Pregnancy #13 Sponsored by McDonalds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had my 20 week scan yesterday, everything is all good, baby is still a little boy. Kept dreaming that the 16 week private scan was wrongšŸ¤£. But she said baby is breech, I didnā€™t even know they told you that at 20 weeksšŸ¤£šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

so sorry hope everything goes okay! X
That sounds early to be told about breach I didnā€™t think they turned til much later on?
At my 25 week midwife they put the Doppler on and sheā€™s sideways!!
I only ever get kicks low down so goodness know when sheā€™s meant to turn?!

Reactions: 3
That sounds early to be told about breach I didnā€™t think they turned til much later on?
Mine was sideways at my last check up (26 weeks) šŸ˜‚ midwife said itā€™s normal! I think he does turn around a lot judging by the movements though, I also get kicks low down like heā€™s kicking my butt sometimes šŸ˜†

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Ahhh I am the same. My baby wasnā€™t planned, I was really disappointed when I found out I was pregnant, itā€™s a taboo subject which comes with lots of guilt but it wasnā€™t in my short term goals.
I would open my inbox to you if I could. I spent most of my first trimester really unhappy. Iā€™ve accepted it now but I canā€™t say excited is how Iā€™d describe itā€¦ I also hate the movement and Iā€™m not connected to my bump at all.
I chose not to terminate as I did want a child down the line and I have such a good support network and my partner was over the moon. Iā€™m a first time mum x
This is an interesting topic just wanted to add I really really wanted a baby so much I was even going to pay private for ivf but when I found out I felt sad it wouldnā€™t just be me and my partner anymore I know that sounds so ridiculous but it was because it was such a shock as I thought I would be able to control / predict it more with insemination. I think it is normal to have all these type of feelings I connect so much more with her now but I can understand how you feel 100% the movement is strange but now I see it as reassuring. I feel so so lucky right now but I felt really worried anxious etc for months x

Had my 31 week midwife appointment baby has in fact done what another tattler said they were worried about for their scan which is go on a growth spurt so now on 72nd however she isnā€™t concerned as she did this before then levelled out x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I still look at my 4 year old confused and thatā€™s hes not real.

Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart everyone for thinking of me. Was scanned, baby was a bit asleep so didnā€™t move around much so had to do some star jumps. But newpotato is fine, safe and okay. Iā€™m just grabbing some lunch and off to see black widow.
My eldest is 12, and when she calls me mum, Iā€™m still like, ā€˜whoā€™s she talking toā€™ šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I think the feeling of shock and worry when you find out youā€™re pregnant is so normal. We very much want baby no2 but sometimes I panic, are we going to be able to do this?! Our wonderful threesome will never be the same again. Likewise when I found out I was pregnant with my son, I worried how much things will change.

things do change, but itā€™s fine. It just adds a new layer to everything. And the one thing that makes me excited about baby2 is watching my son get involved and him experiencing it for the first time.

Todayā€™s been a tit show. I bought a packet of chocolate raisins and Iā€™ve scoffed half already after crying this afternoon. My mum is being so difficult with many aspects atm and everything got on top of me. I feel abit sick now, but better šŸ˜‚šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thatā€™s what I thought, baby is still so small so has plenty of time to turnšŸ¤£. I donā€™t think there is a right time when they turn but my sisters little one didnā€™t turn until 37 weeksšŸ˜‚

Iā€™m almost 6 weeks pregnant, found out just over a week ago! Did it not feel real to anyone until they had a scan? šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Iā€™m 6 weeks on Friday and still get moments when I think what if the tests are wrong and Iā€™m not actually pregnant šŸ˜‚. I did about 5 tests and all were positive, including a clear blue one which confirmed the weeks, plus I have typical pregnancy symptoms but part of me still canā€™t believe it! I donā€™t think it will fully sink in until I have a scan to be honest.

Reactions: 6
Iā€™m 6 weeks on Friday and still get moments when I think what if the tests are wrong and Iā€™m not actually pregnant šŸ˜‚. I did about 5 tests and all were positive, including a clear blue one which confirmed the weeks, plus I have typical pregnancy symptoms but part of me still canā€™t believe it! I donā€™t think it will fully sink in until I have a scan to be honest.
Im 16weeks tomorrow and I still donā€™t believe it šŸ˜‚
I feel like when I introduce myself as my sons mother I feel like Iā€™m an imposter too šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 4
This is an interesting topic just wanted to add I really really wanted a baby so much I was even going to pay private for ivf but when I found out I felt sad it wouldnā€™t just be me and my partner anymore I know that sounds so ridiculous but it was because it was such a shock as I thought I would be able to control / predict it more with insemination. I think it is normal to have all these type of feelings I connect so much more with her now but I can understand how you feel 100% the movement is strange but now I see it as reassuring. I feel so so lucky right now but I felt really worried anxious etc for months x

Had my 31 week midwife appointment baby has in fact done what another tattler said they were worried about for their scan which is go on a growth spurt so now on 72nd however she isnā€™t concerned as she did this before then levelled out x
I will probably be disgusted at myself that I had such terrible thoughts and feelings throughout pregnancy because Iā€™m not mean or nasty by nature! I just didnā€™t feel ready, Iā€™m 35 soon so I think itā€™s hide time I grew up a little bit and moved onto the next chapter in my life.
It was going to happen but like you say I always thought Iā€™d be in control of when and have the house I dreamed of first but šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø Weā€™ll cope fine and they will be surrounded my love once sheā€™s here.
and I have to admit, I donā€™t have many hobbies so I was actually getting a little bit bored of cleaning and watching tv every weekend trying to kill time!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thanks for whoever brought up the topic. I definitely have moments of ā€œwtf am I doingā€ despite this being a much wanted baby! Husband has two older children so I sometimes panic that deep down he isnā€™t going to be happy about being back in the newborn stage especially when friends joke about the sleepless nights etc, I think heā€™s worried about how he will cope now heā€™s older (mid 40s but a young mid 40s to be fair!) and I start to worry about whether we might resent the baby and miss our life which is carefree, full of spontaneous days and nights and trips away. Iā€™m sure itā€™s just normal nerves and hormones and I fully expect to adore baby once theyā€™re here; I also have never been particularly mumsy or maternal but I do love my friends little ones so I figure and pray itā€™ll all just work out. Iā€™m trying to also think of nice things to do that we will be able to do with the baby so I donā€™t feel like ā€œmy old lifeā€ is going to completely disappear! Focusing on friends and people I know who are still fairly normal and have fun helps! Iā€™ve got a real fear of being a complete mum bore with no interests or personality and desperately donā€™t want to be like that!

Waiting for my doctor to message me back. Havenā€™t felt baby move since last night. Iā€™ve had an ice cold fizzy drink and some sugary food and have tried laying down quietly and then a shower and still nothing. Iā€™m 22 weeks almost with an anterior placenta so my rational brain knows itā€™s probably just baby has moved themselves in to an awkward position still but after a few days of feeling them more regularly I feel pretty anxious now.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I naively thought pregnancy would be all glowy and wonderful but itā€™s basically me being sick for about 15 weeks then feeling bored and wanting a wine šŸ˜‚ nine months is an awfully long time!
We only talk to the bump when my partner gets home from work I havenā€™t read any baby books and spend most of my days obsessed with getting a great deal on nursery furniture for some reason.
do some people love pregnancy?

Reactions: 6
Doctor said kicks arenā€™t expected until 24 weeks and not to worry about a pattern until 28 so I feel a bit better. Baby must be having a sleepy day.

In terms of loving pregnancyā€¦. Few people in real life seem to despite what media would have you think! I feel very lucky Iā€™m 22 weeks and itā€™s been relatively smooth sailing with regards to symptoms. I felt like I was permanently hungover for weeks 6-14 but second trimester hit and Iā€™ve felt fine since, most days wouldnā€™t know I was pregnant at all. Bump is starting to grow but mainly just look a bit podgy. People have said oh Iā€™m glowing but I think theyā€™re just being polite, I look fairly normal. I wouldnā€™t say I love being pregnant though - it just kind of is what it is? Like I donā€™t dislike it but Iā€™m not sure what people love about it? Maybe thatā€™ll come with a bigger bump and more constant kicks or something but yeah, so far I think itā€™s oversold a bit really!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Doctor said kicks arenā€™t expected until 24 weeks and not to worry about a pattern until 28 so I feel a bit better. Baby must be having a sleepy day.

In terms of loving pregnancyā€¦. Few people in real life seem to despite what media would have you think! I feel very lucky Iā€™m 22 weeks and itā€™s been relatively smooth sailing with regards to symptoms. I felt like I was permanently hungover for weeks 6-14 but second trimester hit and Iā€™ve felt fine since, most days wouldnā€™t know I was pregnant at all. Bump is starting to grow but mainly just look a bit podgy. People have said oh Iā€™m glowing but I think theyā€™re just being polite, I look fairly normal. I wouldnā€™t say I love being pregnant though - it just kind of is what it is? Like I donā€™t dislike it but Iā€™m not sure what people love about it? Maybe thatā€™ll come with a bigger bump and more constant kicks or something but yeah, so far I think itā€™s oversold a bit really!
I actually love the way I look and fhe big kicks and my partners love for me and excitement at baby clothes and little tutu outfits but it is not comfortable physically for me which is hindering the fact I should be enjoying it x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
My partners (literally) just lost his job and weā€™ve got our dating scan on Sunday for our third so yes definitely feel the ā€œwhat the duck am I doingā€ right now.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Probably going to get ousted from this thread but other than fries I donā€™t really care for McDonaldā€™s šŸ™ˆ sorry all!! (Except when on holiday - patatas bravas in Spain are šŸ‘ŒšŸ¼)
Patatas bravas are one of the main reason I go to Spain šŸ‡ŖšŸ‡ø šŸ˜…

My partners (literally) just lost his job and weā€™ve got our dating scan on Sunday for our third so yes definitely feel the ā€œwhat the duck am I doingā€ right now.
Donā€™t stress you ALWAYS find a way x

This is a bit off topic but Iā€™m ten weeks pregnant and Iā€™m not sure how I feel about it... it took 2.5 years to get pregnant. Second baby and I feel like I should be excited but I donā€™t really feel it. Iā€™m more thinking wtf have I done/have I made a mistake. My first child is 9 so itā€™s getting a bit easier now, heā€™s more self sufficient, letā€™s me lie in etc. Iā€™m worried that I might crave my old life back. This baby is definitely wanted and Iā€™m very grateful to be pregnant just wish I knew how to feel.

Did anyone else not feel excited right away. Please no judgement as Iā€™m struggling to comprehend how I feel.

Thanks
I had an 8 year old when I had my second and it definitely takes some getting used too again after selfishly starting to get some independence back after your first BUT now his here I wouldnā€™t change him for the world itā€™s like your never without them! I think whether they are planned or not you wouldnā€™t be human if you wasnā€™t scared or worried about doing it all again like the Labour and the sleepless nights but your baby is a blessing and I promise you will come to think why was I so worried. All the best with everything

Last edited:
  • Heart

Ahh Iā€™m a bit earlier than you (20 weeks) but last week he didnā€™t move all day and night and I was honestly terrified. But just like a typical baby, while I sit waiting for him to be checked he started moving againšŸ¤£šŸ¤£. ā¤

• Heart
My skin, hair and nails are growing amazingly, and I like the kicks and the fact I donā€™t have to hold my stomach in šŸ˜‚ physically Iā€™m ok really, itā€™s the anxiety that kills me!

nice to hear so many of you have ā€˜olderā€™ kids, my other one is 6 and I feel like everyone else I know has had their second so much sooner šŸ˜‚ donā€™t really see it as a huge age gap myself but compared to others it sometimes feels that way!

It could be me whoā€™s written this, Iā€™m exactly the same! I wasnt disappointed, just super shocked and terrified. Not planned and know I should be grateful, but like you I just didnt see it in my future. I was expecting the menopause and looking for a wreck to do up in Portugal! Trying desperately to bond. But Iā€™m only 17 weeks so barely any bump and obviously no movements, I keep reading about the rush of love and hoping I get that (at some point). My midwife said talking to the baby helps but I just feel stupid šŸ¤£
I reckon once you feel them move you will feel more connected, before movement I went on as if it wasnā€™t real. You will love them unconditionally promise you

Owe no what industry is he in? If it helps recruitment has really picked up recently so fingers crossed heā€™ll be ok finding something new but just not what you want right now. Hope your ok and not too stressed x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.