby is definitely wanted and I’m very grateful to be pregnant just wish I knew how to feel.

Did anyone else not feel excited right away. Please no judgement as I’m struggling to comprehend how I feel.

Thanks
I still get days like this and I'm 38 weeks tomorrow. Sometimes I absolutely worry that I've ruined my life and nothing is ever going to be the same (baby was planned and wanted) and like someone else said I feel like I talked my partner into it, I mean I definitely didn't, it was a total joint decision and took us about 10 months so he could've said something during that time. Also the fact he has kids already who are 10 and 12 and sometimes I feel guilty about "making" him go back to the baby stage. He's really excited and never given me any indication that it's not what he wants but I'm sure our hormones play a huge part in how we're feeling. Also from all the replies you can see the majority of us have felt that and its nothing to feel guilty about.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I haven’t seen mine for like two months my partner hasn’t commented on it yet so must still look the same 🤦🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️🥭😂

YAAAAAAAAAAAAS NEWPOTATO IS WELL ❤❤❤ (the smallest potato I could think of)

I’ve had this since 13/14 weeks it is normal but it fuggin hurts make sure you are using a pregnancy pillow and watch how you move about x
New potato 😭😭💔💔💔💔❤❤❤❤ So cuuuuute

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Ahhh I am the same. My baby wasn’t planned, I was really disappointed when I found out I was pregnant, it’s a taboo subject which comes with lots of guilt but it wasn’t in my short term goals.
I would open my inbox to you if I could. I spent most of my first trimester really unhappy. I’ve accepted it now but I can’t say excited is how I’d describe it… I also hate the movement and I’m not connected to my bump at all.
I chose not to terminate as I did want a child down the line and I have such a good support network and my partner was over the moon. I’m a first time mum x

It’s a real relief to read this, I had no idea I was pregnant when I found out I was about 8 weeks, I only found out as I was tiding and found a test and I thought why not just test it! I think I cried for about 2 weeks just from shock/fear/confusion and maybe even sadness? I’m 25+3 and I still have moments of like am I doing the right thing? It’s good to know some people feel the same way as you because at times I thought omg I’m a horrible person!! But as you said having a good support network made all the difference!!

• Heart
Doctors have rang.

The doctor was clueless. She didn’t even know what a chemical pregnancy was.
She’s booked me in for a scan tomorrow at the hospital I don’t want to go to (it’s has a rubbish record)
And now I’m sat in tears because she didn’t help or explain anything

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Had my 20 week scan yesterday, everything is all good, baby is still a little boy. Kept dreaming that the 16 week private scan was wrong🤣. But she said baby is breech, I didn’t even know they told you that at 20 weeks🤣🤷🏻‍♀️

Doctors have rang.

She’s booked me in for a scan tomorrow and the hospital I don’t want to go to. And now I’m sat in tears because she didn’t help or explain anything
so sorry hope everything goes okay! X

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It could be me who’s written this, I’m exactly the same! I wasnt disappointed, just super shocked and terrified. Not planned and know I should be grateful, but like you I just didnt see it in my future. I was expecting the menopause and looking for a wreck to do up in Portugal! Trying desperately to bond. But I’m only 17 weeks so barely any bump and obviously no movements, I keep reading about the rush of love and hoping I get that (at some point). My midwife said talking to the baby helps but I just feel stupid 🤣
Yeah I don’t talk to her 😆 I don’t read up on anything either, totally winging it. I’m sure my rush of love will come, it will hit me like a ton of bricks once she’s here, in a good way! I can’t get enough of my newborn neice so I’m sure I’ll be fine but I keep calling myself the unmumsy mum in my head because I’m just not all lovely dovey squishy squashy with children. I’ve already planned her montisori tools that will enable her to prepare some of her own breakfast when she’s old enough 😆 and where her table will go

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Bouncing on my birthing ball like my life depends on it today honestly sick of not getting sleep from sheer discomfort

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m almost 6 weeks pregnant, found out just over a week ago! Did it not feel real to anyone until they had a scan? 🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m almost 6 weeks pregnant, found out just over a week ago! Did it not feel real to anyone until they had a scan? 🤣🤣🤣
32 weeks on Friday and still not feeling real 😆 house covered in baby bits but just feels like I’m messing around and playing babies like a big kid

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I still look at my 4 year old confused and that’s hes not real.

Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart everyone for thinking of me. Was scanned, baby was a bit asleep so didn’t move around much so had to do some star jumps. But newpotato is fine, safe and okay. I’m just grabbing some lunch and off to see black widow.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Yesss I kept saying maybe I’ve got it wrong for ages! My partner was like erm you’ve done about 100 tests and your sick every day your not imagining it 😂 that wait for the first scan is soooo long! I think I’d book an early one next time.

Reactions: 2
32 weeks on Friday and still not feeling real 😆 house covered in baby bits but just feels like I’m messing around and playing babies like a big kid
This 🤣 maybe I'll start to believe it when I'm pushing a full scale human out my vajayjay 🤣

• Haha
Doctors have rang.

She’s booked me in for a scan tomorrow at the hospital I don’t want to go to (it’s has a rubbish record)
And now I’m sat in tears because she didn’t help or explain anything
I’m thinking of you, we are all here for you. Xxx

• Heart
Argh they’re running 45 mins late for my scan so far and counting. I really need a wee. About ten of my colleagues have walked past me (the waiting room is very close to where I work) and said congrats so I guess it’s not a secret any more 😂🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Argh they’re running 45 mins late for my scan so far and counting. I really need a wee. About ten of my colleagues have walked past me (the waiting room is very close to where I work) and said congrats so I guess it’s not a secret any more 😂🤦🏼‍♀️
I’m secretly pleased I’m at a different trust. I say that, the people who scanned me today was a school friend!

Thanks
I am exactly the same, my babies have the exact same age gap as you. This pregnancy was very much wanted and we were over the moon when the stick was positive but once I found out I was lucky enough to be pregnant with twins I won't lie I struggled and I still do. I have a multitude of chronic conditions and I knew this pregnancy would be a struggle but adding in growing and keeping two tiny humans safe takes some of that excitement away. I know how to care for one baby, how will I cope with two? My son is so independent now and my worst fear is missing what we had previously. But then in the next breath I honestly cannot wait to have two tiny humans lay snuggled into me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.